can you be a bodybuilder and not enjoy the attention your build brings you?

Discussion in 'General Bodybuilding' started by Willis, Feb 9, 2011.

1. Worst thing i think is that blokes always want to sqeeze you (like checking if its real) and then start asking for tips and evetually want you to design a whole program for them. "IM HAVING A DRINK!!! I dont know you. You too pis.sed to remember anyway. Please stop!"

2. Mike2011

Mike2011 Full Member

Think like virtually everyone here, the attention I get is a mixed bag. Some's ok and I don't mind when someone's got a question about training or diet etc. (although, thankfully have never neen squeezed :D ), the odd insult doesn't bother me. Overall though no comments are made at all either at work, with friends and just out (very rare for anyone to say anything about how I look).

3. big silver back

big silver back Competitor

I dont like the attention if im honest

4. Prodiver

Prodiver Top Contributor

I've never been small, and have always got various remarks, especially when playing rugger and when I'm in obviously good shape, whether my t's are tight or loose!

Can't say I've ever had really vindictive remarks or mind the attention. People don't seem to bother me for long...

It's true many think on first meeting that I'm a big meat-head. But when I sit down at the piano and play some Liszt or Rachmaninov the reaction's usually fun. :)

LittleChris likes this.
  5. SK-XO

SK-XO Herbalife got me jacked Top Contributor

x2 all the way here lol

6. JB

JB Top Contributor

TBH i am in no real shape, well my stomach isnt the rest is ok and i am usually kept covered dont really like all this skimpy 'T' shirt look i just like to dress normal but last week i was out in my polo ralph lauren shirt which i tend to suit all my mates and a few birds were like oh look he has muscles and TBH i didnt really like it

7. bulkaholic

bulkaholic Competitor

I love the attention if I am honest as I am that idiot on the table in a pub "seeking attention" but i don't like the fact that so many people get on the offensive as a protection thing. I have people just walk in my way just to prove they aren't moving out of the way ???

8. CJ

CJ Top Contributor

I'm not particular big but the part I hate is when skinny kids that I don't even know come up to me in the gym and ask what gear I'm on.

To say I get irritated is an understatement

9. Milky

Milky Top Contributor

Lets reverse it tho....

How would you feel to be "normal" ? No attention just another face in the crowd ?

bet that scares most of us more than the attention !

Kate1976 likes this.
  10. control

control Full Member

I've had this thought many of times, what if i was to stop BB'ing and just become normal!? You're correct just a face in the crowd (ugly one at that)!

I like to be different and good at something, appreciated is a nice way of putting it!

11. Prodiver

Prodiver Top Contributor

I usually just say "loads" and leave it at that. If they ask more I "interview" them and try to put them on the right path...

12. 1Tonne

1Tonne Top Contributor

Wouldn't know sadly, I'm too small to be even asked :sad: must try harder lol.

13. Willis

Willis Top Contributor

dont agree there

tbh thats exactly why i went from just wanting to add a bit of size to wanting to be big and i dont think i'll ever be big enough

you too but to be honest you must get way more than me

big silver back likes this.
  14. CJ

CJ Top Contributor

Don't get me wrong, I've got no problem admitting that I'm taking steroids and have never been backwards in helping someone ,ref training, either.

Tonight was a prime example, A marine came up to me in the middle of my sets and asked "what steds are you on at the moment"

Now I've given this guy a friendly nod every now and again but have never spoke to him. So for his opening line to be the above, I thought was a just a bit too rude.

As mentioned, I'm not particular big but I do love the attention I get from kids when they see my bigish arms covered in tattoo's. I can usually see them nudging their parents out the corner of my eye

Prodiver likes this.
  15. Jim

Jim 2x British Champ Competitor

i fuking hate the attention! in bbing circles then yea like in her at an event or on stage but down the street..... no i hate it ill be with Sarah in summer and ill be in a vest and people will look at me and ill forget why and be like wtf are you looking at lol or just get pissed off with people looking at me all day feel like im on big brother.

Willis likes this.