Get Your Tubs Out Boiz

Discussion in 'Supplements' started by JusJamin, Jun 30, 2020.

1. OptimumPT

OptimumPT Full Member

2. Cell Death

Cell Death

I'm a myprotein user as well, cant beat the value. One thing I will say though is that you need to keep it simple with the flavours. Myprotein have got some really mad flavours and IME, they're mostly rank. I stick with chocolate brownie, salted caramel and strawberry dream I think its called. I use Whey Iso.

I've had a few free samples of some other flavours, lemon meringue pie and blueberry cheesecake are memorable, and not for the right reasons. Imagine buying a 5kg bag (as I do) and getting stuck with a flavour you can't even finish 1 shake of...

Also I blend mine in the nutri ninja when possible, massively improves the texture.

3. OptimumPT

OptimumPT Full Member

Have used MP in the past but found the quality/mix ability varied from time to time, due to where they sourced the whey I guess

4. JusJamin

JusJamin Full Member

I bought some Vanilla flavoured stuff before from somewhere, it tasted so rank I just gave it away! I've had a shake today and feel fine, i'm trying to figure out what exactly is causing it and whether it is the protein powder or not!

5. G-G

G-G Ex Competitor

Doyou have the whey on its own?
    Anything added like carbs?
    Water or milk?
    How much whey in a shake?

could simply be timing, if you’re necking it straight after training it might just be volume on your stomach

6. JusJamin

JusJamin Full Member

I get to work, make a coffee and a shake which is 1 scoop PP and then 1 scoop of Creatine. Same time, every week day and i only add water

7. G-G

G-G Ex Competitor

creatine can give some upset stomachs. Try without that to narrow down the cause.
    Worth a bash

8. Cell Death

Cell Death

Another aspect is when the brand refer to the flavour as "Natural". I think what they mean here is "Natural Vanilla" flavour as oppose to "fuckload of chemicals couldnt be any less natural vanilla" flavour.

Sounds like that's the one you gave away...

9. JusJamin

JusJamin Full Member

Well, who the fuck wants to drink natural vanilla flavour? Natural vanilla tastes like complete dog shit!