Dress Shirts? Where From?

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by GhostOf2Can, Aug 24, 2021.

1. GhostOf2Can

GhostOf2Can Top Contributor

I train hard to look half decent but every time I have to get dressed up I look like a bag of shite as dress shirts or suit jackets etc look like tents to get around my neck and chest

Ive got some pretty weird measurements. Neck is 21. Chest is 52 relaxed and waist is 37

I’m sure others on here have the same issue? So where do you get your shirts from?

I’ve a wedding this week so I need a shirt, I’m swerving a jacket because it’s summer and tbh I’m not that arsed as their her friends not mine

So shirts. Where from boys?

2. Richard Dick

Richard Dick Full Member

Matalan, but they look like shite so probably no help. I always just rent a kilt for weddings.

GhostOf2Can likes this.
  3. Reacher

Reacher Top Contributor

last time I needed a dress shirt I ended up having to get one from M&S
    hardly hight of fashion but only place I could get anything to fit and decent sleeve length.
    Think you'll struggle with the likes of Father Sons etc as they tend to cater for manlets

GhostOf2Can likes this.
  4. Jamesalan

Jamesalan Full Member

Hollister which is an American surfer preppy type brand. They have muscle dress shirts that fit tight around the chest and then sink as you would expect around the stomach unless you are fat or just super jacked. Good cuffs on arms too it's a good mix of looking nice but not covering all your gains

GhostOf2Can likes this.
  5. GhostOf2Can

I’m having a look on the old google machine and all the tapered shirts for “bodybuilders” seem to go up to 49-50 chest with 17-18 the biggest I’ve seen for neck

Must be for natty bodybuilders eh?

custom_courier and Reacher like this.
  6. Gymshark

Gymshark Full Member

Where are you in the country?

7. G-G

G-G Ex Competitor

Have a look at Good old Marks and Sparks mate. Pretty much all I wear for work and smart.

suggest a 19” tailored as were not massively different size wise. The slim fit needs another inch on the neck but you might get away with a 19.5” if you don’t need to bend your arms too much.
    but if you go into the shop they will have a man that will be able to sort you out. Honest, sworn by them for a decade.

there’s a brand called oxcloth that look decent for sizing of the above if no good.

8. GhostOf2Can

North Yorkshire bud

9. Gymshark

Gymshark Full Member

Anywhere near a McArthur glen outlet? I found Hugo Boss to be more German barrel chest fitting, picked up a few shirts from Swindon outlet at reasonable cost

10. Gymshark

Gymshark Full Member

Also Ralph Lauren do American fat fitting, nearest outlet I know to Yorkshire would be York then Cheshire oaks at elmsere port

11. G-G

G-G Ex Competitor

not a fucking hope he’s fitting in Hugo boss unless it’s orange relaxed casual stuff

12. Gymshark

Gymshark Full Member

Needs to be a proper boss shop with suit fitting, not the off the peg stuff sold in department stores

13. G-G

G-G Ex Competitor

you did hear him when he said he was from
    Yorkshire didn’t you?

14. GhostOf2Can

Do they cut in at the waist mate?

I’m trying to avoid the masses of shirt that’s just scruffy excess when you buy a shirt to fit your chest and Arms

15. Gymshark

Gymshark Full Member

McArthur Glenn at York?