Clomid Or Nolva?

Discussion in 'General Bodybuilding' started by Johnny E, Jan 14, 2022.

1. Johnny E

Johnny E Full Member

Whats the best for a PCT, clomid or nolva?

2. Sjundea

Sjundea Moderator

Both do diff things. Depends what your bloods say you need.

3. pooley1810

pooley1810 Moderator

Depends on your cycle
    Compounds
    Doses
    Duration
    And also how you tolerate each drug
    Some people avoid clomid because of its side effects

4. Johnny E

Johnny E Full Member

Ye I've heard clomid is really good but has bad side effects. I've just started my first cycle of test e 300mg and I'm planning on a 12 week cycle of 1ml every 5 days.

5. Mersey Muscle

Mersey Muscle Full Member

Both at the same time. Side effects can be a little bit unpleasant for a few weeks but if the aim is to kickstart HPTA function again I always found the combination far more effective than using each drug singularly.

6. Richard Dick

Richard Dick Top Contributor

They both work by the same mechanism. Nolva has less sides; anecdotally people say clomid works better at stimulating their hpta, although I've not seen any studies that confirm that.

I would just use nolva and run it for a good 45 days instead of the 4 weeks that's usually recommended. Hcg is far more important than serms for hpta recovery imo.

Rob O’tren likes this.
  7. GhostOf2Can

GhostOf2Can Top Contributor

For HPTA recovery I prefer clomid. It’s always worked much better for me

8. Mersey Muscle

45 days? That's very specific mate. What's the reason for that time frame? PCT drugs are awful and it's a miserable time for anyone. The OP is only doing a 12 week low dose cycle. Some hcg (pre pct) and 2-4 weeks with clomid/nolva would be more than enough to kickstart the recovery process.

Johnny E likes this.
  9. Richard Dick

45 days is exactly one and a half packs. You end up using the same amount of drug as the old 40/40/20/20 recommendation but over a longer time frame. Works better with less sides. I agree that OP barely needs a pct, but 2 weeks is basically pointless imo.

10. Mersey Muscle

We always hit PCT hard and fast for 2-4 weeks on early short cycles.

Week 1. 150 clomid/60 nolva.
    Week 2. 100 clomid/40 nolva
    Balls usually started to ache/throb by week 3 signalling kickstart had been achieved but if we needed to carry on we would go 50/20 for another 2 weeks maximum then stop.

Both awful drugs though. Especially clomid. Causes mental episodes and weird eyesight problems etc. Not a drug you want to use for long periods. Really messes with moods.

11. Richard Dick

The reason you associate serms with sides is because of those (in my opinion totally excessive) dosages. 20mg a day of nolva for 45 days causes zero issues for most people.

If you think doing nolva AND clomid, at 3 times the amount I'm talking about is going to cause less sides just because you do it for a few weeks less is misguided imo

OP can make up his own mind though.

Rob O’tren, Johnny E and pooley1810 like this.
  12. Mersey Muscle

This is what most guys were doing about 15 years ago mate and I haven't suggested the OP should do the same but I can vouch for it as an effective way to quickly kickstart HPTA after a short low dose cycle. Obviously opinions change and the world moves on with new ideas in more modern scientific times. I don't even use clomid/nolva for PCT these days. I use an AI but that's a discussion for another day.

13. Rob O’tren

Rob O’tren Full Member

Try Clomifine and it you get sides switch to enclomifine it could have a lot less sides for you. I can’t use Nolva or Clomid they both have me contemplating life! Raloxifine is an alternative if you don’t get on with any of these but it’s not as effective for recovery.

I use HMG and Raloxifine as I’ve recovered well on these after two years on.

Richard Dick likes this.
  14. pooley1810

pooley1810 Moderator

The period between end of cycle and starting pct
    Using enanthate I would wait at least 4 weeks before starting your pct, you could use hcg during this period
    But the whole wait 2 weeks after you last pin before pct is just Internet BS imo
    Obviously cycle dose and compound dependent but enanthate will take more than 2 weeks to fully taper down
    Starting a pct to early with exogenous hormones still in play will make it ineffective

Rob O’tren and Richard Dick like this.
  15. Mersey Muscle

This chat about PCT meds has just reminded me of a proper funny chat with a guy on a forum a long time ago. It might not seem funny now but it was a proper rib tickler for the whole forum when it happened and every member on the site gave the guy massive props for the post haha

There was a really serious debate going on about hcg/nolva/clomid that raged on for about 600 pages until the OP eventually ended the serious chat by saying `I like my tiny balls and I'm keeping them. They make my tiny todger look bigger`.

I need to find the thread so you can understand what I'm talking about and put it into context. It's a classic gem !
    BRB.