• While members here are knowledgeable, they are not doctors and are not able to diagnose or recommend treatment for medical conditions. Please consult a health care professional rather than risk your health.

Chest Tear

tommoose

I did my normal weights and went to follow by a couple of sets of dips as per. But on my second dip I heard a tear noise and my upper chest around the side went sore. It is not majorly bad just bit sore.
Weight day tomorrow and I am thinking I should be ok as it uses different part of the chest for bench pressing ?
Not much of a question really just have to use a bit common sense I guess :)

Sounds like a sternacoid process adjustment. You wouldn't hear a tear.
Dunno like, one time I was squatting I heard a big tear. Had to bin my shorts after that.

Have had the above though, was almost a clicking popping type noise as my chest was un a stretched position - could be a good shout.

I'd warm up lightly OP and if it's not feeling right just sack it off and let your chest recover

thanks for the info. Sore this morning but no bruising. Had a good warm up just went a bit easy and skipped the dips. Just soreness which weren't too bad. Felt better than skipping it any way I like my regular buzz

Get it checked out and back off for now FFS!...Don't assume anything re injury in the iron game...Injuries are a life time bastard to deal with. The quicker you recover and train smart the better off you're gym life will be.

Back