Comp Log...time To Add Size

Discussion in 'Competing' started by mal, Aug 31, 2017.

1. KitKat

KitKat Full Member

Training Log:
    Click Here
    I know too much intense cardio can be a negative in some cases, such as reduction in testosterone, but I would think that cardio and stretching contributes to a healthy 'look'?

2. mal

mal Top Contributor

Training Log:
    Click Here
    8 weeks to go..booked sun rays for tan they sort you out backstage so less to stress about..im zero carbs now 3 days and carb up on 4th 120..150 gram then repeat..doing it for next two week to speed things along..fat still coming off but sloooooow! But i wont panic and just trust the process..im still flat and a little more vascular but strengtb still good..ive stsrted now my gear to run on to show yesterday..tbol and var one rip blend and some extra t prop for now.
    20180309_083035.jpeg
    20180309_104937.jpeg

3. mal

mal Top Contributor

Training Log:
    Click Here
    IMG_20180303_084845_767.jpeg
    Veins really coming through now with the var..

4. mal

mal Top Contributor

Training Log:
    Click Here
    So almost 2 hours cardio last night and just done and hour in the snow ..that was fun lol
    Im severely depleted at the moment and really feeling it now.
    My goal now is to get midsection in really tight and bring that v taper in..il hit it hard this week diet and cardio wise.Measurements are way down now but im holding onto tissue and thats my only concern now for this week ahead..
    Beef will be msin source of protein and plenty of whey on top.
    IMG_20180318_085620_470.jpg

JANIKvonD, Fatbrah, Hilly and 2 others like this.
  5. mal

mal Top Contributor

Training Log:
    Click Here
    7 weeks out..need to make big improvements next two weeks..plenty good advice from tm gurus so im confident level 10.

IMG_20180325_120314_864.jpg IMG_20180323_101440_549.jpeg

Last edited: Mar 28, 2018
    JANIKvonD, zack, KitKat and 4 others like this.
  6. mal

mal Top Contributor

Training Log:
    Click Here
    5 weeks to go..been resting for a few days and taking a break from cardio...been eating plenty last few days and still feel flat...il carry on carb cycling i dont feel worried now..if my condition improves some more then great..my low day will be 100 minimum and high 300 with the odd no carb here n there..
    20180331_113401.jpeg

7. Yogi_412

Yogi_412 Full Member

Training Log:
    Click Here
    Conditioning at 5 weeks out is pretty damn tight ! Hella vascular. Still have a good bit of time too. Regardless looks like your going to bring a solid package to the stage !

KitKat, Greedy Ben and mal like this.
  8. mal

mal Top Contributor

Training Log:
    Click Here
    Hope so mate sort of getting advice from here and there..im at that junction now where i could easily start going off track lol..just have to trust whst your doing..get good honest feedback etc
    And ride it out...cheers

Yogi_412 likes this.
  9. Yogi_412

Yogi_412 Full Member

Training Log:
    Click Here
    Right. I’d rather have some brutal honesty than be sugar coated when it comes to this. Seems like this forum has a lot of good knowledge within it though. Lot of good people as well. I know it’s a lot of trial and error that’s for sure. But being as educated as you can be is always in our favor.

mal likes this.
  10. mal

mal Top Contributor

Training Log:
    Click Here
    4 weeks to go...im pretty much there bf wise..so diet and cardio is just maintaining atm..il still put a hard week in next week maybe..as ive increased carbs alot this week...im 14.10-12 most days so lost no weight really.prob about 8 lbs total..it might go 14.7 if i deplete hard and water load who knows..but eveyones saying dont change nothing? So i dont know really.But ide like to dry out to the max if poss..got var 50s coming so was thinking 100mg per day up to show..and start dropping injects in a couple of weeks..add in prov etc.
    IMG_20180404_090903_726.jpg

actin, smurphy, JANIKvonD and 5 others like this.
  11. Hilly

Hilly Nutritionist and Sports Therapist Moderator

Impossible to tell. Can only see arms n chest.

Could be soft through the midsection

Legs could be holding bad.

Any chance of a full body front pic ??

What class you doing again ?

If whole body looks like what we can see your on point tho bud

Fatbrah, KitKat, doink and 1 other person like this.
  12. mal

mal Top Contributor

Training Log:
    Click Here
    Hi mate..i find it difficult taking pics mate..sharp ones etc my hands shake lol..so full body and tencing everything is impossible lol..i took this ab shot tbis morn as im filling out a bit now and looking a bit harder.The legs were a few days back so softr looking and not so cut. I do have a bit on back ..glutes but that should take care pf itsself over the next 4 weeks i hope..i still have a few tricks left in the locker as ive been pretty basic all the way through so far.Also mate i dont want to make myself ill to get 4 or 5 percent as i eant to enjoy these shows coming up..so its a ballance i suppose...im 52 and doing tthe over 50s and hoping to go to brits as well...so lots of stress lol
    20180405_060613.jpeg 20180404_084532.jpeg

JANIKvonD, Greedy Ben and KitKat like this.
  13. Robbie

Robbie Top Contributor

Record a video then you don’t have to hold the phone, then you can take screenshots of the video. Means you can practice and watch back all the mandatories as well

mal likes this.
  14. mal

mal Top Contributor

Training Log:
    Click Here
    Didnt think of that...good idea..how do you do screen shots anyway just tap the screen or something and save?

15. Robbie

Robbie Top Contributor

Depends what kind of phone you have, you can’t get apps to do it that allow you to forward and reverse frame by frame

mal likes this.