Comp Log...2021

Discussion in 'Competing' started by mal, Aug 31, 2017.

1. flash

flash Top Contributor

I only go 4 to 5 work sets for back but I do an upper lower so hit it more times over the course of 14 days

Mr mac and mal like this.
  2. mal

mal Top Contributor

Good weeks training n diet, gaining well now and strength up nice, benched 140 for reps this week , havnt done that in a good while...ive cut right back on the gear just some test and var atm and feel better already..still doing around 5 to 6 iu post workout with a ton of supps..food is just basic beef chicken and eggs with salad n cheese and the odd bagel or banana pre workout.Still training heavy and low vol.

3. mal

mal Top Contributor

Bulk going well atm been working alot lately so get back on track again..been eating alot of fatty meat and will go back to chicken before i get to fat...strength is up good, still low volume just try increase reps on lifts now..going to increase frequency of jabs everything still the same gear wise..il try and keep this going for 4 weeks if i can...bench strength still going up done 2x5 with 140kg felt great..will try and get 7 reps next sesh if i can get a spotter!
    20191103_140620.jpg

Last edited: Nov 4, 2019
    Greedy Ben, round 2 and huntingground like this.
  4. FATBOY

FATBOY Age is just a number Competitor

That a nice off seasom look mate proper wide

mal likes this.
  5. mal

mal Top Contributor

Cheers mate proper going for it now, got the time to do it with no distractions lol

round 2 likes this.
  6. mal

mal Top Contributor

Still filling out training heavy...for me lol..and low vol, up to 3 working sets now is cool and better recovery, think my lats can do with a boost now and get some more thickness n width in that area..
    20191107_090132.jpg

7. Guest

Guest Guest

Whats a example workout mate

mal likes this.
  8. mal

mal Top Contributor

Well for back tues i strted just warming up muscles in upper back on two machines..then onto chest supported row..2 3 4 ,5plates 2x6-7 rep...hammer iso pulldown 3 plates 1st set then 3 sets 4 plates 6 reps or failure..did some dbell pullovers for a change from straight arm pulldowns then finished with barbell shrugs..pretty fvcked after that lot...

Guest likes this.
  9. round 2

round 2 Top Contributor

There's me knocking 4 working sets for back!

Some lats there mate

Guest likes this.
  10. mal

mal Top Contributor

Lol...strength is going up now though and volume will increase slowley 9 will be enough anymore than that your pissing in the wind imo, going through the motions and risking tendon and joint injury at my age like...

pooley1810, round 2 and Guest like this.
  11. FATBOY

FATBOY Age is just a number Competitor

love pullovers for back , there like a forgotten exercise nowdays but sooo good either DB or machine

mal and noel like this.
  12. mal

mal Top Contributor

Nice finisher too, good stretch 25kilo dbell was enough to do the job,

13. mal

mal Top Contributor

Got these this morn giving them ago..11 quid on ebay 180 tabs..has a lot of benefits ..but mainly as a digestive enzym for protein..good value if they work.
    20191109_091328.jpg

Greedy Ben and huntingground like this.
  14. mal

mal Top Contributor

Dont take back shots often but im happy with this tbh..il stay basic heavy and low vol.
    IMG_20191110_102332_061.jpg

Greedy Ben, rick89, JB and 5 others like this.
  15. Guest

Guest Guest

Arms look massive

mal likes this.