Con 2017 Transformation Comp

Discussion in 'Training Logs' started by Con, Jan 3, 2017.

1. Steedee

Steedee Competitor

Training Log:
    Click Here
    Do you not use any sort of fast carbs pwo mate?

How long is usual training session for you and how much fluids do you go through in said session. Im asking as I train for around 1 hr 15 and I consume around 2 litres of fluid consisting of 50 carbs and 30 protein. Any more liquid and I feel this makes me feel a bit queezy in the stomach.

2. Con

Con Moderator

Well I consider white rice a pretty fast carb source!
    Especially as I have 100g CHO via vitargo/hcbd/coconut water during.

2 liters per work out is just about where I am at.
    I make sure I am well hydrated going in.
    Meaning I normally train at 10am and wake around 6am.
    By 10am I will have had about 2 liters of water.
    I taper down water as the day goes and by the evening I just drink when I feel thirsty.
    In the morning I am really focused on full hydration.
    Plenty of sea salt is key otherwise a lot of water will just dehydrate you in the end.

@Dig that makes a lot of sense!
    I appreciate that input!

Dig, Hilly and Steedee like this.
  3. Steedee

Steedee Competitor

Training Log:
    Click Here
    I was more so meaning a cereal or the likes. I know a lot of guys like to add this in to really increase the carbs PWO along side a healthy portion of intra carbs like you use.

I know Scott Stevenson favours this approach as does JP.

But obviously you know your body well so im assuming your doing what works best for you. :)

Con likes this.
  4. Hilly

Hilly Nutritionist and Sports Therapist Moderator

I find after drinking a lot of sugars intra then using more sugars pwo leads to more fat gains than having a solid meal pwo.

noel, Con and Steedee like this.
  5. Steedee

Steedee Competitor

Training Log:
    Click Here
    What do you like to use as your carb source for intra mate?

6. Hilly

Hilly Nutritionist and Sports Therapist Moderator

HBCD bud. Anything else upsets my stomach

Steedee likes this.
  7. Con

Con Moderator

Never mind fat gain I just feel like shit if I do 100c with vitargo then 100c or more from cereal!

People just like to eat cereal so they see it as a treat.
    Cereal is pretty "meh" for me, don't get me wrong every now and again I will eat a few bowls but that's about it.

I really like the FT approach and it's helped with a few of the finer points of higher frequency training for me.
    But I don't follow it to the letter at all.

I feel like people do take an all or nothing approach "FT is the best" "high volume is the best" "nutrient timing only" "spread carbs all day"....This is not the best idea once have become fairly advanced with your body.
    You need to take information, if it sounds interesting try it, take bits and pieces from every where and build your INDIVIDUAL plan from there.
    For me it's up the carbs on training days then pull carbs down on rest days....but I don't do it because of pure nutrient timing I also do it because the low carb days pulls down water retention which is always my issue!
    If I just went balls out with carbs and sodium I would be 110kg within a month and struggling to breath....done it many times in the past!

I mention FT a lot because I think it's a great ebook and I have always thought you should give credit to the person/place you got the info from. It's the same if you write a research paper in uni you always need to cite where you get information from (I found writing those papers nightmarish hard so now I always follow that rule!).

Mr mac, noel, BTS93 and 4 others like this.
  8. Tommy6

Tommy6 Top Contributor

On day 3/4 is it upper/lower or full body/full body?

Con likes this.
  9. noel

noel Top Contributor

im the same re cereals - people have got a bit over excited I think - as lets face it most are just candy in a box

ok if using slin pre and post in a fair amount....but if you have those intra sugars then no need to eat tons more...a bit sure....

I do have it sometimes....maybe if I need to run out after training or on legs (sundays) but prefer real food.... a bagel is fastish as is rice but doesn't have all the extra crap that's in most cereals

also if you get cereal cheap then ok as compared to a serving of Karbolyn or Glycofuse etc its prob cheaper (for me its actually the same iff not slightly more to have cereal

contest prep sure it gets a bit more of a look in as a nice way of throwing in something sweet and tasty PWO...... and then BF is super low anyway....

Con and Fatbrah like this.
  10. pooley1810

pooley1810 Top Contributor

I swing the other way
    I love my cereal and would rather eat my calories so rarely have an intra drink, if I do it's whey/creatine. I'll then adjust my pwo carbs to suit my goals. I love my bagels too so it's cereal and bagels when bulking
    Now in prep it's 5 solid meals from 'proper' food with an intra drink of 25p/30c and creatine, pwo is chicken and rice

11. noel

noel Top Contributor

always thought you batted for the other side, its all cool, glad you came out and said so mate... all good (I know the whole mrs line and holiday pics was just a smokescreen)

wait till you get close to show dates and the smell of a bakers makes you foam at the mouth or the idea of just one little sweet thing (like say a single sugar free sweet) makes your day!!! hahaha I look forward to seeing that part in the ol' journal

but fair enough we are all different....

Con and pooley1810 like this.
  12. pooley1810

pooley1810 Top Contributor

Ha ha, there are actually very few pics of me and her together from when we were away. People actually questioned if we were still together. Actually got some hilarious stories from some 'unconventional parties'
    The gym where i go to for posing is above a bakery! It's killing me already

13. Con

Con Moderator

My thing is if you like cereal and find it awesome then for sure take that over an intra drink.
    I hear a lot of people say "well I don't want to drink my calories" well I am the opposite a good intra drink really decreases my hunger!

Yes the day 3/4 are usually whole body or an upper/lower split.
    Honestly as long as I train hard and get the work in I progress.
    I am all about "dat log book" but my brain is a log book meaning I know what I have done and what will be a PB.
    I still write things down later in the day as I remember what I did but I don't get caught up in writing shit down mid workout.
    This I find counter productive for MY mind state.....when I am training I really go inside my self and unlock a different mind state.
    As my DECON partner said to me yesterday "you spend a good deal of time pre workout prepping your mind for your training it's obvious because for the first 45 minutes you don't even seem to capable to interact with other people" lol.
    But it's true, I sit at home for 20 minutes, clear my mind and think what I need to do that day. Then I go in put my music station on (i play heavy metal as that's what people like but I am talking metallica. When I train it's either HEAVY metal like machine head or it's hard house music) and then without talking the training partner and I go after it. After about 45 minutes we have done most of the work and may start chatting a little between sets.
    Having the right mind state is much more important than doing every little thing right with your log and maybe actually losing focus due to it "oh I am down 1 rep compared to last time, I must be weaker today" then the rest of the workout sucks......SCREW that don't give the set a 2nd thought after it has been completed until after the workout ends!

14. Con

Con Moderator

Dem feelz when Jay Cutler calls your legs "stilts" :violin:
    Instagram Link

15. Con

Con Moderator

Spent the day at Donnie Thompson's gym THE COMPOUND learning about low back rehab.
    No idea if this interests any one but I filmed 55 minutes of it.
    David Hoff is in it (one of the only men to total over 3000lb)....honestly I was surprised at how fat and unmuscular he was......DONT GET ME WRONG his power is off the chart from a different world!
    I just thought he would be more solid looking at 275lb is all....
    https://www.facebook.com/cornelius....heater&notif_t=like&notif_id=1484410377199902

Steedee, Galaxy and BTS93 like this.