Cycling For Pennies Dante Trudel - Dc Training

Does anyone have any links or know where to get the DC training vids
Jason Vojo ?
I know Jason personally and although he doesn't compete any more he still has very dense muscle!
Just shows how heavy hard training builds tissue that doesn't just disappear when the supplements and so on are pulled.

In all honesty mate being lazy with regards to tracking and beating numbers..

Dont get me wrong i will push as heavy as possible on that day but not always will i look to the previous session for a target.

I was doing it, but if something fucks it (i.e life shit etc) i lose focus and start to just take it session as it comes if that makes sense.

I think it all depends on what else is going on day to day tbh
Some days you just will not have it in you to beat last sessions lifts...
Say the kids kept me up all night or I'd been very physically active that day and was tired

By the time I hit the gym these out side factors have had a massive influence on how I will perform in the gym
This is one of the flaws I find in DC and any log book type training
We are not machines, we have lives out side of training and some times you just ain't gonna be able to beat the log... but if you stick to it 100%... well the log says X amount of weigh for a minimum of Y amount of reps...
Too black n white and chasing numbers when not 100% Will lead to an injury.

This is where instinctive changes or adaptations to the session need to be made.

I typically use straight sets, when I hit a wall and can't beat last sessions lifts I add in the rp and this takes me past what I did last session... So it's progress none the less

I may also change the rep range completely and throw in a 20 plus rep widow maker and completely turn shit shot on its head lol

Any way
The point is even with a log book you still need to be instinctive imo
Can't just follow the log and go in for the numbers when body or even mind isn t up to it...

Sorry mate meant to reply earlier

I know Jason personally and although he doesn't compete any more he still has very dense muscle!
Just shows how heavy hard training builds tissue that doesn't just disappear when the supplements and so on are pulled.

He still training tho?

He still training tho?
Yeah, he does a lot of judging and is a lot smaller now.
My business partner used to do his diet for him and is close friends with him plus I see him at shows frequently.

Reactions: Jim
I think it all depends on what else is going on day to day tbh
Some days you just will not have it in you to beat last sessions lifts...
Say the kids kept me up all night or I'd been very physically active that day and was tired

By the time I hit the gym these out side factors have had a massive influence on how I will perform in the gym
This is one of the flaws I find in DC and any log book type training
We are not machines, we have lives out side of training and some times you just ain't gonna be able to beat the log... but if you stick to it 100%... well the log says X amount of weigh for a minimum of Y amount of reps...
Too black n white and chasing numbers when not 100% Will lead to an injury.

This is where instinctive changes or adaptations to the session need to be made.

I typically use straight sets, when I hit a wall and can't beat last sessions lifts I add in the rp and this takes me past what I did last session... So it's progress none the less

I may also change the rep range completely and throw in a 20 plus rep widow maker and completely turn shit shot on its head lol

Any way
The point is even with a log book you still need to be instinctive imo
Can't just follow the log and go in for the numbers when body or even mind isn t up to it...

Sorry mate meant to reply earlier

No worries mate!

Yeah makes sense, even if you cant beat it numbers wise, beat it in another way, life will always have other plans sometimes (got kid (s) myself so know what u mean).

Reactions: Jim
Cheers mate.

Prob first place i should of looked...lol

Are the Jason Wojo ones regarded as the more 'official' vids ?

Cheers mate.

Prob first place i should of looked...lol

Are the Jason Wojo ones regarded as the more 'official' vids ?

Yer...he did dvd also called project heavyweight (I think).

He was trained by dante trudel.

Others to look for vids re: dc would be dusty hanshaw and David Henry.

@Scott Stevenson
Is there other stuff to watch besides whats on youtube ?

I like to watch actual workouts, warm ups the lot .. not just edited snippets
Bit geeky like that lol.

The main reason people tend to do so well on DC IMO is due to the fact that a lot of people never utilise their full training potential when in the gym. The reason DC works so well is as a result of this, people are forced into pushing themselves to where they necessarily wouldn't have otherwise. It's the fact that it has a laid out structure for progression, whereas most BB programs just list sets and reps, this is also a huge point also as it forces you to improve each and every workout and develops a mentality for hard training as opposed to your standard high rep fluff routine.

No program is better than any other IMO, as long as you stimulate the muscle enough, rest, eat enough food, progress and give 100% then the majority of advanced programs will all yield similar results as far as I'm concerned. Like I said DC forces you to adapt, something which a lot of programs I've read seem to lack in and never seem to outline a general progression for people, this is the take away point and for the most part DC will have you training regularly at (or sometimes even beyond, where this program can have its pitfalls) your maximum point of stimulus recovery adaptability on a frequent basis, again, something which most programs lack in by simply listing reps and sets.

My take anyway.

Back