Neck - 16ins
Chest - 45ins
Waist - 36.5ins
Thighs - R - 23.5ins L- 23ins
Calfs - R - 15.75ins L - 15.75ins
Arms - R - 15.25ins L - 15.25ins

Blurb to follow tomorrow on goals etc

Last edited:
This transformation challenge couldn't have come at a better time - been struggling with motivation for the past month or two eating a lot, drinking too much so as well as a physical change I am looking at a bit more of a transformation.

I am 37 married with a girl 7 and a boy 4. Work full time for a construction company but office based. Been training since I was about 14 but have always been two steps forward one step back and consistency is an issue.

Had an ACL reconstruction 18 months ago so need to be aware of my knee.

I am partial to a drink or 10 and that is one of my biggest downfalls.

Physical Goals - I want to look lean and athletic and powerful - no big ask - middleweight boxer type to picture a description.
Strength Goals - The days of 1 rep max are gone but I want rep strength
Performance Goals - Would like a 5k run in under 30 mins and under 2min 500m row and maybe a few others as endurance aims.
Personal Goals - Being totally honest I have some mental health issues and I am currently prescribed anti-depressants so I need to have some goals and aims in life to stop me getting the 'black dog' as Churchill called it, want to read more, less TV and enjoy quality time with my kids - as such I am going camping on Saturday. Sleeping has been an issue so I want better quality sleep, stay away from any reccys and look into meditation etc.

Each day I will be setting myself some goals in my journal to keep me away from my demons so to speak.

Training wise

Mondays will be a full body workout pretty much doing what I fancy as long as every muscle group is hit - Things like power cleans, overheads squats, clean pulls, stuff to play about with for this day - this will get me into the week of training.

For the rest of the week I will be training using Toxic Toffees Initial Basic Hypertrophy PPL workout - I have however increased the sets from 3 to 4

Days may vary due to work and family commitments but I have a home gym in the garage and I am a David Lloyd member so no excuses!

Diet - I have started with a keto diet for the first two weeks to get some insulin sensitivity back, I will then introduce carbs back in and maybe have a few keto blast when needed.

PED use - Have used before a long time ago and not ruling anything out at present but if I do it will be TRT type doses and nothing more.

I plan on changing things around a bit after 4 weeks to stop me getting stale.

Sorry for the long post

And i would imagine being a david loyd member to be ultimate escuse! lol, whenever someone asks why your outta shape..... i go to david loyds........oh right that makes sense then :)

And i would imagine being a david loyd member to be ultimate escuse! lol, whenever someone asks why your outta shape..... i go to david loyds........oh right that makes sense then :)

Funnily enough I tend to agree but only half decent gym around without the meatheads - I avoid after work and normally train at weekends when its quiet.

Busy day today, Mrs is ill in bed and its my mums birthday but need to do some training so might be a late one in the garage.

Few things for today

1. Train
2. Increase protein - pwo shake will take care of this
3. Increase water - don't drink enough

Got in the gym last night at 8.30pm after mums birthday thingy and getting the kids too bed.

Push

Incline BB Press - 4 x 8 - 50kg
Flat DB Press - 4 x 8 - 17.5kg - a bit light but trying to get form back as I haven't done these for a while.
Military Press - 4 x 8 - 40kg/32.5kg - First set with 40kg but had no chance of completing all four so dropped set.
Dips 4 x 8 - BW - Failed at 3 reps on last set

Quick workout - in and out in about 30mins-ish. Cardio to start next week, just want to ramp things up to the end of the 12 weeks as I have a habit of coming out the blocks all guns blazing and end up binning it off with no more cards to throw.

Diet has been spot on - swerved all carbs and cakes at the parents last night.

Typical Day is

10am - 4 scrambled eggs with garlic & chilli salt - 10ml cod liver oil off the spoon
1pm - 4 chicken thighs or half a chicken, mixed salad, a bit of mayo, tablespoon chia seeds, can of diet whatever
4pm - Tin of Mackeral
PWO Shake if training
8pm - Tea varies - meat, veg or salad

Drink two caffeine coffee in the morning and then switch to decaff - sometimes have a green tea etc - not a big water drinker but I get plenty of fluids from other drinks.

Not big on supps really just a pain in the arse really

If very hungry may snack on some nuts, meat or cheese but hardly ever do it - have one of those e-cigs and they do curb your appetite.

Bought some Tesco Sleep aid tablets and they seem ok - helped a little pop two and have a camomile tea - nothing like proper meds but that's another story! Had 2 with a ZMA and had a crap night sleep last night so will stop the ZMA.

Pretty happy with things up to now - back in tonight for a Pull session.

Gym last Night - Pull

Rack Deadlifts - 4 x 8 - 80kg - straps on last set - from mid knee height
BO Row - 4 x 8 - 40kg - Used EZ bar
Chins - 4 x 4/1/2/1 - Crap
Barbell Curls - 4 x 8 - 17.5kg

Power-rack holes are quite far apart so lowest setting for rack pulls are mid knee height so might be a bit high - might get something knocked up in work to adjust height.

Tried to really concentrate on form as I struggle to feel my back.

Diet spot but missed PWO shake as in a hurry with kids - should have made it and put in the fridge before hand will do this from know on as they are more palatable the colder they are.

Going camping on Saturday so will get up early tomorrow morning and go to DL to train legs - one advantage of being on the straight and narrow tonight.

This transformation challenge couldn't have come at a better time - been struggling with motivation for the past month or two eating a lot,........

I could have written this and am in for the true transformation of weight loss - Well done starting and keeping going. Am in for motivation and support.

Didn't do anything on Friday and also resisted the temptation to have a drink so was pleased with myself.

Trained Saturday morning home gym

Squats - 4 x 8 - 70kg
RDL - 4 x 8 - 37.5kg - really stuck my arse out to get my hamstrings
OL Calf Raises - 4 x 15kg

Didn't get my arse out of bed to go to DL as my lad fell out of bed and I ended up in his bed for about 3 hours :thumbdown: Trained fasted - just a coffee - was alright didn't struggle but workout was too hard.

Packed the car in the morning and headed up to Delamere with the wife and kids. Brand new tent etc, instructions were crap so took nearly 2 hours to put up - before anyone ever gets married stick them in a field with a tent and if they survive it they are made to be together - there was numerous points where the missus was going in a figure four leg lock. Tent was up finally and we went out to a pup for our tea - I fell off the carb wagon and had a small bit of potatoe. Also fell of the booze wagon and had a pint and 2 glasses of wine in the tent but after the walk in Delamere and the putting the tent I earnt it twice over. Splet alright but was a bit chilly in the morning but the kids loved it and we will definitely be making it a regular thing when the weather suits.

Back on no carb on Sunday but no training - Sunday will always be a day of rest I think other than taking the kids swimming or whatever.

Had a weigh in on Saturday and it said I had lost 8ibs which cant be right but the waist is down 1.5inches so must have been carrying a load of water - still lots of work to do.

Last Night - Garage Gym

Power Clean & Push Press - 5 x 3 - 42.5kg
Deficit Clean Pull - 5 x 3 - 70kg
OH Squat - 5 x 5 - 20kg
Back Squat - 1 x 20 - 57.5kg

Superset - Push-ups & Inverted Row - 3 x Max - No Rest

Circuit x 3 Rounds

16 kg KB Swings x 10
16kg KB Waiter Carry - 10 yards R - 10 yards L
20kg DB Farmers - 20 yards

Blowing out my backside after this - still feel knackered today!

Diet plan remains the same but I need a bit more structure mainly at breakfast/pre-bed - will have a think.

Going to start cardio this week - only a 20 min walk at lunchtime 4 times a week.

Been having really vivid dreams which I think is a side effect of my meds - its like having two life's - wake up trashed first thing.

Back