1. TMuscle acknowledges the use of AAS (anabolic and androgenic steroids) POMs (prescription-only medicines) and other performance-enhancing substances in bodybuilding today. It aims to provide reliable information on their safe administration, side effects and dangers.

TMuscle does not approve or support the unlawful supply, possession or use of any drug.

Members may report and describe factually their experiences with AAS and brands of AAS and POMs.

Members may not offer to supply or facilitate the unlawful supply of AAS, POMS or other controlled drugs on TMuscle or its messaging systems.
    Dismiss Notice

Deca Water Retention

Discussion in 'Anabolic Steroids & Prohormones' started by Penguin'sreturn, Jul 16, 2020.

1. Penguin'sreturn

Penguin'sreturn Full Member

Morning everyone.

A while back I did a high deca low test cycle and loved it-apart from the ridiculous bloat I got. Was one of those looked huge in clothes but all very watery underneath, you know the score.

I'm fully aware of diet on blast, kept it as decent as possible. I've always been dead against Arimidex as it plays havoc with your lipids which as we all know steroids do too so I never took an A.I

I've got a ton of Lasix here, would that help? Yes I'm fully aware of the dangers and the taking of them would be my responsibility.

What I'm asking is are there any educated suggestions what I could do to reduce the bloat. Again my diet will be sorted. Would you say fuck it and take Adex maybe 3x a week? Or is there another ancillary that I could take that would help?

Or is it just Deca's Deca, shut up and put up with it. Any suggestions welcome. Preferably from ppl who have experience with that type of blast but willing to listen to anyone talking sense. Something that hasn't been happening thanks to a certain member lol.

Cheers.

2. huntingground

huntingground One Hundred Percenter Competitor

I have always stayed away from diuretics so I have no experience on that.

Have you tried NPP? I found I held less water on that.

Penguin'sreturn likes this.
  3. Penguin'sreturn

I've tried NPP but only at a dose of 450mgs a week due to pennies and I won't lie, not a fan of the frequent pinning.

Even if I took the NPP higher (if memory serves i was on 300mg test, 900mg Deca) to those levels would the same not just happen? I know the difference in esters but is their a difference in the water retention? I've always heard 2 diff things and I don't know which is true. Some say shorter esters make you hold less water (same gets said of test prop vs say enanthate) then there's the other camp that say if you run the same dosage you will get the same sides as essentially its the same drug. So say 900mg NPP would cause the exact same sides as same dosed deca and same goes for prop vs long esters. Do you know what the truth is behind either argument mate?

And I've taken Lasix before, pissing like a fucking horse, of course made sure to double fluids up. I did actually notice a difference, my mid section was much more defined but I'm wondering if that's just OTT usage as I'm not looking to compete or anything. Just loved the feeling of high Deca but hated the bloat lol.

huntingground likes this.
  4. Proteinbrah

Proteinbrah Top Contributor

How much deca we talking?

Not sure an AI would help all that much tbh. You could always just lower the dose

5. pooley1810

pooley1810 Moderator

Agree here
    AI will only really help if water is from high estrogen
    What's sodium and carbs like?

6. Penguin'sreturn

It was 900mg last time I did it. Felt great but had the obvious sides. @Proteinbrah is of course right, might try a 600 to 300 ratio.

Normally I'm very big on carbs. Regular tren user and tren deff works better with super high carbs for me (no science to this, just anecdotal). However I did change diet around training, carbs before and in the meal after (don't do post/w shakes) when I started the Deca blast. Was fairly rigid with that but of course I won't lie if I fancied a Chinese on a Saturday I had it lol, always will.

Is there a difference in water retention on NPP and Deca as I would have said that the only difference is the ester. So for e.g if you did 800mg Deca or 800mg NPP would you still get the same amount of water retention? I would have said yes you would but I'm all ears if anyone has had a diff experience?

7. GhostOf2Can

GhostOf2Can Top Contributor

Im on 800mg a week with 250 test and arent bloating at all from a negative point of view

My muscles just look a lot rounder and bigger. Abs and veins have come out on it

I’ve been off for almost a year up until last month though so I expected to react very well to any AAS

I’m taking Adex at 1mg every 5 days or so just fyi

Penguin'sreturn and noel like this.
  8. noel

noel Moderator

I get Minimal bloat on deca and good friend ran deca at a high dose with 300g test and got ready for a show
    Diet and other drugs cause the bloat imo. I got a bit of water retention but certainly not the bloat I had always assumed I would get diet bang on.

Penguin'sreturn likes this.
  9. Penguin'sreturn

This is what I want to hear boys some hope haha. @GhostOf2Can are you paying any special attention to diet or sodium intake?

10. GhostOf2Can

No not really mate

Most days I’m eating a lot of fruit, 1L fruit juice, a KG of 12% steak mince a day, White rice, muffins or doughnuts post workout, Bagels and Whey

But last night I did 35 reps with 224kg on deadlift and then trained Delts so I allow myself a pizza or burgers and fries etc etc if I feel I’ve trained hard, last night I had 4 double cheeseburgers and 2 fries from McDonald’s and woke up this morning unbloated, and tbh I salt 90% of my meals everyday as well

Basically I’m sensible with my food but not anal at all about it

Sorry not to be of more help

Penguin'sreturn and pooley1810 like this.
  11. Penguin'sreturn

No mate that's very similar to me, just minus that fucking deadlift .

I haven't counted calories or stuck to a rigid diet plan for a long time and have made much better progress than when I used to weigh everything and live off rice, chicken and broccoli thanks to Flex magazine.

I'll probs give it another whirl, I do really like the feeling of Deca and if I'm unhappy with how its going I'll just do what I did last time and drop it. Water will come off in 2-3 weeks anyway, less if Im aggressive with the lasix and a.i for a few days and that's fuck all really. Cheers boys.

If you don't see a new avi from me in about 6 weeks' time you'll all know I turned into a bloated seal again

GhostOf2Can likes this.
  12. Mark1234

Mark1234 Full Member

First thing to do will probs be to play about with different carb sources, and see if there is some you get on with better than others.

Personally from my experience I think High Cals + High Carbs + High Dose Deca is always going to lead to water retention and some bloat so maybe just have to put up with it; or lower the dose.

13. Robbie

Robbie Top Contributor

If you do have heavy bloating, have you checked your blood pressure?

14. GhostOf2Can

Also it is deca so I presume your bulking penguin?

I’d just ride out the bloat if you enjoy the feel of deca and are gaining well off of it

You play you pay and all that

15. Penguin'sreturn

I did change my diet when on high Deca. Can't give the exact plan as I'm not one for journals etc but carbs were kept around training 90% of the time. Will probs be a case of putting up with it as I can't grow on lower cals like some can, pretty fast metabolism