Calorie Counting Vs Macros

Discussion in 'Diet & Nutrition' started by B-rad, Nov 12, 2019.

1. B-rad

B-rad Full Member

Hi guys been a long time since I posted. Read a post online a while back about diet etc.

about iifym looks like a good way to diet.. but is hitting macros important couldn’t you just calorie count and get in a deficit? Wouldn’t you get the same results?

2. Richard Dick

Richard Dick Full Member

iifym is an awful way to diet.

3. noel

noel Top Contributor

depends what you mean

as technically they are the same thing

if your cals to lose weight are 2000

whether you IIFYM or count as long as its 2000 you should lose weight

now is it optimal....i dont think so.

i dont like IIFYM as most try to make shit food fit their diet not the other way around.... but technically all diets are IIFYM arent they......

4. B-rad

B-rad Full Member

I done iifym before and ate clean foods did slip up now and then tho because I was trying to be so strict.. or I was getting annoyed because I ate 20g more protein instead of carbs but in the end of it all it.. I still got in shape. I think I’m going to try and and get good carbs fats and protein in and not worry about macros so much aslong as it’s balanced and my calories are right I should have the same end goal

5. noel

noel Top Contributor

dont over complicate

divide cals say 40/40/20 and split betwen 4 to 6 meals....not hard really

dont eat shit, majority of food being stuff that is as close to natural as possible i.e it has 1 ingredient - not a list of stuff on it....

6. B-rad

B-rad Full Member

That’s what I will do mate but not going to worry if macros out a little aslong as I’m in a deficit Il be fine