From Fat And Deadlift To Mph And Bb(maybe Further Lol)

Discussion in 'Transformation Logs' started by Smirnov35power, Feb 28, 2018.

1. Smirnov35power

Smirnov35power Full Member

Hi there. I am 24 now, and i was doing powerlifting for some years. So had the best results 262,5kg at deadlift(90,8BW), and 162,5kg at Bench press(87,8BW). Also competed at Strict military press, and pressed 110kg(97BW) and i am a Russian junior record holder at that move))

But i am a bit bored of this, and after the new year started my preparation to Muscular MF competition, my weight gone down from 98,3kilos to 83kilos in two months, but i am still enough fatty)) My proportions are not bad but the condition is shitty, the contest is on this sunday, who knows maybe i wouldnt be the last))

Had an interesting experience with keto on 925cal per day, and i was close to death(as i think) a few days ago))
    And about "supplements" using 940test enanthate, and 310tren enanthate a week. This is obviously a mistake too, but i had not got an acess to short esters. Linked photos, are before and after.
    tell me what you think 1519834378690.jpg 1519834400477.jpg 1519834440064.jpg

Yogi_412, Simon and huntingground like this.

2. huntingground

huntingground Pencillus Maximus Competitor

Decent lifting, what was your squat?

Good luck in your goals, I cannot help as I would never swap BB for PL.

3. Smirnov35power

never competed in full lifting events, the best attempt in the gym was 202,5kg without wraps kneee sleeves and stuuff like that, full motion to the floor. My squat is below average, soi trained it as a deadlift helper only

huntingground likes this.
  4. Keys

Keys Full Member

Strong lifts and a decent overhead Press! How did you train it? I'm aiming for 110kg this year too.

I think the main thing you will have to do to succeed as a BB is switch your training mentality. I know when I've ever trained for hypertrophy, I've found it hard to change to higher reps (although progressive overload is still king!)

5. Smirnov35power

At first i must say that my front deltoids are pretty strong because, i was training my comptitive bench press with enough close hand position, and without "bridging" also i have enough long arms (my arm reach is 180cm, and my height is 174cm) so the deltoids were constantly hard working, and i was able to overhead press around 100kg without specific training.
    if we go to the training program for improvement in this single lift.
    It was smth like that
    72% of RM at first week for 6 reps, maybe 2-3sets
    75% of RM at second week for 5 reps, 2-3 sets
    79% of RM at third week for 4 reps 2-3 sets.

And i think it was good doing tricep extensions as an assistance work. My RM at this extensions is 75% of my BP RM, for example if i bench 100 kilos for a rep, than i would do a 75kg extension for 1 rep. That RM helps to count working sets.
    Was doing 60% for 10 reps, next week 65% for 8 reps, and then 72% for 6 repsas i remember. Number of sets was 5-6.

It was done after 3 sets of bench press at the same intensity. RM was corrected every week by 0,5kg, or 0,75kg depending on the amount of food and drugs. Stayed at around 750mg of test per week at that moment, and the food intake was 3400-3700ccals a day, mostly from easy carbs. My approach to nutricion was enough bad, maybe increasing the protein intake can be usefull, but the calories as think must be at least like 3500-4000.

and i can say as for me its good not to overtrain for PL success. Getting ready for single lift events, i trained twice a week.