Buying Prescription Glasses Online

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Reacher, Oct 21, 2021.

1. Reacher

Reacher Moderator

Does anyone have experience of buying their glasses online ?
    picked out some frames at opticians, then lenses etc..
    got home checked online and I can buy frames almost £100 cheaper and about same saving on lenses...
    frames are the same, but what is lense quality like from online sellers ?
    seems too big a saving to be legit without some quality being lost.

2. Raisin

Raisin Top Contributor

I have terrible eyesight. Usually have to spend hundreds on the lenses to get them thin enough to suit fashionable frames.
    I get my contacts from Specsavers and usually a pair of geeks every couple years. Bought online last year. Saved at least 50% AND got Ray Ban frames instead of Specsavers own brand frames.
    Get your measurements right and you won’t be disappointed.

Note: I wear lenses most of the time. Glasses in the morning before leaving the house and maybe an hour before bed.

Reacher likes this.
  3. Greedy Ben

Greedy Ben Top Contributor

No idea but once you have your prescription strength thats it, should be the same strength/power no returns policy for online frames?

I don't go to the optician I just get stronger contact lenses when needed, I'm short sighted so I know if car number plates are getting blurry at a certain distance I need the next power up on my prescription :lol:
    They only tell you the same old shit and that one eye is stronger than the other etc.

Reacher likes this.
  4. Sjundea

Sjundea Moderator

I wear specs.
    I am lazy and just go opticians.
    Usually go for 2 for 1 designer specs but ask not to get 2nd pair and simply have the lenses thinned down instead of 2nd pair. I don't need 2 pairs anyhow.
    My current Hackett ones cost me like 200 all in.

Reacher likes this.
  5. NoPain

NoPain Full Member

I buy them online all the time works like a dream my company gives me a certain amount per yer and I get 5 pairs and a couple of sunglasses a year all prescription online every year I have a collection.

Reacher likes this.
  6. welshguy84

welshguy84 Competitor

I contemplated online ones but once added all the extra bits wasn't really worth it. Plus now I can just walk into specsavers and get them fixed/adjusted if needed.

I always get the 2 for 1. Got some recently and got the 2nd pair as a nice pair of sunglasses and paid £150 for both

Reacher likes this.
  7. TBLifter

TBLifter Top Contributor

bought my wife a bunch of cheap back ups online and they were great https://specscart.co.uk loads of different suppliers tbf

Reacher likes this.