Fruit/carbs

Biscuit_Boy

On a cutting diet would you have a couple of peices of fruit or some bread/rice everyday?

Having both pushes calories over my limit.

I feel fuller on a bit of toast with breakfast and rice with dinner but I don't want to miss out on my fruit.

Maybe I'm over thinking this ... lol.

i would eat fruit but at separate times from your meals.

remember fruit has bulk / fiber as well as lots of health properties, me personally would eat fruit. no reason not to!

remember its overall calories that will determine fat loss.

if you want rice eat rice. but i personally avoid bread.

remember fruit has bulk / fiber as well as lots of health properties, me personally would eat fruit. no reason not to!

Why at separate times. For me this is only a Gd idea when bulking as the sugar will increase apetite

That's what I'm saying mate, if I have fruit and rice or bread or whatever with meals then it will push me way over.

I've left fruit out like doink said and been hammering veg instead, seems to be working well for me at the moment, will rotate them if I want though, had a banana today for example.

depends what you're goal is tbh... I mean, you're obviously not fussed about getting into ketosis...so curious as to what kinda diet would prevent you having a slice of toast or a bit of fruit ? take calories from somewhere else to accommodate them..

That's what I'm saying mate, if I have fruit and rice or bread or whatever with meals then it will push me way over.

I've left fruit out like doink said and been hammering veg instead, seems to be working well for me at the moment, will rotate them if I want though, had a banana today for example.

you could have smaller portions to fit it all in to your daily allowance?

I just really like a balanced diet and fruit is a good source. i dont think you need to cut anything out in particular.
your a big lad so your cals shouldn't be that low?

how much of a deficit are you running mate?

Why at separate times. For me this is only a Gd idea when bulking as the sugar will increase apetite

i remember reading that it is not a good idea due to how the fruit is broken down, absorption etc, causing digestive problems n such things.
i will see if i can find something similar to what i read.... that will be better than me trying to explain it lol.

"This is because when fruit is eaten, the digestive process works very quickly and our body uses different enzymes to digest the fruit. The simple sugars contained in fruit need time to be completely absorbed by your body. When fruits are eaten alone, your stomach can more easily process all of the nutrients, fibre and the simple sugars contained in the fruit. This is the optimal 'proper way' to benefit from the fruit you eat. If you eat fruit close to a meal, especially right after a larger meal and combine with other foods, it's held in the stomach too long along with other foods and will rot and ferment in the gut. If you experience indigestion, heartburn, burping and and other digestive discomforts and you blame on the meal - it could be the combination of the food, the fermentation with fruit that causes your upset stomach. If left uncontrolled it could lead to other health problems that stem from the digestive tract."

What do you think mate? I am quite big on looking after my digestive system and just kinda took what i read as factual.

Is it a lot of rubbish in your opinion?

Hm true maybe I should drop my portions a bit to accommodate.

As for deficit, I'm not sure exactly, I try for 2k cals average a day but I get super strict with it and have actually found myself not wanting to hit my planned 2.5k on training days because I think it's too much. (I function perfectly fine on low carbs - 50 - 100g)

Maybe I need to nip this in the bud before I develop an eating disorder haha

What are people's views on glycogen from fructose?

I've read that fructose is converted to liver glycogen and not muscle glycogen, so wouldn't timing of fruit be important?

not sure on your current cardio routine, but maybe just chuck in some interval training get the heart rate up and burn some fat.

you dont need to be super strict mate, (unless that works for you). enjoy it too.

keep an eye on protein and overall cals. if you want carbs one day lower fats, and vice versa.

its all about what works for you though, sooo many different opinions and way to skin a cat. :)

Hm true maybe I should drop my portions a bit to accommodate.

As for deficit, I'm not sure exactly, I try for 2k cals average a day but I get super strict with it and have actually found myself not wanting to hit my planned 2.5k on training days because I think it's too much. (I function perfectly fine on low carbs - 50 - 100g)

Maybe I need to nip this in the bud before I develop an eating disorder haha

Calories seem very low. How heavy are you?

I dropped to 2k calories for a week but felt it sent progress backwards. I'm on 3k a day now and seem to be leaning up still (to be fair it's only my second week though). I'm only 75kg too.

i remember reading that it is not a good idea due to how the fruit is broken down, absorption etc, causing digestive problems n such things.
i will see if i can find something similar to what i read.... that will be better than me trying to explain it lol.

"This is because when fruit is eaten, the digestive process works very quickly and our body uses different enzymes to digest the fruit. The simple sugars contained in fruit need time to be completely absorbed by your body. When fruits are eaten alone, your stomach can more easily process all of the nutrients, fibre and the simple sugars contained in the fruit. This is the optimal 'proper way' to benefit from the fruit you eat. If you eat fruit close to a meal, especially right after a larger meal and combine with other foods, it's held in the stomach too long along with other foods and will rot and ferment in the gut. If you experience indigestion, heartburn, burping and and other digestive discomforts and you blame on the meal - it could be the combination of the food, the fermentation with fruit that causes your upset stomach. If left uncontrolled it could lead to other health problems that stem from the digestive tract."

What do you think mate? I am quite big on looking after my digestive system and just kinda took what i read as factual.

Is it a lot of rubbish in your opinion?

It depends what n why your eating the fruit imo.

Eating pineapple before a meal makes sense. AIDS digestion of meal and the meal may reduce GL of pineapple.

Berries for anti oxidents is eat with a meal

Fruit is mainly sugar. Any one into nutrition and body composition changes I would say wouldn't suggest to eat most fruits on there own. This imo is pretty obvious.

Also I'm yet to see any actually science including stomach checks of rotting blueberries cause they mixed them with oats [emoji23][emoji23]

I also found it best to be either high fat, low carb, or low fat, high carb. You seem to be pretty low on both fat and carbs.

Back