Carbs and Building Muscle

Discussion in 'Diet & Nutrition' started by ado, Sep 18, 2012.

1. anab0lic

anab0lic Banned

No offence fella, but you really havent looked at all the information out there if you still believe that fats are unhealthy. Also we are carnivores.

Humans are carnivores - get over it - and get well | The Missing Human Manual

+ Listen to the podcast by dr greg ellis, also a bodybuilder.

2. anab0lic

anab0lic Banned

We have the brain and gut of a carnivore.

Listen to the seminars and podasts i linked you to....or you could just take the ignorance is bliss approach LOL.

3. anab0lic

anab0lic Banned

:rolleyes:

4. Con

Con Moderator

What amuses me is that anabolic posts the exact same threads on a number of other boards and gets a similar response every where (that he's talking nonsense):lol:
    TBH I am starting to think he is a higher level troll and for that reason I will be monitering closely:thumb:

Guest likes this.
  5. Dtlv

Dtlv Moderator Moderator

I knew you'd bite, such fun trolling the trolls :lol:

Yes I am familar with glycation and AGE's, very much so... are you familiar with the prevention and reversal of glycation by carnosine and pyruvate (and other alpha-keto acids), even in the presence of carbohydrate?

Are you familiar with the differential effect of cooking/food preparation methods on glycation and the differing levels of glycation shown in response to varied micronutrient intakes?

Show me more 'definitive' clinical evidence on the other points... also please share with us what you know about the differential effects of fructose, galactose, glucose, starches, oligfructose, resistant starches, fibres and other polysaccharide molecules on various diseases, would love to see how you understand the differences in physiological effect over multiple conditions.

As for fats, you claim to have some knowledge here, so please share your understanding of the effects of differing fatty acids upon lipoproteins, TAG formation and metabolism, ceramide production, insulin dynamics etc and how nutrient combinations interact. Would be great also to hear your understanding of genetic differences and how they result in variations in disease risk compared to these factors... you wisdom on response to carbohydrate and genetic differences would am sure also be enlightening.

Thanks btw for your in depth scientific response to my point about mineral balance and bloating... I don't need to ask you about your knowledge on mineral balance within the human body as you've already cleared that one up for me.

Am still waiting for it after months of myself and others asking for answers to all these questions multiple times on UKM after you;ve assured us you know better, but sure you'll outline all these factors and prove your point definitively soon enough, I have faith in you brother :)

MUTANT, LittleChris, SK-XO and 5 others like this.
  6. anab0lic

anab0lic Banned

Or maybe I'm not just a sheep who believes everything he reads/is told and can think for myself. ;)

I look at all the evidence before I come to my conclusions.

7. blackbeard

blackbeard Competitor

If i go without carbs for too long i tend to go flat, i don't need loads of carbs to avoid this but i do need some.And i'm not confusing this with water retention it is definitely glycogen retention.

8. huntingground

huntingground Kenstradamus Competitor

anab0lic, are you now going to put up pics of your phenomenal physique built on this mountain of knowledge which you possess? :D

Dtlv, Smitch, Ninja and 1 other person like this.
  9. Hilly

Hilly Nutritionist and Sports Therapist Moderator

Carbs

Show me pictures of any top level bodybuilder that eats 0 carbs in the offseason ?

Hence fact

Dtlv and bulldog like this.
  10. Ninja

Ninja Full Member

:bump2::bump2::bump2:

huntingground likes this.
  11. Con

Con Moderator

Ok.

Well I personally will cease all communication with you at this point because I only speak with those I find open minded/intelligent and those I find ammusing/funny and you tick neither of these two boxes.

I will wait and once I recieve 3 member reports against you I shall ban you.
    Obviously some people enjoy communicating with you and for that reason I wont ban you now:thumb:

12. anab0lic

anab0lic Banned

13. anab0lic

anab0lic Banned

Sure, former Olympia winner good enough for you?

Larry-Scott-11.jpg

14. anab0lic

anab0lic Banned

I wont pretend to know much of the stuff you are jabbering on about here.... but reeling of a bunch of scientific terms really doesnt prove anything. I will listen to DR's who specialize and have spent much of their lifes researching this stuff and have helped thousands of people improve their health, over someone that does a little bit of research his in his spare time (much of which seems to be cherry picked to support what you want to be true, rather than looking at the stuff that goes against it.) It's funny how when i posted some studys -which you seem to love so much- showing the benfits of body comp changes low carbing on UKM you completely ignored them.

I've seen enough and read enough to be convinced that the dangers of eating carbs are very real. I feel better, look better and am far far healthier in just about every way than the years i spent eating what we are have been lied to for too long now, constitutes healthy eating. I wouldn't go back to eating how i did before If i was paid to...

15. J87

J87 Top Contributor

The bloat is due to homeostatis and sodium concentrations which can be indirectly effected by carbs as they can effect the body excreting sodium therefore holding a larger volume of water to keep concentrations within balance?

That was my understanding.

Dtlv likes this.