Diet Critique (on Cycle)

gettinbiggergunz

I'm on Test E (300mg/ml, 1.5ml 2x a week, 1x Wednesday, 1x Sat).

I'm on this diet.
1. 3 scoop CNP Pro Peptide, 2 scoop Instant Oats
2. MyProtein Beef Chilli Con Carne (brown rice included) and 1 bag protein rice
3. MyProtein Turkey Meatballs and Brown Fusili pasta (on training days) or meal 2 above on non-training days.
4. USN muscle fuel anabolic 1 hour before training
5. BCAAs if training and 2 scoop mutant mass after training. Nothing here if not training.
6. Egg yolk and egg white before I sleep with just water.
About 2-3 litres water per day without fail.
I am still looking pretty shitty if I must be honest.

I am starting Primobolan next week (2 jabs with the test). I am changing my diet a bit.
1. 3 scoop CNP Pro Peptide, 2 scoop Instant Oats
2. Musclefood Mexican Style British Beef and MyProtein Beef Chilli Con Carne (brown rice included)
3. Musclefood Beef Bolognese with Pasta (pasta helps me burn out less during workouts)
4. USN muscle fuel anabolic 1 hour before training
5. BCAAs if training and 2 scoop mutant mass after training. Nothing here if not training.
6. Egg yolk and egg white before I sleep with just water.
3+ litres water per day without fail.
Without the mass shake after training, this comes to 2.5k cals, 266g carb, 53g fat and 250g protein.
With the mass shake after training, this comes to 3k cals, 350g carb, 61g fat and 275g protein.

Is this enough? I'm struggling to add more stuff without increasing carb too much. Or is it safe to up carbs given what I am on?

Nearly a gram of gear and not a lot of food.

Unless you weigh about 70kg I can't see you growing that much from eating that little and if you weigh more and are cutting then why so much gear?

2nd April (week 1 gear): 84kg, 39' chest, 13.25' cold/14'flex arm, 21' thigh, 15' calf, 33' sucking in waist / 35' letting out waist
15th April: 85.8kg, 40 chest, 14 cold / 15' flex, 21.5' thigh, 15' calf, 33' letting out, 31.5' sucking in waist

I'm 87-88kg now. I am 6 foot tall. Goal is something like this (no need for 6 pack but lean with muscle in the right places): https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/c7/f0/e6/c7f0e6f08986ce355c9e5de762076ad0.jpg

The reason for restricting diet a bit was my core started to look pretty out of shape, so not having too many calories has helped shed off some of the fat around the waist and I do look better there. I'm happy to increase the food but it means adding more carbs and I'm worried my stomach will blow up again and look crappy.

You'll put on muscle eating pie and mash three times a day on gear but you'll struggle to maintain it once off.

If you're struggling with two ready meals and a few shakes a day when on gear I can't see you keeping any of your gains off cycle, now should be the time when you're really nailing it.

You'll put on muscle eating pie and mash three times a day on gear but you'll struggle to maintain it once off.

If you're struggling with two ready meals and a few shakes a day when on gear I can't see you keeping any of your gains off cycle, now should be the time when you're really nailing it.

I don't follow... where did I say I'm struggling? I want to 'lean grow' not blow up and then shrink down.

This is why I posted my diet up as it doesn't seem right (this is what my trainer gave me). Training is going well and the gear is real so want to make sure the diet is supporting everything.

Last edited:
Ah just re-read the comments. By 'struggling' as in I'm not struggling to eat more food. I'm struggling to add more food that doesn't massively add more carbs (i.e keep carbs low) and increases protein (other than more shakes but I want to avoid that at this point).

Ah just re-read the comments. By 'struggling' as in I'm not struggling to eat more food. I'm struggling to add more food that doesn't massively add more carbs (i.e keep carbs low) and increases protein (other than more shakes but I want to avoid that at this point).

Add in some chicken breasts.

Not much real food there - as in fresh stuff you cook and make yourself. Not much fat either.

Notice too your waist is coming in. That's a fairly certain sign of fat loss. Even on gear it is very hard to gain muscle and lose fat at the same time.

3k is not a lot of calories at all for a 6ft guy. I'm 8 weeks out and on about 2700-2800 kcal (and I'm 5ft 9 and a bit and currently about 85.5kg). I think you need at least another 500 kcal a day, probably 1000.

Tbh I'd ditch that diet and start again, but at least I'd have a big plate of chicken and rice after you've trained, probably with a bagel and some jam. Add in some peanut butter and Greek yoghurt to your pre bed meal too.

You cant make blanket statements about whether calories are enough or to little based on anthropology alone imo.

Some need more some need less.

I'd say its better to look to the scales and mirror. Are the scales moving steadily without obvious fat gain..stick. Are the scales not moving at all or even going backward..probs add more food. Are the scales racing away with rampant fat gain obvious...reduce food.

I do agree though I wouldnt give my money to MF and MP for those pre prepped meals. Nutrient content reduces with time, cooking, storage etc. Far better og buying fresh and prepping, if you can. If not I guess its the better of two evils, the other being junk.

What do you hope to gain by adding primo apart from an empty wallet?

You cant make blanket statements about whether calories are enough or to little based on anthropology alone imo.

Some need more some need less.

True. There are certainly exceptions and there are lots of variables we don't know about - point taken.

But *generally* a guy of that size, training at least reasonably hard, looking to gain size, is going to need more than he's on. 18-20kcals/lb of body weight is often cited in the textbooks as a sensible starting point, and if the op isn't far off 200lbs, it is *likely* he'll need more than 3k calories.

And given the op's waistline measurements are coming in, I think it's a fair bet he needs more food.

But they always say free advice is worth what you paid for it... ;)

I don't eat meat/fish hence tried these meals to get meat into my diet. As they are prepared already I dont have issues eating them.
My local wrap place sells a curried chicken wrap so I can't taste the chicken and I can add that in. But when I eat chicken normally I just feel sick.
Just trying to do my bit to eat healthy as much as I can even if it is eating pre-prepared meals I guess.

True. There are certainly exceptions and there are lots of variables we don't know about - point taken.

But *generally* a guy of that size, training at least reasonably hard, looking to gain size, is going to need more than he's on. 18-20kcals/lb of body weight is often cited in the textbooks as a sensible starting point, and if the op isn't far off 200lbs, it is *likely* he'll need more than 3k calories.

And given the op's waistline measurements are coming in, I think it's a fair bet he needs more food.

But they always say free advice is worth what you paid for it... ;)

Yer I don't disagree, I was being excessively pendantic tbh :D

Back