1. TMuscle acknowledges the use of AAS (anabolic and androgenic steroids) POMs (prescription-only medicines) and other performance-enhancing substances in bodybuilding today. It aims to provide reliable information on their safe administration, side effects and dangers.

TMuscle does not approve or support the unlawful supply, possession or use of any drug.

Members may report and describe factually their experiences with AAS and brands of AAS and POMs.

Members may not offer to supply or facilitate the unlawful supply of AAS, POMS or other controlled drugs on TMuscle or its messaging systems.
    Dismiss Notice

Cardarine

Discussion in 'Other PED's and POM's' started by huntingground, Oct 8, 2019.

1. tomlet1

tomlet1 Mr Glass Top Contributor

Phaggotry

huntingground likes this.
  2. Richard Dick

Richard Dick Full Member

Alright so you have all these people that just parrot the same thing about how the rat dosage was 100, 1000, million times higher than the human dose people actually use, but no-one that says that really understands the actual figures, and the whole thing was probably started by someone that was selling cardarine.

To get the actual human equivalent to the rat dose you do this: ratKm/humanKm x rate dose x human weight (kg)

Source for that: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4804402/

So if you do this it'll depend on your bodyweight obviously. But it works out that the cancer causing rat dose is about three times as high as the usual 20mg dose people take. Which yeah, it's still higher, but these rats were riddled with cancer. That's just how stuff is tested, they didn't test cigarette induced cancer by giving chimps a ten deck a day for 40 years, they stuck them in ventilated chambers they could pump tobacco smoke into, once they've all got cancer you realise there's obviously a link.

Personally, I wouldn't touch the stuff, but it's probably no worse than smoking, asbestos, etc.

Reprobate and milner575 like this.
  3. huntingground

huntingground Kenstradamus Competitor

Thanks for that. Do you have the original study stating the dosages given to the rodents?

4. BustaNutt

BustaNutt Mr Nuttivator Full Member

I toyed with the idea of trying it when I was on my last cut, but all the cancer talk just kills my hard-on. It looks so easy to get hold of though, my local supplement store sells the Muscle Rage brand. Appears to be mainly marketed towards women.

5. flash

flash Top Contributor

Haha the holy grail

You got me

6. flash

flash Top Contributor

That little yellow wood dying pill that we all stuff in our faces from time to time

Guest likes this.
  7. Greedy Ben

Greedy Ben Top Contributor

I thought the study that concluded GSK's trialling of the drug was done one mice and a certain strain pre disposed to develop tumours that live drastically shortened lifespan without any drugs added?

Either way as you say everything can cause cancer. It's in all of us it just depends on how fast and where it starts to grow.

huntingground and Richard Dick like this.
  8. GhostOf2Can

GhostOf2Can Top Contributor

Went through 2 tubs of it about 6 months ago

Genuinely noticed fuck all from it to write home about

Certainly not enough to ignore the cancer thing and stay on it forever

tomlet1 and huntingground like this.
  9. huntingground

So nobody has the details of the original GSK study then?

10. huntingground

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/m/pubmed/22459616/?i=10&from=LGD-4033

BACKGROUND: Concerns about potential adverse effects of testosterone on prostate have motivated the development of selective androgen receptor modulators that display tissue-selective activation of androgenic signaling. LGD-4033, a novel nonsteroidal, oral selective androgen receptor modulator, binds androgen receptor with high affinity and selectivity. Objectives. To evaluate the safety, tolerability, pharmacokinetics, and effects of ascending doses of LGD-4033 administered daily for 21 days on lean body mass, muscle strength, stair-climbing power, and sex hormones.

METHODS: In this placebo-controlled study, 76 healthy men (21-50 years) were randomized to placebo or 0.1, 0.3, or 1.0 mg LGD-4033 daily for 21 days. Blood counts, chemistries, lipids, prostate-specific antigen, electrocardiogram, hormones, lean and fat mass, and muscle strength were measured during and for 5 weeks after intervention.

RESULTS: LGD-4033 was well tolerated. There were no drug-related serious adverse events. Frequency of adverse events was similar between active and placebo groups. Hemoglobin, prostate-specific antigen, aspartate aminotransferase, alanine aminotransferase, or QT intervals did not change significantly at any dose. LGD-4033 had a long elimination half-life and dose-proportional accumulation upon multiple dosing. LGD-4033 administration was associated with dose-dependent suppression of total testosterone, sex hormone-binding globulin, high density lipoprotein cholesterol, and triglyceride levels. follicle-stimulating hormone and free testosterone showed significant suppression at 1.0-mg dose only. Lean body mass increased dose dependently, but fat mass did not change significantly. Hormone levels and lipids returned to baseline after treatment discontinuation.

CONCLUSIONS: LGD-4033 was safe, had favorable pharmacokinetic profile, and increased lean body mass even during this short period without change in prostate-specific antigen. Longer randomized trials should evaluate its efficacy in improving physical function and health outcomes in select populations.

11. noel

noel Moderator

so in a 3 week study of low dose there were no noticable effects....doesnt mean it doesnt cause cancer either...just means for the 3 weeks of the study it was ok. it effected lipids and hormone levels (which most orals do) then returned to normal.....

12. Guest

Guest Guest

Fort it was ment to improve lipids

so is that just bullshit

13. noel

noel Moderator

it seems that each study gets different results, nothing uniform at all........

but the above shows negative for lipids and surpresses Test....so not risk free like SARMS are marketed like either..

Guest likes this.
  14. huntingground

I'll keep posting results up. Everyone can interpret them as they want.

mal likes this.
  15. GhostOf2Can

GhostOf2Can Top Contributor

What is it you think your getting out of it results wise?