Clean Eating is a Scam

Discussion in 'Diet & Nutrition' started by BestSupps.co.uk, Apr 23, 2012.

1. BestSupps.co.uk

BestSupps.co.uk Full Member

Just come across this article about Clean Eating by blogger, JC Deen. Read quite a few of his articles, got to say I agree with a lot of what he has to say.

So, is Clean Eating a scam??

2. danny187

danny187 Top Contributor

Well I struggle to stick to meal plan the same for 1 day, whether thats cos I get to work try my food at lunch and it tastes dog **** so quick stroll to MCD and get 3 dbl cheese burger and chicken mayo :)

Also manhy food I do not like when cold or prepared, when at home I cook lovely meals like today steak, rocket salad, evo no carbs then crunchy nuts with full fat milk LOL

Can I eat 100% YES I CAN as did it for 6 months when first started, can I do it now if I put my mind to I can do anything, do I want to, do I **** :)

So IMO clean eating suits some, then sometimes junk suits others at time

exalta likes this.
  3. Guest

Guest Guest

yer but theres junk and junk...
    surely a kfc and dominos has got high salt content compared to the ingriednts if u made it urself?

4. danny187

danny187 Top Contributor

well I eat good lamb, steaks, organic chicken, eggs, mince etc

But I also in last few weeks mcd, kfc, pizza hut, ice cream, sweets, crisps, cheese on toast, and more

But still get inthe good food to :)

5. Guest

Guest Guest

wasnt directed at u mate
    just saying

6. danny187

danny187 Top Contributor

I know mate LOL, chill :)

Just saying also...

plus many who state there 100% really aint from my experience anyways

:)

7. Guest

Guest Guest

yer i agree mate atm im doing very similar to u, getting clean in but if i fancy something else al have it on top
    end of the day we both wanna gete bigger so will all help.. am not too botherd on bf levels aslong as they stay okish

8. Guvnor

Guvnor Top Contributor

Well I think a lot people will argue here IIFYM, but the thing is one is eating KFC and there you have someone else who is eating roast chicken with sprouts/broccoli, even if it comes down to IIFYM, the guy who ate cleaner would look better. But I think there is difference between good clean food and junk food, otherwise we wouldn't have prep, we would just have bodybuilders getting ripped by eating Burger King :D

To summarise it I'll go with the well the heard phrase/slogan that has become increasingly popular, 'you are what you eat'.

Rahul likes this.
  9. Alex

Alex Account Suspended

Clean eating for me is very real. But my definition of it is avoiding processed foods, like takeaways, pizzas, ready meals due to the high sodium content.
    If you look at some of the levels they contain its very alarming in some cases. Most importantly lots of sodium raises blood pressure, and i seem to suffer bad from that when eating lots of high sodium foods.

Rahul and TAFKA like this.
  10. danny187

danny187 Top Contributor

I am a burger and a box of cereal LOL

I do agree long term that when eating healthy you will feel better, grow better, look better....

However as some mentioned yesturday is chciken, rice, brocolli x 5 daily healthy??

just cos BB follow that and some eat plain bland foods it lack variety in most cases

But people do not care as they do what they need to get where tehy wanna be etc

11. round 2

round 2 Top Contributor

Cleaned up my carbs lately and started growing again??

12. Con

Con Moderator

You are what you eat end of story.

Viktor and SystemF like this.
  13. danny187

danny187 Top Contributor

Are you an organic grass fed cow then Con LOL

exalta likes this.
  14. Nail

Nail Top Contributor

I liked the article. I don't think he is advocating eating unhealthily, more highlighting the obsessive nature some people have when it comes to clean eating and how maybe that can lead to problems. That's what I got from it anyway. I certainly wouldn't be a 100% clean eater anyway and never will be so maybe my opinion is invalid lol

Rahul and BestSupps.co.uk like this.
  15. Viktor

Viktor Top Contributor

Very true, it may not always be visible though so people forget......

MUTANT and danny187 like this.