Client Diets

Discussion in 'Diet & Nutrition' started by B|GJOE, Feb 5, 2016.

1. B|GJOE

B|GJOE Diet Expert Expert

Do tell about the Jokes. Been an online pal with Con for many years. Any opportunity to rib him is welcome

With regards online stuff it's something I need to get on to, got a website I could add facility to. My step son owns a web company so any features I want to add I can get done

2. AMW83

AMW83 Top Contributor

Creating food / diet plans for a client puts you in charge. I'm sure your clients pay you in advance for say a period of 3 months? Well the cash is in your bank.

Create a 3 strike rule.! That's the food plan, break it and it's one strike. 3 strikes and you terminate the deal with no refund. Move onto the next client and IMO it's your clients loss.

Personally don't see the point in paying for someone's services only to go against it or not commit to it.
    Inb4 Hilly roasts my ass.!
    By my own admission I once chose not eat a Fk off cheat meal instead had a mixed grill perhaps with lesser cals.

Greedy Ben, RS and B|GJOE like this.
  3. chrissy_boy

chrissy_boy Top Contributor

It's easy...

200 calories +/- tdee. This will make you gain infinite wisdom, be a sage... or a fucking lying shit troll

Fatbrah likes this.
  4. smurphy

smurphy Top Contributor

Just be honest with your clients Joe, if they want certain foods then just tell them it's not in the plan

5. doink

doink PhD in Bro Science

image.jpeg

6. Smitch

Smitch Top Contributor

Is it not possible to work some stuff in for them, maybe ask upfront what one food they couldn't live without and try and build it in to the plan somehow?

I think if you are upfront and honest with people from the off and tell them that to get the results they want they will have to eat what you tell them to then maybe it will help, but you could end up turning away business though if you're not flexible enough.

Reacher likes this.
  7. Dig

Dig Mod & Powerlifting Expert Moderator

I'd tell any problem clients that you've now started charging extra for diet advice (when their contract is up).

Worst case scenario is that they'll drop the PT altogether so depends whether you can take that hit. If you havent established enough of a client base and need the money to pay the bills then i'd look at ways of limiting contact (eg a slot to discuss diet changes/any issues once per week) or just put up with it, just give them a straight answer and don't get too wound up about it.

Tbh such things stop me wanting to become a full time PT, ie the people who like the idea of changing but in reality cant really be arsed- couldnt deal with it.

JANIKvonD and B|GJOE like this.
  8. Tommy6

Tommy6 Top Contributor

Have you ever thought about educating them on managing and counting macros and creating a macronutrient number they can hit through any of their choices once you've taught them how?

I'm not a big fan for competitors but for the likes of your clients this can work well, get their log in details to mfp Aswell so you can monitor it.

9. B|GJOE

I have a 20 minute discussion about convenience, likes, dislikes, medications, activity etc etc. I incorporate rewards if I think it will keep them on track

I think it's worth noting that my biggest issue is my middle aged female clients, which unfortunately accounts for a big chunk

Reacher and Smitch like this.
  10. RS

RS THE ALMIGHTY Moderator

Training Log:
    Click Here
    @B|GJOE - good to see you back mate!

B|GJOE likes this.
  11. DC1

DC1 Myprotein Rep

How much do you charge your "paying clients" for a diet plan?

12. Smitch

Smitch Top Contributor

They'll probably be drinking a bottle of wine a night and not telling you as well. :lol:

Reacher and B|GJOE like this.
  13. B|GJOE

For those who pay up front for 12 sessions or more I do it free as part of package. Or one off plans for a fee

The one off payers usually follow

I also do bi weekly body stats for long termers. I do this to keep motivation or kick ass if not achieving

The frustration is, that the clients who do as requested always progress, those who don't, don't.

They must be just paying for my charm, company and good looks

DC1 likes this.
  14. B|GJOE

I do this all the time, I'm well known for being the go to guy for nutrition. I've even tried going giving them a macro target and advising the use of myfitnesspal to hit it. I guess it's my issue that explains why so many women jump from diet to diet, pill to pill, fad to fad, because essentially they're to lazy to do the required work in the kitchen

15. Jared

Jared Full Member

I think one thing you might be missing is that they aren't really that bothered about improving. I see the pts in my gym training these people. They are more in it for a chat about family, their upcoming holiday and so on. Half of them only hire a PT to make them feel better psychologically. It's an extreme version of signing up to a gym but never going. You keep that membership going so you can tell people you're a member etc.

I don't think you'll ever get the breakthrough you seek. Concentrate your energy on the ones that are serious, go through the motions with the others, enjoy their money. They are only ever going to be temporary anyway!

Reacher, Smitch and B|GJOE like this.