Did You Know Its A Common Myth That Consuming Lots Of Extra Protein Gives People Bigger Muscle

Discussion in 'General Bodybuilding' started by Zakir Hussain, Oct 12, 2019.

1. Zakir Hussain

Zakir Hussain

British Nutrition Foundation have said

Do I need extra protein to build muscle?

It is a common myth that consuming lots of extra protein gives people bigger muscles. Quite often, people taking part in exercise focus on eating lots of protein, and consequently may not get enough carbohydrate, which is the most important source of energy for exercise. A modest 20g of high quality protein, equivalent to approximately half of a medium sized grilled chicken breast or a small can of tuna, has been shown to be enough for optimum muscle protein synthesis following any exercise or training session. Any more protein than this will not be used for muscle building and just used as energy!

Here is the link to read more about it and a table chart: www.nutrition.org.uk/healthyliving/an-active-lifestyle/eating-for-sport-and-exercise.html?start=2

2. flash

flash Full Member

Dude what is the reason your on this forum?

Your threads are odd

3. Zakir Hussain

Zakir Hussain

To educate people and get some feedback any advice and help I need.

huntingground likes this.
  4. huntingground

huntingground Fookin Pencil Neck Competitor

How will you educate people when you look like a potato. Nobody will listen.

Put the work in the gym and kitchen, show a decent physique and then people may listen. Look at Fatbrah, everyone listens to him, let him be your role model.

mal, LeeDaLifter and flash like this.
  5. Porky

Porky Committee brofessor Top Contributor

20g of protein (half a chicken breast) isnt going to fill anyone up is it, you'd be eating every half an hour.

6. flash

flash Full Member

Who you educating?

There’s only about 7 of us cunts left posting on here

With all due respect you need to educate yourself buddy

BustaNutt and Mr mac like this.
  7. Zakir Hussain

Zakir Hussain

I am have you guys seen the new video from anorld he shows his fridge he eats red meat alot of vegetables, protien shakes, engery drinks etc..

8. flash

flash Full Member

Fatbrah is the Steven Hawkins of the bodybuilding community

Only with worse legs

9. huntingground

huntingground Fookin Pencil Neck Competitor

:lol::lol:

10. flash

flash Full Member

Arnold?

This guy?

Adjustments.JPG

11. GhostOf2Can

GhostOf2Can Full Member

Why’s everyone being harsh to the new guy?

Haven’t seen anything from him to take issue with tbh fella’s

zack, Penguin and huntingground like this.
  12. Penguin

Penguin Full Member

To be fair I think he's making a valid point and he isnt telling people to just eat a tin of tuna, he does mention we dont consume enough carbs.

There was a study (cba digging it up, google it) that showed Olympic weighlifters didnt consume much protein at all, 0.8g per lb of bodyweight if memory serves. Bbs do eat way too much protein (myself included, it was ingrained in me to eat a ton of protein from when I was a kid that Im still trying to bring it down).

Yes protein is essential as we know but theres a limit, otherwise why not just eat as much protein as you can stomach at each meal and we'd all be huge. Overall calories are king IMO, carbs are muscle sparing too so that reduces the need to consume large amounts of protein.

13. Sjundea

Sjundea Top Contributor

I don't want educating from someone that is 5 ft 3 and has less muscle than an average woman.
    Thanks but no thanks.

Greedy Ben and Cgr88 like this.
  14. flash

flash Full Member

Yea you say that but I’ve heard Luke sandoe on a podcast saying the more Olmert he ate the bigger he got. And then James Llewelyn says that and has show that you only need 1lb per pound of bw

Both guys I know are above the norm in genetics etc

Is rather eat more than less. And for me I have to stuff my face to gain weight so any added calorie for me is a bonus

15. Penguin

Penguin Full Member

I always err on the side of caution and am guilty myself of eating more protein than I probably need simply because its been drilled into us by supplement companies etc.

Sandoe will say that to to support whatever protein supplement hes pushing. Use your head.

Nobody can give a specific number as everybody is different but guys eating 4-500g is a joke. Even for the Pros.

As said I cant give a specific number but if Olympic weightlifters are keeping it below 1g per lb does anyone on this board need much more? Not a chance.

Richard Dick likes this.