Deadlift Video- Form Check?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hoss112

Hi Guys

Used to be on this forum under the name 'keys' but can no longer remember the password!

I need to improve my DL technique, my all time PB is 262.5 @92, currently it's 245 at a much lighter bodyweight.

Here's my 225 single from today, I know the video isn't great but any help would be much appreciated.

Can't really see alot tbh to check. Although i wouldn't say iv the greatest form.

Better vid needed /18

Ah will try to get a better video, I think it's the start position I need to work on the most

Get the video more side on and zoomed out a bit further. If it’s the start position you’re mostly worried about we’ll need to see the whole body including head

From my unedcated eyes I see a bit of a hitch and a yank/jolt to start which isn't ideal.

A tip @LittleLiam shared with me that helped me was to get tight in an upright position, then lower yourself to bar and initiate drive.
Any form of yanking is obv not good on biceps/tendons etc and any hitching can be a sign of lacking leg drive and will worsen if not addressed as the load/effort increases.

Yeah both arms should both be straight and triceps locked out before you initiate the pull.

Dan green regularly pulls with his arm bent slightly, just had surgery on a bicep tear. Think it’s his second one but I could be wrong.

That’s why though, he pulls with a bent arm that isn’t locked out properly.

Liam’s commented on it several times in the past and I’ve noticed it in a few of his vids so form flaws can happen even at his level. This one is fairly common with people using mixed grip as it happens.

Dan Green coaches people to deadlift himself and still doesn’t get it right haha.

Only in a strength sport would such levels of retard be taken seriously.

He might have a fucked elbow or fucked elbows though. I can't fully straighten my right elbow and my manlet hands are too small for hookgrip so I'm sure I'd be in contention for a snapped bicep tendon one day :D

The jerk/snatching at the start is what I'm worried about, I've done it for years.

I'm going to drop back the weights for a bit and focus on getting that start position sorted.

When I used to compete in PL never failed a lift for hitching, but I'll work on making sure I get that sorted too.

Will post a vid in 6-8 weeks at a better angle when I've addressed some issues.

Many thanks for the help, it is very much appreciated.

@Greedy Ben

Thanks for looking at it. It felt slow today for that weight, but wanted to get form improved as a matter of priority before pushing on.

Best recent squat: 195kg
Best recent bench; 147.5 paused
Best recent strict OHP: 97.5

All slightly down from end of last year where I was 5kg heavier.

Thats about the same difference as mine.
We're all built different but improving my squat always leads to deadlifts going up.

If it felt slow you did only pull that other one yesterday!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back