Fortitude Training (Review)

In essence, does your age have a bearing on muscular growth rates mate - and how can nutrition rather than drug stategies address this - eg adjusting l-leucine intake, for example. It's potentially one complicated and deep topic with a whole host of co-factors.
That's better, thanks. Haha.

Posted using TMuscle App

can we turn this into a general Dr Scott question and answer thread? or is that being cheeky?:whistling:

I plan on reason it Sunday night, does it require a log book?

I'm going to Asda soon so could pick a couple notepads up.

Posted using TMuscle App

Scott hopefully you will still be viewing this periodically.
One question I wondered about, for me sadly my knees don't seem to like 3 times per week of traditional resistance training. Would you consider something like sled drags forwards and backwards enough stimulus to be considered a workout as its eccentric less (or concentric less I always forget) training??

Posted using TMuscle App
It requires you to document progress mate - yes.
There are sample sheets for printing out which will record your progressive data - the obvious limit of that is you need access to a printer.
I am off to the shops in a bit and will pick up an A6 sized notebook - will, as usual, be the only person in the gym recording what I'm doing. LMAO.

Yeah, would very much be up for a UK camp - depending on who's fronting it UK-side.

Keep costs down - no overnight stays in a 5 star hotel included in the price, lol - and I think you'd have fierce interest at all vertices of the British Isles.

It requires you to document progress mate - yes.
There are sample sheets for printing out which will record your progressive data - the obvious limit of that is you need access to a printer.
I am off to the shops in a bit and will pick up an A6 sized notebook - will, as usual, be the only person in the gym recording what I'm doing. LMAO.
I grabbed a couple aswell, will get a good read over this wknd, probably 2-3 times to take it all in.

Posted using TMuscle App

Totally agree with righty on the camp. There is a hardcore group of fans who have always stuck with the liking and writing of people like Leo Costa. Loads slagged him years back but I loved what he put of there.
I think his work represented to me just hard training. No fluff just ass kick work that left you screwed ina. Heap in the corner. Every time I've ran big beyond I got that worried nervousness as week 3 with limited rest period was coming up knowing that the work in the squat rack etc was just going to be brutal

Scott hopefully you will still be viewing this periodically.
One question I wondered about, for me sadly my knees don't seem to like 3 times per week of traditional resistance training. Would you consider something like sled drags forwards and backwards enough stimulus to be considered a workout as its eccentric less (or concentric less I always forget) training??

You can create a hypertrophic adaptation with concentric only movements, for sure. You're gonna need those knees (or at least want to have them) down the road, so I'm for saving the joints.

Posted using TMuscle App

Yep, you'll want to keep a log. :)

Yeah, would very much be up for a UK camp - depending on who's fronting it UK-side.

Keep costs down - no overnight stays in a 5 star hotel included in the price, lol - and I think you'd have fierce interest at all vertices of the British Isles.

LOL - Always thought that was strange to limit costs with hotels like that. I typically try to find something cheap(er) whenever possible.

Totally agree with righty on the camp. There is a hardcore group of fans who have always stuck with the liking and writing of people like Leo Costa. Loads slagged him years back but I loved what he put of there.
I think his work represented to me just hard training. No fluff just ass kick work that left you screwed ina. Heap in the corner. Every time I've ran big beyond I got that worried nervousness as week 3 with limited rest period was coming up knowing that the work in the squat rack etc was just going to be brutal

LOL. This program is brutal, IMO, but the intentional variety helps a good bit with that feeling of impending doom. :)

can we turn this into a general Dr Scott question and answer thread? or is that being cheeky?:whistling:

I think we're already heading down the cheeky road. :)

(Guys, let me know if I miss a question. I'm sleeping when some of you are posting and the quoting isn't working across multiple pages of the thread, at least on this browser.)

-S

Pen paper reading glasses ready.

Here's hoping I can understand this.

Posted using TMuscle App

Sore eyes and sore wrist but think I've got it.

Looking forward to kicking it off on Tuesday.

Posted using TMuscle App

Back