Diet And Body Fat

Discussion in 'Diet & Nutrition' started by Steelydaz, Sep 28, 2018.

1. Steelydaz

Steelydaz Full Member

I'm wanting to get my body fat down and look aspheticaly better as well has been more healthy .

What sort of things should I be cutting out of my diet, I work nights and do take a couple of snacks, usually a fruit bar but still talking 20g carbs, crisps, yogurt and an apple and banana
    Height:175cm
    Weight: 88kg
    BMI 25%
    BF 31.1
    Water 50%

Macros
    Pr180 Ca200 Fa40-50

IMG_20180923_183029.jpg IMG_20180923_183058.jpg IMG_20180923_183509.jpg

2. Steelydaz

Steelydaz Full Member

Sorry my cardio is none existent at the moment, I've only been in the gym a little over 14 months so I was just trying to get a solid base before cutting.

3. huntingground

huntingground Pencillus Maximus Competitor

List typical daily diet.

4. Steelydaz

Steelydaz Full Member

From waking today

2pm oats

3pm gym

6:30pm family meal, lasagna

11pm protein/carb shake

1am snack fruit

3am spegetti Bologna's

6am bedtime

I usually consume around 4-5lt of water per day

5. pooley1810

pooley1810 Top Contributor

I think you could increase your cals a little and still get leaner
    However I do feel your above macros aren’t completely accurate if you’re also eating a little junk.
    You’re diet is light on protein so first increase that, maybe start with a basic 250/250/50 macro split
    That’s easy then as your 5 meals become 50/50/10
    75g oats, 1 egg, 50g whey/casein blend is a good eg
    You can use this as your shakes to
    I think the difficult part will be the family meals. You’re not gonna sit and eat separate to your family so just make it as healthy as poss. Avoiding cheese and creamy sauces, spaghetti bol is fine just use extra lean mince, low fat sauce and no cheese!

Steelydaz likes this.
  6. Steelydaz

Steelydaz Full Member

If I'm using a supplement shake is it preferable to use one high in protein and less carbs, and just use food to get the carbs? I do try to get my protein from food but sometimes it's hard working nights, but the shake I'm using at the moment is oat based high in carbs and cals something like 1k cals and 170g carbs 60g pro per serving .

7. Greedy Ben

Greedy Ben Top Contributor

Training Log:
    Click Here
    Pre cook your meals and take them with you.

Robbie and Steelydaz like this.
  8. Fatbrah

Fatbrah TMuscle Fatministrator Top Contributor

I love oats but if i eat them in that quanity even though enjoyable my ass just cant hack it

Steelydaz likes this.
  9. Steelydaz

Steelydaz Full Member

I usually split them down, it says to use 4 scoops per serving to get the full macros but the scoop is like a ladle:sad: so I just use 2 twice a day .

10. Steelydaz

Steelydaz Full Member

This is what I don't get? If I'm pre cooking meat ie chicken or beef do I freeze what I'm not using until I come to use it that day or just chuck it all in the fridge?

11. milner575

milner575 Full Member

I usually cook a few days worth and just keep it all in the fridge until the day I eat it. Bang it in the micro at work.

Greedy Ben and Steelydaz like this.
  12. Steelydaz

Steelydaz Full Member

Excellent, I'm off shopping I was thinking a mix of beef and sweet potato broccoli a couple of days and then chicken or pork with rice and broccoli the other days. I don't want too much red meat cos it lays quiet heavy on me.

13. noel

noel Top Contributor

doesn't sound like the whey is high quality if you need 4 servings. FInd a decent whey with c25g per serving with minimal carbs and fats i.e less than a couple of grams. you can use shakes fine in almost any diet I think

how is digestion on all this ? bloating etc....

pick foods you like and digest well, youll feel better for it. takes a little trial and error but its well worth the time IMO.

we all handle stuff differently. two servings of pasta a day would bloat me for sure......as an example

as @pooley1810 suggested get protein in with each meal. Will fill you up more and I bet help with your physique over time.

Steelydaz likes this.
  14. Steelydaz

Steelydaz Full Member

Cheers Noel

The only thing that seems to bloat me is potato although sweet potato seems fine??

I was taking a supplement from affordable supplements which is my local place, but I've just ordered some matrix anabolic gold low carb and fat, high protein.

I've not finished properly tracking my macros for today but once I'm home from work I'll be having a count, my last meal was 4 eggs and 150g of pasta shells.

15. noel

noel Top Contributor

yeah account for it all, worth the exercise.

could also consider splitting meals ...protein fat or protein carb.....again as some find it easier to digest ....post workout I keep fats low carbs high etc.... just another possible for you.....

Steelydaz likes this.