The Road To 220......ish

I've missed those deadstop EZ extensions
Serious DOMS in tris this morning.

Left eye muscles feel tight and bit of massaging first thing and will have to do a few more times before Legs tomorrow.

Knuckles into lower right quad as getting signs there is a knot there

Jabbed slightly higher up on right quad with the sus400
Onto my last vial so will be looking to source some more stuff in the next couple of weeks, not sure on what, but think doink suggested tren wouldn't be a good option for me - anxiety related - so more than likely just be test. Also want to get some adex, again, another suggestion by doink, as I reckon there are good chances my Estrogen levels with being a fat ba'stard are higher than they need to be - ok without bloods hard to say, but just my opinion and i'm curious to see if it's the 'missing piece of the puzzle' - ok might get stick for that comment, just feel there still is something out of balance.

SATURDAY - LEGS

Feel like the test is really getting into the system now, and feeling better for it - still struggling with energy crashes around 3pm no matter what I've eaten previous, so unlikely to be food related, so who knows why.
Weight I have no idea as haven't weighed myself for weeks - wouldn't be surprised if it ain't gone up as knee and elbow sleeves feeling tighter so suggests muscle is going on, even if BF isn't going down.
Anyway i'm digressing...the session....

TOE PRESS - on plate loaded leg press

100 x20
120 x20
140 x18
160 x14
175 x11
185 x6
165 x14
145 x14
125 x14

Thought I'd mix it up a bit than plate loaded calf raise every time, so jumped on this. Haven't checked back to see if any good, but felt ok.

HACK SQUAT

60 x10
100 x8
150 x6
200 x5
250 x4
300 x3
340 x2
370 x13 PB
200 x24

Started as normal with 60 & 100, then thought sod messing around with plates so much, and just go up in 25's per side then have plates ready for leg press after (next to it). Did think of doing a rep or so less on some of the warm ups as usually final one is a single, but kept them high(er). 340 felt heavy, as it should, and expected to struggle more going to 370 (iirc last week was a PB at 360 for 12), and probably got 8 ok, then slowed, and just kept them going, and 13 was fckin tough, which is one rep up with an extra 10kg, so well happy with that. Back down to 200, and couldn't remember how many I did last time, but thought I needed 20+, and 15/16 weren't that hard, but started hitting hard, and slowed and slowed but kept them going, and had to support myself getting up as nearly fell over lol.

LEG PRESS

200 x10
250 x8
300 x6
350 x6
400 x6
450 x5
500 x5
535 x5
565 x10 PB

Usual warm ups, 500 was hard, 535 was bloody hard - 9x25's each side, 2x25, a 20 and a 15 on top (max is 550 using every 25 in place) as wanted a weight as intermediary between 500 and going for a new PB. Grabbed a couple of 15kg DB's and found somewhere to site them on there (not as easy to do as leisure centre) and psyched myself up and went for it and not knowing a target just went to absolute limit, and 10th was borderline getting back to pins, checked back and same reps as last week but an extra 15kg - can't knock it :) Felt real close to puking putting plates back :lol:

LEG PRESS - ham focus/3-4ct neg/constant tension

200 x10
250 x8 - sacked off

Can't pinpoint it, but something felt amiss here in hams, predominately right one, and don't know if last 2 exercises getting the PB's wiped me out a bit, I decided to play safe and jump to next machine in the line, leg extns.

LEG EXTNS

100 x20
100 x20
100 x19+1partial

Just as I threw my stuff on floor on RHS of machine, someone else chucked his bag on LHS, so we agreed to work in together with his mate. They had 50kg on and on my turn felt like arm was going to fly away and to make less messing about, stuck another 25 p/s on, first set was maybe 8/8.5rpe, 2nd was a 9.5, and 3rd was a 10. Was happy with 3 sets so left them with it.

LEG CURLS

p55 x12 - 4ct +ve & -ve
p55 x9 - 4ct +ve/2ct hold/4ct -ve
p55 x8 - as above

Nothing spectacular as unsure of ham, right more so, so super slow - loads more there, but again played safe, although adding the 2ct hold felt more productive. Guess I could of done some cardio but decided on resting the ham 'just in case'

Overall, yep, 2 more PB's so can't complain, shame about ham, but I'll save myself to fight another day :)

Perfectly valid comment imo mate.

I can tell when my oestrogens high mate, just by looking at myself. Even by my mood.

People will say " oh well you don't know without bloods so how can you tell it's high oestrogen " then quote 500 irrelevant studies but I take Adex for a week and feel fucking great again so there you go.

Feel is underrated.

0.5mg-1mg Adex twice a week and bobs your uncle. You'll feel better and sharper within 7 days, sleep better, better sex drive, more stable mood, less mental fog.

Many a benefit and at that sort of dose to cover a simple test cycle a box of Adex lasts a fair while so cost is negligible.

Cheers mate, makes me feel loads better [emoji106]

Off to gym shortly

Supposed to be more shoulder dominant push session today, but after the flat DB bench of 60's for 14, I'm thinking of 'making up' some 65's to try out - bit like when they didn't have any 55's and I used bands to tie 2x2.5's to the end of each dumbbell. Feel like power is there to get the off the chest - bit like last time I did the 60's pre Op, just felt easier than they ever did prior to that, and made me think the 65's were a possibility, yet I did more reps this Thursday post Op, so think I might take a punt - could leave till this coming Thursday, but on holiday next day and just in case struggle for time, why the hell not.
Will move over to more shoulder stuff after that, as been a bit neglected since coming back, and pop some arms in after.
So instead of complete wing it of late, will probably look like this
Flat DB Bench
Either plate loaded shoulder press, or seated db ohp
Side laterals
Deadstop EZ extensions
Either plate loaded bicep curl, preacher curls, or deadstop ez curls
Might throw in some single arm DB clean & press as a finisher like earlier in year.

IMG_3578.JPG

Forgot how good a Dig workout can be lol - ok, not back with him for another 3 weeks, but picked out a workout from March pre Op that suited what I wanted to do today - flat db bench, shoulder work, and arms, and aimed to beat everything on there, being weight, reps or both.

SUNDAY - UPPER II

FLAT DB BENCH

20's x10
30's x8
37.5's x8
45's x7
50's x5
55's x4
60's x3
65's x7 PB!!
55's x12
50's x14

As the end goal was to try and do 65kg DB's, compared to 60's last time, and that one started at 15kg, I initially added 5kg so started at 20kg DB's. However that would of meant going from 47.5's to 52.5's which they don't have and ain't going to fart about making up DB's too much, I had to add in an extra set, by going to 50's, 55's, 60's, then finally adding a 2.5kg plate to each end of the 60's as per photo in previous post. Up to the 60's I was listening to some blues but not feeling it for 'working out' so swapped to The Prodigy as needed something else to get me going. The "65's" felt bloody awkward getting onto my quads and felt like I wasted a lot of energy doing so, but for me, it's all part of 'the process' and ok, I could of asked someone for some help, but then I wouldn't feel it's relative would I.
Ok, felt bloody heavy, but got up not too bad, but all I could manage was 7. Is that good? is it bad? -well, not exactly bad, but 60's for 14, or 65's for 7, what is better? Ok, first time doing them, so must admit, compared to getting other PB's lately, I did feel bloody good for it. Seemed to hit chest well, then seeing as I hadn't yet put the 55's and 50's away, I dropped down into them.

PLATE LOADED SHOULDER PRESS

c3 warm up sets...(45x8/65x6/77.5x4)
+87.5 x14 (10+)
+70 x16 (14+)
+55 x14 (14+)

Added 5kg to the 3 warm up sets and the 3 working sets. Numbers in brackets are reps from before, so good on first two working sets, as both 5kg up, and a 4 & a 2 on reps, last set same reps but 5kg up. Pretty pleased with that as I've felt like shoulders have suffered.

DECLINE DB EXTENSIONS

17.5's x10
25's x12
25's x12
25's x14 (12+)

As I haven't do these in a while, I decided not to add weight, and just try to beat reps on final set, which I got 2 up on.

CABLE X-OVER

p35 x10
p45 x20
p45 x15
p45 x11
*1min rests

Messed up as supposed to be slow negs, and missed that off when looking at notes doh!! so despite initially feeling good I got an extra 10 reps over the 3 working sets, bit annoyed at myself - although chest felt pretty well hit already.

DB LATERALS

10's x10
15's x21 (19)
15's x15 (14)
Total 36 (33)
*1min rest

First time in a while and felt tough, but beat reps so all's good.

DB PREACHER CURL - 12s x10, 20's x 2 sets to failure (17+ 1st set and 29+ total) *no rests one arm to the other

20 x21 (17+)
20 x13 (12+)
Total 34 (29+)

Sumptious burn in the bi's with this one, felt well pumped by the end, and both sets beaten.

Overall
Genuinely pleased with the 65's on flat DB Bench, as feels like next level, and guess it's because highly unlikely any other fckr is doing it in this gym. Then again, doubt there is many in there using the 60's lol
Enjoyed the layout of doing a 'dig' workout again, and felt blitzed by the end.
Will be nice to be working with him again in a few weeks time.

Well done mate, i can only dream of one day hitting 65's at the moment. Top notch. :cool:
Cheers mate
Progressive overload and it all came together.
Think it was only start of year I did the 55's, so given I had almost 2 months off, I can't knock it.
Just keep plugging away, and you'll get there

Bought a cafetière on way home so can have 'proper coffee' again

8 cups it said

Filled sports direct mug up and 80% gone
How fckin small are these cups [emoji43]

On holiday from Friday
Think I'm just going to try and squeeze a pull, legs, and a push session in that order in before I go.
Worse case scenario I'll be doing 5 workouts on the bounce, but I'll have over a week to recover so doable I reckon.
Misses booked in for body pump class at 6 at the Leisure Centre so reckon I'll go do Pull in there and make rack Pulls main movement- not sure if that's a wise move in not over doing it on trap Bar Deads or wussing out on them in not attempting a 287 PB.
Reckon the rack pulls aren't a bad call as got 287 off the floor last 2 weeks but no further so they'd be a good movement wouldn't they.

Not sure that was a wise move, and just sheer stubbornness got me through, but it's done now.

Washed and polished the car before going the gym, and sciatica was giving me shit loads of grief, and should of done some stretches to abate it, but jumped straight in. Also didn't feel like had the energy, but as I said, sheer stubbornness.

MONDAY - PULL

SRAIGHT ARM LAT PULL DOWNS - slow reps

39 x16
39 x12
39 x10

Done these slow, trying to get some connection going in the lats, but wasn't happening.

RACK PULLS

100 x6
140 x6
180 x6
220 x6
260 x5

220 felt bloody heavy, and seemed stupid to go to 260, but again being stubborn, and went for it, and got the 5, to be 1 up on last time I tried it.

BOR

60 x15
80 x12
100 x8
120 x6
140 x10

140 felt all out, and lower back starting to give me bit of jyp.

CHINS

x12
x8

Some reason traps were burning a bit now.

FAT MAN DECLINE TRX PULL UPS

x16
x12
x11+2partials

Used to do these on bit of decline before, but not done in ages, as main gym hasn't got TRX, and was at Leisure Centre for this workout, so put feet up on box to create decline. Felt good on these.

Had enough by now as sciatica been giving me shit prior, and all throughout, and had enough of it, plus misses looked like she's had enough of the cardio (junked pump as one of her knuckles really inflamed and I gave her some of my Diclofenac I had prescribed and had loads left over)

Body really needed that day off it normally gets, and sciatica just ridiculous, so not the best scenario for a workout, and as said numerous times now, just sheer stubbornness got me through.
Got no work AGAIN tomorrow (fck knows how little I'll earn this week :sad: ) so looks like legs in the morning HOWEVER will not do my usual stuff, going to try something different just to mix it up a tad - especially as only been 3 days since last one - at least pull was 6 days)

Back