Face Masks Mandatory Again From Tuesday 30th November In Uk

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by DeletedMem15072, Nov 29, 2021.

1. GhostOf2Can

GhostOf2Can Top Contributor

No one is getting their knickers in a twist a lot of people have just said they are not gonna do it as it’s proven to be pointless

Its like if Boris Johnson came out today and said wearing clown shoes are mandatory in all retail settings from tomorrow to protect you from Covid a lot of people would happily put them on

It’d be pretty suitable attire for most tbf

Then there’s those who don’t do pointless things just because a man in a suit on the tv has told them too. It’s a matter of self respect and dignity for some people

Proteinbrah, Brotard and ILLBehaviour like this.
  2. Richard Dick

Richard Dick Top Contributor

Yeah, but masks obviously do provide some degree of protection. I don't even follow these things because I really do not care as much as other people seem to but it's common sense that a mask in front of your mouth and nose is going to be better than nothing. Not saying that justifies making them mandatory, but the comparison to clown shoes doesn't work, in my opinion.

3. mal

mal Top Contributor

Mask wearing is still mandatory in wales, you go out and about and most people you see will be wearing them, wales now has the highest number of infections in the uk, yet atm the media wont mention wales all of a sudden because it doest fit in with omicron and the booster jab.
    The problem with masks only medical grade ones will stop transmitting the bug, the ones the public wear are pretty useless and prob soaked with snot n germs.

4. Richard Dick

Radio 4 mentioned that wales had the highest number of cases yesterday morning and made a big deal about it. The media will just do whatever is the most alarmist and sensationalist, I don't think they're deliberately pushing a certain angle.

5. GhostOf2Can

It’s only a mask
    It’s only 2 weeks to flatten the curve
    It’s only a 3 week lockdown
    It’s only 2 jabs
    It’s only a booster
    It’s only mandatory vaccination for care workers
    It’s only mandatory vaccination for NHS workers
    It’s only 3 week masks whilst we see how bad omnicron is
    Etc etc etc

And here we are 2 years later

Do you understand?

Obviously not

6. Richard Dick

That's called wishful thinking. It was obvious from the start that covid isn't going away anytime soon. The idea it's some conspiracy is just a narrative in people's heads though. The government would love if all this just went away tomorrow.

7. GolfDelta

GolfDelta Competitor

Nice to see OP sticking to that part of his opening post ^^^^^^^:rofl:

safc49, Proteinbrah, Brotard and 3 others like this.
  8. s man

s man Moderator

They are matey. My background for many years was News media Distribution. Since the crash they’ve been on their ass both financially and in circulation terms. Over the last 18 months they’ve been out performing financial expectations with massive growth in online engagement especially and therefore increased add revenues in the region of 10-20% while at the same time reducing outgoings by going to remote working and reducing property site portfolios. Covid has been the gift that keeps on giving for a lot of them and boards up and down the country will hope it keeps going as long as possible and angle towards every negative as much as possible.

9. GhostOf2Can

Richard Dick:
    “Boris hurts us because he loves us”

Keep going along with it and making excuses for them whilst they all get richer and richer whilst the average Joe suffers (not from Covid but for their actions)

Working out great so far isn’t it pal

10. Sjundea

Sjundea Moderator

Didn’t we have the daft tier system that BoJo introduced like a few days before Xmas where if you were tier 3 and 4 their were restrictions and those in tier 4 couldn’t have family over iirc.
    I can’t even remember what the rules were exactly as tbh I have just gone about my business as I usually would, the lockdown doesn’t affect a hermit haha.
    I just hope he doesn’t do a lockdown at all. My postponed wedding is in Feb and he best not mess that up again.

Proteinbrah likes this.
  11. Richard Dick

Who do you think is benefiting from this? And how is being asked to wear a mask suffering? All very dramatic tbh

12. GhostOf2Can

I’m out bro

13. GhostOf2Can

“It’s easier to fool ppl than to convince them that they’ve been fooled” ~Mark Twain

Covid is real gents but if you can’t see it’s been used to push an agenda that isn’t about health your either very stupid or the quote above applies to you. Your ego won’t let you admit you’ve been strung along for 2 years

You’ve done everything you’ve been asked in the last 2 years yet there’s no end in sight

Time to drop the ego and admit their taking the piss out of you

14. Raisin

Raisin Top Contributor

Please change your profile pic @GhostOf2Can it freaks me out.
    Pretty please.

GhostOf2Can likes this.
  15. Richard Dick

So what's the actual agenda then? Because the people that make claims like this can only talk in vague accusations, and never give a straight answer. What benefit is it for the government to mandate face masks and other covid prevention measures?