Competitors mindset

Yes this year I competed in 3 shows and won naturally (no supplements for 3.5 years).
No supplements - gear? Or do you mean Whey, BCAA's, Creatine etc in those 3.5 years? Just because that is what i'd class as a supplement.

No supplements - gear? Or do you mean Whey, BCAA's, Creatine etc in those 3.5 years? Just because that is what i'd class as a supplement.
I refer to any drugs that make you grow muscle so "gear".
Whey, creatine and so on are all used on a periodic basis.

Some interesting replies.
@Con have you also competed naturally?
@hsmann87 Natural and what level?
@Hilly - Surprising answer, i'd have assumed you would have been in relativly decent shape (in comparison to the average gym goer)
@Phmg - The cash was surely a motivation for you, what class/division do you cmopete in?
I was always a fat kid mate. Have shite genetics n a underactive thyroid

Some interesting replies.
@Con have you also competed naturally?
@hsmann87 Natural and what level?
@Hilly - Surprising answer, i'd have assumed you would have been in relativly decent shape (in comparison to the average gym goer)
@Phmg - The cash was surely a motivation for you, what class/division do you cmopete in?
Yeah natural. Regional level

What led to you making the decision to compete?
It was something I had wanted to do since I got into bodybuilding and started watching all the dvd's/doc's/MR O's. Plus ive used it as a good excuse to get in shape.

Did you enter it alone or with a mate?
Alone

Did you place?
Done shit both times

What was the hardest part i,e last few weeks/days of the diet or perhaps home life?
Having a relationship was hard.
Final week is shit
Social life : Gym balance goes out the window
Head games post show when you start putting on bodyfat/water

Where did you find the motivation i,e family, training partner, eye on the prize?
The desire to be the best possible version of myself and to push above and beyond my limits. You never really know how hard you can push sometimes until you do something as crazy and stupid as a competition. Also whenever I broke down i'd call mum and she'd give me a small pep talk bless her and give me a kick up the ass!

So you've taken the plunge and entered your first competition.

Did you place?
What was the hardest part i,e last few weeks/days of the diet or perhaps home life?
Where did you find the motivation i,e family, training partner, eye on the prize?

Always wanted to comepete but felt I wasn't near good enough. Still feel like that tbf

Placed 2nd out of 13 in UKBFF u90kg

Hardest part was the last few weeks especially having to work still and having two young kids made it difficult to rest when tired ect.

Did you place?

I'd always wanted to and an old gym owner said I'd never be able to do it

I did it alone

Nah, just got a thanks for coming medal

It was all hard, both preps weren't very nice. Plus I turned into a very selfifh person on both of them and it ruined 2 good relationships.
Last part of leeds prep was rancid, not much food, loads and loads of cardio..... not my best look in the end

Myself, my cousin/training partner and the forums

Did you place?

Many years in the stands, decided to take the plunge after seeing the first timers the year before (2003).
Entered alone. Did this for me.
Placed 1st out of 9.
Mental strength to diet harder in last few weeks.
Training partner, GB Fitness, Olympia DVD's and Emporium gym and it's owner Warren Dyson. Warren also gave me a brutally honest opinion. No BS. Love the guy.

Many years in the stands, decided to take the plunge after seeing the first timers the year before (2003).
Entered alone. Did this for me.
Placed 1st out of 9.
Mental strength to diet harder in last few weeks.
Training partner, GB Fitness, Olympia DVD's and Emporium gym and it's owner Warren Dyson. Warren also gave me a brutally honest opinion. No BS. Love the guy.
Emporium in Birmingham?? think its where we had a comp this year...

Back