Call The Rspca, Cos I’m An Absolute Animal

Discussion in 'Training Logs' started by GhostOf2Can, Apr 30, 2021.

1. GhostOf2Can

GhostOf2Can Top Contributor

Back/Legs today. Had to go back in there almost straight away as the missus is out so I’m on baby duty this afternoon (zero relaxing will be done today she loves a freak out atm)

Mid Shin Rack pull (bad start point for me):
    60kg x 8
    105kg x 8
    105kg x 8
    145kg x 5
    185kg x 3
    205kg x 1
    225kg x 1
    245kg x 1
    255kg x 1
    185kg x 8

BOR:
    80kg (5 x 15)

Squat:
    Warmups
    170kg x 8

Finished

Ive to Squat 160kg (6 x 6) on Monday to get back on schedule so had to balance the session today with that in mind, no point doing too much. 170kg x 8 was easy

Jamesalan, Greedy Ben and pooley1810 like this.
  2. pooley1810

pooley1810 Moderator

Ha
    Wasn't expecting this to be your journal when I read the title
    Will definitely follow, I'm always impressed by anybody who can be a good hybrid athlete
    And be interesting to see you lean down
    I've dropped some weight myself recently, about 6kg which has mainly been water and the difference is clear
    Leaner, fitter and just look healthier
    Gotta be a bit more sensible as you get older, its usually the guys that keep pushing into their 40s n 50s that encounter problems

GhostOf2Can and Sjundea like this.
  3. GhostOf2Can

lol tbf the thread title was just for the lols and it was a play on Conor McGregor always talking about how he’s an animal due to me wanting to get back in to “fighting shape” with the boxing training. Who knows I might even end up doing some BJJ again at some point. I’ll deffo go kickboxing with a mate who still goes once I’m happy with where my hands are at

I’m actually pretty fit already due to the sandbags and all the walking so the start point isn’t too bad CV wise, I’m just a lot bigger then I used to be so the lactic acid build up seems to be quite savage atm

And your absolutely right mate past 40 seems to be where problems arise. No reason we can’t still be strong and look good, it’s just the big cycles, big eating and big bodyweight seems to catch up around the 40 mark so I’d prefer to axe it before it happens. And as long as I look good I’m not really arsed about being huge. 17.5 - 18 stone ripped is still pretty big anyway innit

Mr mac, pooley1810 and Simon90 like this.
  4. TITO

TITO Full Member

In!
    Smart move mate, I did the same couple of years ago once stopped competing, took up bjj and never looked back. Dropped 20kg so far, look and feel so much healthier.

It was a shot to the ego to loose size and not be the biggest/strongest in the gyms etc but so worth it for the long run!

Good luck :)

Mr mac, pooley1810 and GhostOf2Can like this.
  5. GhostOf2Can

Workout 4 of the week today. Added some Pulldowns as the bag work has tightened my shoulders and pecs up. Dropped Delts for same reason. The bag work is fucking me up

Dips: 6 x 15
    Superset
    Parallel grip Pulldowns: 6 x 20 (40kg)

Dips:
    +20kg x 20
    +40kg x 12
    BW x 20

One arm preacher curl: 6 sets

Wrist curls: 4 sets

8 rds on bag (60 sec /30 rest) *kept it brief today as feeling so tight and stiff

Finished

Diet was spot on yesterday. Will stick to it until next Saturday. Will drop a lot of BW this week no doubt

Greedy Ben, TITO, G-G and 1 other person like this.
  6. Big Balls

Big Balls Full Member

I would once you drop some weight if that´s your goal you do some harder cardio. walking won´t cut in on the mats. I am a Judo Dan grade. BJJ is mainly ground fighting as is Kosen Judo. Most have never heard of Kosen Judo. Distance running, Staminia but short burst like sprints too.

7. GhostOf2Can

Yeah I know mate I trained BJJ for a fair while on and off (about 5 years)

I was just saying my CV capacity isn’t as bad as some would think considering I’m walking around just under 20 stone

The sandbags and walking have got me to a good base to build on should I choose to. This is all just for enjoyment obviously. I’ve no interest in actually fighting again

pooley1810 and Big Balls like this.
  8. Big Balls

Big Balls Full Member

yeah i know you are one of the experienced guys on here.

GhostOf2Can likes this.
  9. Gymshark

Gymshark Full Member

I read the thread title and assumed Lee de lifter was back???
    Come on Ken, stop lurking and issue a sparring challenge? The beast of Birkenhead could redeem himself?????

GhostOf2Can and Greedy Ben like this.
  10. GhostOf2Can

Stuck to the diet Saturday whilst I watched the baby but ended up out on Sunday to watch the football (which got cancelled). Ended up out until 3am drinking cider, wine and vodka and ate pizzas

Back on the routine Sunday surprisingly but didn’t train so I’m not on programme again

Did 13.5hrs at work today and away tomorrow night so just did a quick back workout tonight

Pulldowns superset with Bent over row: 12 sets

Barbell shrug: 5 sets

Will train legs Thursday, dips etc Friday then the big Back/Legs session on Saturday. Hopefully finally hit a proper week next week and ride it out for a while

No drinking for a while now. It fucks it all up

Greedy Ben and pooley1810 like this.
  11. noel

noel Moderator

seems everyones gone all JP now eh.... if he "drops" a TBJP pair of boxing gloves I bet you'll be all over it!

jokes aside sensible move. Has to be a balance point at some time where Mr Invincible has to go for a holiday. Just the head games though, as you mention (and others) dropping a bit of weight and being fit at a decent mass will still look very impressive to all bar hardcore strongmen/BB etc.

GhostOf2Can likes this.
  12. GhostOf2Can

Lol no mate I’ve never ever paid any attention to JP in my life. Just with my daughter coming along and getting older pal

Can’t do it forever can u

spearman and noel like this.
  13. GhostOf2Can

Got in the gym today for Legs/Back

85kg Sandbag load:
    3 x 8

Squat:
    60kg x 8,8
    100kg x 5,5
    120kg x 3
    140kg x 1
    160kg (6 x 6)

130kg Sandbag load:
    4 x 3
    * 4 sets of 3 is the best I’ve ever done on these. Not even having to reset after the initial pickup now, I’m just rowing it straight to my lower chest as I stand up and re-grip it on the move and placing it on the RH

Pulldown/row (45 degree angle (high to low)):
    5 x 15

Finished

Good session

Diet since Monday has been a shake and cereal or toast for breakfast, 1kg of chicken and 60g of carbs from rice cakes through the day then eggs or chicken and some rice for tea

I look significantly better already. Dropping water obviously but fat will deffo come off if I maintain this, which I will

14. GhostOf2Can

Chest/Arms after work

Dips (warmup):
    BW x 15,15,15,15

Black band pushdown (warmup):
    2 x 50

Weighted Dips:
    +20kg x 15 superset 50 band pushdowns
    +20kg x 15 superset 50 band pushdowns
    +30kg x 15 superset 50 band pushdowns x 4 supersets

One arm preacher curl:
    4 sets each arm

Ez-Bar curl:
    4 sets x failure

Finished

Delt/pec tie in’s are very very sore and stiff. Will have to give dips a miss next week or I’ll be risking injury

Greedy Ben likes this.
  15. GhostOf2Can

269lbs this morning. 5lbs off this week

Cheat meal tonight

Greedy Ben, pooley1810 and Jamesalan like this.