Fear Of Leg Day :0)

Discussion in 'General Bodybuilding' started by Steelydaz, Jul 3, 2018.

1. Steelydaz

Steelydaz Full Member

Does anyone else have a sort of fear of getting to leg day and thinking shit I'm going to die:confused::D

I love doing legs but when I get around to it I get like butterflies thinking what the next few days are going to be like.

2. Steelydaz

Steelydaz Full Member

Yes I am:D but In all fairness my lifts are good and my gains are steadily getting there.

I squat low bar and love it:beer:

Guest likes this.
  3. Yogi_412

Yogi_412 Full Member

Not really a fear of leg day. But the shit I’m doing in John meadows program right now I know I’m going to be on the verge of puking most leg days and some days I do so... that’s not so fun to look forward to. Afterwards feel great. Haha

4. Steelydaz

Steelydaz Full Member

JM love his vids, particularly like the meadows row with the t-bar, definitely feel my back after a good set of them.

Saw the vid he did with Seth Shaw when he was puking afterward.

II don' have a training partner so cannot train quite has hard to get to the stage of puking but I've come close. getting to the bottom of a squat and just not having the sheer energy to get out of the hole.

Yogi_412 likes this.
  5. Yogi_412

Yogi_412 Full Member

Workout I did today was a “pump” workout. One hell of a workout I’ll say that much. One giant set of seated Leg Curls straight into Dumbbell SLDL straight into leg Extension and finally into Dumbell squats with heels elevated. Only 60second rest after each round I’ll tell you what. Four rounds of 10 reps each exercise and I was shot after that. Worst part was trying to breath. Tren got the best of my today.

RickJsy and Steelydaz like this.
  6. Steelydaz

Steelydaz Full Member

Not tried dumbbell squats? I'll have to have a go at them, I do usually incorporate sissy squats in usually at the end just to get a last stretch in.

Yogi_412 likes this.
  7. Yogi_412

Yogi_412 Full Member

DB squats aren’t a bad movement. I elevate my heels up on 5lb plates. Puts a bit more emphasis on the quads. Can use kettlebells as well. Not a bad finisher. Sissy squats are a great movement IMO

8. tomlet1

tomlet1 Mr Glass Top Contributor

I pray big Kenneth the 3rd never stumbles across this thread, i am afraid the overwhelming stench of phaggotry may be enough to finish him off.

9. s man

s man Full Member

Are you training in a rack matey?

I always train alone pretty much to. There’s a big hurdle mentally to over come especially with squats where you know the rack will catch it but you still sometimes don’t go as far as you could.

Steelydaz likes this.
  10. Steelydaz

Steelydaz Full Member

Yes in a squat rack, I set the spotter bars to around waist height just so I can get full rom. I don't have a leg press or hack squat so do stuff like close stance squats with moderate weight and heels on a couple of 5kg plates.

11. Guest

Guest Guest

My fear is that strong i dont train them

Or any other body part

TinyTim, TITO, Guest1337 and 2 others like this.
  12. RickJsy

RickJsy Crippled fat guy Top Contributor

Fear is the only thing to be afraid of.

*insert picture of a lion*

Hashtag beastmode hashtag motivation

TITO, Dan94 and Steelydaz like this.
  13. Guest1337

Guest1337 Guest

I fear I'll get too big.

So I don't train.

LittleLiam, Beef and RickJsy like this.
  14. Ripper

Ripper Not happy, dieting sucks. Full Member

If I train my legs will I still be able to get in my skinny fit jeans :innocent:

Steelydaz and Guest1337 like this.
  15. Dtlv

Dtlv Moderator Moderator

I genuinely enjoy leg day. My legs are pretty feeble, but I enjoy the feeling of working them hard, and the systemic knackering that comes from training them properly I enjoy in a kind of masochistic way.

What I do hate though is having to do anything other than collapsing in a chair for a few hours after a leg session, so if I have something I can't get out of doing straight after a leg session I will always dread doing that, whatever it is.