Diet Evolution - "The thoughts of Prodiver"

Please, can we get away from the idea that your body will quickly lose muscle mass!

There's a big time-lag - several days after recovery from workout - before the body starts to reduce its muscle mass - and even longer if you eat enough protein.

If you continue to stress your muscles and eat enough protein your body will gain muscle mass using first your carbs and then your bodyfat as fuel. So it's always best to eat fast carbs rather than slow complex ones.

Some fast carbs pre-workout will give your a quick short energy boost after which your bodyfat will take over, so some fruit or a Mars bar is better than pasta.

The optimum time before breakfast seems to be an hour or more...

Makes sense well thx for clearing that up!. How much total fat do you advocate for the day? I derive most from avocado, feta, evoo, eggs really. I'll change to fruit for pre-workout and see how it goes. Alough thats my diet more or less zero complex carb except from breakfast where I eat weetabix/oats and couple slices wholemeal toast.

...How much total fat do you advocate for the day?...

I haven't a clue! Except that, of course, if you eat a huge amount and therefore many excess calories, you'll get fat even if you reduce your carbs to zero.

But if you simply eat all the fat that comes with your protein foods, plus butter, milk, cheese, dressings, mayo and oeanut butter, and limit your carbs, you're unlikely to exceed your daily calorie needs.

In terms of fast carb intake, like you mentioned before, what would you recommend for non-training days?

In terms of fast carb intake, like you mentioned before, what would you recommend for non-training days?

I don't advocate eating differently on training and non-training days. The body has huge nutritional capacity so evens out intake effects over a day or two.

Basically, eat anything and everything you like - but control your overall carb intake. An occasional carb treat won't do any harm.

I don't advocate eating differently on training and non-training days. The body has huge nutritional capacity so evens out intake effects over a day or two.

Basically, eat anything and everything you like - but control your overall carb intake. An occasional carb treat won't do any harm.

Thanks for sharing Pro, very insightful!

Here's a quick question...

What cheese do you eat? I usually just get the cheese which is on offer - ie, cathedral city, or just value cheese! I have some leerdammer this week though as again it was on offer, and I like it.

Thoughts?

Here's a quick question...

What cheese do you eat? I usually just get the cheese which is on offer - ie, cathedral city, or just value cheese! I have some leerdammer this week though as again it was on offer, and I like it.

Thoughts?

I eat a lot of Red Liecester and Double Gloucester - MMMMMMMM!

Make sure they're room temp and not just out of the fridge so they have full flavour.

I eat a lot of Red Liecester and Double Gloucester - MMMMMMMM!

Make sure they're room temp and not just out of the fridge so they have full flavour.

I like how you write "MMMMMM!" every time you say a food lol

Mmm cheese. . . Feta, halloumi and cambazola are favourites. Will add questions later

Regarding the frozen mars bars....Do you have one before every workout? or just when you need a boost?

am only on around 40g carbs now and eat up my fat, took a bit of getting use to but finding it ok... eating carbs at the weekend tho but dropping fat now :-)

I've been doing the Prodiver diet for a good few weeks now and am not missing carbs. I have my Alpen in the morning and then just actively avoid carbs for the rest of the day but eat them if i feel the need, also upped my fats alot and amongst the nuts and red meat i'm eating a decent block of cheese each day too.

I'm looking leaner and still adding weight to the bar down the gym. Had a bit of a blip this week as i split up with the missus so i've not been eating as much as i should and have been down the pub a few times but i feel more in control of my bodyfat levels than i ever have before. :)

I'm just a recreational lifter and this approach to eating is definitely one i'd recommend for the average Joe like myself.

Back