Get Your Tubs Out Boiz

Discussion in 'Supplements' started by JusJamin, Jun 30, 2020.

1. JusJamin

JusJamin Full Member

Almost at the end of the worst protein I've ever bought. The bodybuilding warehouse 4kg tub of pure unmixable filth. It was cheap so didn't expect much, just wanted to see if it was value for money and if you are poor as fuck, it certainly is however if you value your tastebuds, fuck it off.

So anyway, whats some half decent brands/flavours out there then?

2. TONY FERGUSON

TONY FERGUSON Winging my way to heaven as we speak, son. Full Member

There are some incredible branded protein flavours out there, but you have to be willing to pay a premium, and I'm not convinced it's worth it. Plus, many of the major brands were anonymously HPLC tested and came back underdosed. Bulk Powders and MyProtein on the other hand have consistently performed well during testing and if you bag the right sale, also come in consistently cheaper.

You can't go wrong with MyProtein Chocolate Caramel and Bulk Powders Chocolate Peanut IMO.

3. Sjundea

Sjundea Top Contributor

I've always liked BBW whey. Never had a bad flavour, usually go for a chocolate type, vanilla or strawberry. I use their isolate when I get my protein from them. What flavour and type did you get?

pooley1810 likes this.
  4. GolfDelta

GolfDelta Competitor

CNP whey concentrate/isolate blend with Astragin with Terry Holland’s code TERRY30 for 30% off. Some amazing flavours, summer trifle is awesome, creme egg (think it’s out of stock), cereal milk and loads of others. They reformulated their flapjacks too which used to be really dry and are now moist. Tried the choc, Lemon meringue and waiting on cherry almond arriving. Prob ends up costing slightly more than bulk suppliers but def a cut above and worth it.

JusJamin likes this.
  5. pooley1810

pooley1810 Moderator

Value for money, cant go wrong with bulk powders imo
    Usually get upto 40% off amongst other offers
    On the rare occasion I've had an issue their customer service is very good too

Sciatic, Greedy Ben and JusJamin like this.
  6. Reacher

Reacher Top Contributor

always found bulk powders to be ok
    generally look between myprotein and bulk powders to see who is cheapest at the time.
    all much of a muchness.

the Olympus whey that the guy who posted on here used to own ( Rick ? )
    was the best tasting stuff hands down but they're long gone now I think.

he was a sound bloke hope hes doin well.

7. JusJamin

JusJamin Full Member

8. Sjundea

Sjundea Top Contributor

That's not BBW I don't think, I think it's a company they sell. I could be wrong tho.
    I've used the black forest version in the mass gainer from that exact company. Tastes like a cherry bakewell tart and is lovely fwiw. It is full of cheap ingredients and not on par, but like you say it is cheap. I'd still expect it to be palatable tho.

JusJamin likes this.
  9. JusJamin

JusJamin Full Member

I don't mind paying a premium as it does show with difference in quality. Like, the stuff i have at the moment is thick, sticks to the shaker and can be lumpy as well as having a crap taste. However, the Rule1 stuff i've used previous to this mixes so well, its like drinking plain water for consistency and tastes great!

10. JusJamin

JusJamin Full Member

1 scoop is okay in terms of thickness of the drink. However two scoops turns it into a thick mcdonalds shake and you need almost a pint of water to drink it along with its dank taste! But like you said, its cheap and i knew that, was just hoping it was a diamond in the rough, turns out if was just shit amongst sand!

11. JusJamin

JusJamin Full Member

https://www.myprotein.com/sports-nutrition/impact-whey-protein/10530943.html

Went for this one in the end 5kg for £50 with discount applied. Nice small service size of 25g for 21g of protein compared to a BBW one which was higher price for 4.4kg though had 35g protein per serving however it was 50g serving size! Fingers crossed for no protein related toilet explosions and it doesn't take like utter dog shite!

12. GhostOf2Can

GhostOf2Can Top Contributor

This is what I use

Gainz on Gainz on Gainz for a reasonable price

13. mal

mal Top Contributor

Cant go wrong with myprotein, if you want a banded quality make, sci-tech isolate is spot on and zero bloat when dieting hard...and you can stir it in with a spoon and disolves very quick.

14. welshguy84

welshguy84 Competitor

That stuff tasted amazing. Im sute i still get emails from them

https://www.olympushealth.com/

huntingground and Reacher like this.
  15. welshguy84

welshguy84 Competitor

I either use myprotein or bulkpwders. Basically whichever comes kut cheapest at the time