Critique My Diet.. Where To Add Carbs

Discussion in 'Diet & Nutrition' started by Ib6 ub9, May 19, 2020.

1. Richard Dick

Richard Dick Full Member

What do you consider to be good sources of fat? Do you try to balance sat/mono/poly omega 3 vs 6 or anything like that, or just focus on specific sources?

2. Ib6 ub9

Ib6 ub9

Thanks for all the replies. @pooley1810 you are exactly right. I will gain 10 lbs of water in 1 day. My weight fluctuates like crazy and I’m a very easy fat gainer. I do limit my cheat day to one day so it’s probably 6k calories on that one day.

I’ve tracked weight and my calories consumed everyday for about a year and a half, weighing myself first thing in the morning. And last August I went from 2900 to 3300 and maintained my weight and even lost a little. I didn’t start gaining until I hit 3500. So my maintenance is probably higher than I thought. I actually worked all the way up to 4300 calories over the course of a few months and I didn’t eat a single cheat meal during that time. As soon as I went back to cutting the cravings came back. So I like the idea of hanging around 3000 consistently. I’ll try that for 4 weeks.

3. Robbie

Robbie Top Contributor

If you eat 2500 6 days a week and a 6000 cheat at the weekend to stay about the same weight, that makes your maintenance around 3000 calories.

So 2500 is what you probably want to lose weight...

4. Ib6 ub9

Ib6 ub9

True but wouldn’t a more consistent 3000 a day be better for muscle growth and overall health? Usually I hover around 178 and then up to 186 the day after a cheat and by Friday I’m back down to 178. But I’m training in a deficit throughout the week.

5. Robbie

Robbie Top Contributor

But you said you wanted to lose fat, so you need to be in a calorie deficit.

6. Ib6 ub9

Ib6 ub9

But apparently I’m not capable of consistently staying at 2500 without binging. I think the wise decision is to take the more consistent approach (3000 per day) and hopefully fix this binging problem first and foremost. And then eventually either drop calories by 100-200 or add more cardio. Remember my goal is to maintain size, and MAYBE drop some body fat. Personally I think I can achieve that at a consistent 3000 without dropping any calories, but I’ll give it a few weeks and adjust if I’m not.

7. noel

noel Moderator

get your binging under control first

see how your body reacts and develop a sustainable habit that you can eat food and not then go mental at the weekend. Id address this before overly worrying about BF..especially given your at a respectable level of BF now

Ib6 ub9 likes this.
  8. noel

noel Moderator

real nuts for starters Almonds/Macadamias

Salmon/Mackeral

Avocado/Olive oil

add fats for a reason - a common idea is just add peanut butter but as i said its a crap source as its a legume and also very inflammatory - Almond butter is miles better, has a ton of benefits too

re balancing, that can be tricky or should i say overly fussy (not that i mind but for most people)- but i think use different sources so there is some sort of plan to it.

Richard Dick likes this.