Fitness Smartwatch Recommendations

xuledywo

I'm looking for recommendations of a great Fitness SmartWatch. I've had the Fitbit Versa and Samsung Galaxy Active2 and found the Fitbit to be great for fitness tracking but really lacked in the smartwatch side of things, while the Samsung was great for smartwatch capabilities but really lacked in the fitness side of things. Thinking I may need to go up in price range to get the best of both worlds.

The key things I'm looking for are:

• built-in GPS
  • local music storage for offline playback (Spotify)
  • HR tracking whilst swimming
  • Desktop Health Dashboard (can only check Samsung stats through phone app – made it really difficult to compare and see ong-term trends).
  • Answering and continuing phone calls from watch (Mic)
  • Tracking laps in pool while doing drills without third party app (Samsung works off strokes and couldn't manually add laps)
I really liked the Samsung watch for the ability to initiate phone calls from the watch, view messages and send messages with free-text/keyboard on watch without needing to have a notification first. I haven't seen this available in other watches, is this only available through the Samsung Watch – Samsung Phone pairing (I have a Samsung Galaxy)? I also really liked being able to go through my calendar on the Samsung watch (Fitbit only gave the next few days/meetings), and the daily briefing was great too as a quick view of my day.

Fitness wise, I'd be using the watch to monitor general health (e.g. sleep tracking, active minutes, resting heart rate and heart rate zones) and during exercise, mainly:

• Cardio & Strength exercises (Gym based)
  • Indoor Biking
  • Pool Swimming
  • Pilates & Yoga
  • Running & Outdoor biking (Occasionally, but not a massive runner – don't need in-depth stats)
    These are the essentials, but extras such as SpO2, temperature tracking, stress monitoring, respiration tracking (especially during Yoga) wouldn't be unwelcome.
I'm leaning towards the Garmin Venu, but I can't see much on their smartwatch features, and since I'm not a massive runner or into golf, I don't know if I'm paying for extras I don't need. Would the Garmin Venu Sq – Music Edition cover my needs?

I really need some advice, it's a lot of money to put down and risk being unhappy. Frustrating that most places have fake models showing only the aesthetics of the watch and you can't actually see the functionality!

Thanks in advance!!!

Note: I've had the Fitbit Sense briefly as well and this isn't an option. The lack of Swimming HR is a killer, but I'm also not a big fan of their layout, app selection, and general smartwatch functions.

I'm looking for recommendations of a great Fitness SmartWatch. I've had the Fitbit Versa and Samsung Galaxy Active2 and found the Fitbit to be great for fitness tracking but really lacked in the smartwatch side of things, while the Samsung was great for smartwatch capabilities but really lacked in the fitness side of things. Thinking I may need to go up in price range to get the best of both worlds.

The key things I'm looking for are:

• built-in GPS
  • local music storage for offline playback (Spotify)
  • HR tracking whilst swimming
  • Desktop Health Dashboard (can only check Samsung stats through phone app – made it really difficult to compare and see ong-term trends).
  • Answering and continuing phone calls from watch (Mic)
  • Tracking laps in pool while doing drills without third party app (Samsung works off strokes and couldn't manually add laps)
I really liked the Samsung watch for the ability to initiate phone calls from the watch, view messages and send messages with free-text/keyboard on watch without needing to have a notification first. I haven't seen this available in other watches, is this only available through the Samsung Watch – Samsung Phone pairing (I have a Samsung Galaxy)? I also really liked being able to go through my calendar on the Samsung watch (Fitbit only gave the next few days/meetings), and the daily briefing was great too as a quick view of my day.

Fitness wise, I'd be using the watch service to monitor general health (e.g. sleep tracking, active minutes, resting heart rate and heart rate zones) and during exercise, mainly:

• Cardio & Strength exercises (Gym based)
  • Indoor Biking
  • Pool Swimming
  • Pilates & Yoga
  • Running & Outdoor biking (Occasionally, but not a massive runner – don't need in-depth stats)
    These are the essentials, but extras such as SpO2, temperature tracking, stress monitoring, and respiration tracking (especially during Yoga) wouldn't be unwelcome.
I'm leaning towards the Garmin Venu, but I can't see much on their smartwatch features, and since I'm not a massive runner or into golf, I don't know if I'm paying for extras I don't need. Would the Garmin Venu Sq – Music Edition cover my needs?

I really need some advice, it's a lot of money to put down and risk being unhappy. Frustrating that most places have fake models showing only the aesthetics of the watch and you can't actually see the functionality!

Thanks in advance!!!

Note: I've had the Fitbit Sense briefly as well and this isn't an option. The lack of Swimming HR is a killer, but I'm also not a big fan of their layout, app selection, and general smartwatch functions.
thanks for any help

Back