GP's go at training...

Discussion in 'Training Logs' started by Greyphantom, Feb 1, 2011.

1. welshguy84

welshguy84 Competitor

Training Log:
    Click Here
    Know where I am if you need to vent mate

Greyphantom likes this.

2. Greyphantom

Greyphantom Moderator

Training Log:
    Click Here
    cheers buddy, just got to blow off a few mental cobwebs...

welshguy84 likes this.
  3. Greyphantom

Greyphantom Moderator

Training Log:
    Click Here
    Bench

BP
    WU 40x2x5, 60x5, 80x4, 100x3, 110x2

120x8+1p
    110x10
    95x10

CGBP
    82.5x10
    77.5x12
    70x11

Flyes
    20x10
    25x10
    27.5x8
    30x4

Side raises (1ct, 75secs)
    15x17
    15x12

DB preacher curls
    22.5x13
    17.5x15

better day today although coming down with a cold or something... got my blood test results back and while a couple of values were a little high it was mostly down to fasting/dehydration and extra muscle mass and jaundice as a child... but pretty much all ok...

BP - felt really good... warm ups went really well... top set felt pretty good only missed the 9th due to not locking out, just 2 inches and it would have gone... the press just died... 110 felt pretty decent too and chest felt demolished after... 95 I didnt quite hit the target but chest was very sore and pumped...

CGBP - yeah just gotta keep on pressing... to add to the sore chest and pump we hit the tris a little more... again didnt quite hit the target on the first set but nailed the others...

Flyes - first 3 sets went pretty well although I only just made the 8th on 27.5 and as was told to keep going till cant make 8 I went for 30kg... haha well I tried...

Side raises - surprisingly these felt really good but man did they hit the delts hard... that 1 ct at the top kills...

DB preachers - oh yeah just to add to the sore chest, tris and delts cane the biceps... damn they got hit...

def a better workout today... chest delts and arms feeling shot... gooood... got a damn cold coming on though which is a pain... hopefully its just cos I was up most of the night not sleeping... hot bath and sleep we will see...

JB, huntingground and welshguy84 like this.
  4. JB

JB KFC Sponsored Athlete Top Contributor

Training Log:
    Click Here
    Since when did you fast haha

5. welshguy84

welshguy84 Competitor

Training Log:
    Click Here
    He's never done anything fast

JB likes this.
  6. Greyphantom

Greyphantom Moderator

Training Log:
    Click Here
    lol smart arse... I did it while sleeping lol... had to not eat for 14 hours prior to test, but I didnt drink either which was a bit silly...

JB likes this.
  7. Greyphantom

Greyphantom Moderator

Training Log:
    Click Here
    yes I do, fast asleep... see... :D

welshguy84 likes this.
  8. Greyphantom

Greyphantom Moderator

Training Log:
    Click Here
    bench

BP (2ct long pause)
    WU (normal) - 40x2x5, 60x5, 80x4, 100x3

120x2
    130x2
    140x2
    145x1+1p

TNG
    125x6
    115x7
    105x6

Inc BP
    85x8
    75x8
    65x12

Dips
    BW+15x7
    BW+5x12

finished there... been hectic lately as had so much to do and also a touch of man flu...

BP - felt great up till 145 second rep... hip started tightening and leg drive was not well timed so lost the oomph about 2/3 way up and couldnt recover... first rep felt good though but holding it on chest for a count of 2 seemed a bit long lol...

TNG - felt good till last couple of reps when the hip went crampy... managed to hit the target though but ideally should have got at least 1 or even 2 more... next set went a bit better but the third sort of stalled again...

Inc BP - felt much better than last time... second set not as good as I was hoping... last set went really well...

Dips - felt good this week... usually a bit of a bug bear of mine... but kept it together and managed to do ok...

feeling better than I have in a long time, managed to get full meals in today instead of just bits... hopefully will be able to push it a bit now so can put the weight back on...

life is just a bit over the top atm, will settle a bit after this weekend which will be fvcking fantastic as can get back into training properly again as have missed a few days in the last few weeks due to life and getting stuff done for the mrs... which has been as appreciated as a skid mark in a set of tidy whities... but after this weekend should be back to normal...

9. Greyphantom

Greyphantom Moderator

Training Log:
    Click Here
    Deads and squats

Deads
    WU 120x2x5, 170x5, 210x3, 250x1

282.5x2x2

FS
    WU 70x4, 100x4

*belt on*

120x4x4

Lunges
    70x15
    57.5x22

Hammer pd (90s)
    WU 60x8

80x15
    70x15
    60x16

all I had time for today... man it was enough tbh... bit knackered as sleep was dodge last night and had to clean up the back yard this afternoon...

Deads - warm ups actually felt really good... first set of 282.5 felt strong and fast... was toying with the idea of going to 302.5 as suggested if felt good but tbh played it safe and just went 282.5 again as per plan... second set first rep was a bit meh but the second felt way better, better line and just snappy...

FS - again played it a bit safe as back was a bit tender but went quick enough... well except the last set when the last rep felt slow... quads hit quite nicely...

Lunges - dammit... first set legs just sore as hell... second set killed them... cursing Digs good name... how many reps Dig... how many!!!???

Hammer PD - first set nice, hit the lats nicely and felt good... second set, holy sh... jebus... lats screaming and it def hit in all the right places... third set was even worse... I had to work myself up to it a bit and man my back was crying...

great session but a little rushed again... was a bit miffed that I didnt do more on the deads tbh but then I thought well still got 2 sets of 2 at 282.5 so thats alright then... suitably battered and looking forward to next week...

JB, plod and huntingground like this.
  10. Greyphantom

Greyphantom Moderator

Training Log:
    Click Here
    Squats

Squats
    WU 70x2x5, 100x5, 130x3, 160x2, 180x2, 200x2, *belt on* 220x2

240x2
    235x2
    215x8

Front squats
    125x4x3

Lunges
    110x8

GHR
    BWx11, 10, 8, 7

ooooooh jebus... been a little bit since last did a back squat session really... about a month as it happens...

Squats - oh felt so good up till the top set... got 200 with no belt and it felt good... 240 first rep was only to parallel as felt the ham just stretch a little... but 2nd rep felt spot on and good... no twinge... 235 went really well and felt good... 215 went better than expected and felt like throwing up after :D quads well shagged...

FS - snappy quick deep and good... really felt good here, but still need to work on keeping elbows up high... quads got hit in a different place and different way but man they were humming after the last set...

Lunges - noooooooo dammit... aim was 8rm and I think I pretty much nailed it at 110 today... quads were battered and felt tingly all over... last couple of reps on last leg were slow and hard... did it though...

GHR - wow they really get right into the glutes and hams... hams felt pretty good on these which was nice as was a little concerned as its been a little bit of a bugbear in the last couple of squat sessions... went really well though...

ffs legs were shivering and felt done... quads were already sore and sitting on the glutes was not comfortable... felt a good session though...

JB, Greedy Ben and huntingground like this.
  11. Greyphantom

Greyphantom Moderator

Training Log:
    Click Here
    Bench

BP
    WU 40x2x5, 60x5, 80x4, 100x3 *2ct pause for all from now* 115x1, 125x1

135x2
    140x2x2

TNG
    127.5x5
    107.5x10
    100x9

CGBP
    85x3x8

Dips
    BW+5kg x14
    BW+5kg x9

Flyes (3-4s negative)
    22.5x8+1p
    17.5x11

DB preacher curls (r/p)
    22.5x16/8/5

holy jebus...

BP - warm ups felt brilliant... 125 felt lightest its ever been... 135 felt heavy sort of but flew up really got a good groove... carried on to 140... felt very good... last set I thought was going to be a bit tough but managed to nail it really well... very happy with it tbh... keeping tighter and getting more back involved... up on traps better and generally just finding the line better...

TNG - first set was not as good as hoped... aim was 6+ but hip started tightening on rep 3... pushed on but rep 5 was just the end... had legs too far under so adjusted that for next set and it went far better... last set was much the same... chest was feeling it a bit...

CGBP - first set was the less comfortable set here... got a better set up on 2nd and 3rd sets... went really well...

Dips - first set felt good... nice and deep and good drive up... 2nd set started that way and I was hoping for 10 but at 8 I knew I would be lucky to hit 9 and as it turns out I was... 9th was a bit dodgy but def no more there...

Flyes - oh that negative rep... its a killer... missed the rep target on first set... beat it on 2nd... chest was fried...

DB preacher - oh ffs Dig you wan.... rest pause killed... arms toast... probably cried a little here... first bit went well... second was what the hell and 3rd was you fvcking barsteward... arms killed dead...

great session today, put off from yesterday as ham glute and quad doms was horrendous... felt a bit better today so hit the gym and loved it... weighed in this morning and after 2 months of not eating properly the damage is 111.5kg sigh... lost 7.5 but I am eating again properly and hope to put a little more away besides... sleeps been pretty decent but not long... so quality over quantity but tbh I would like quantity and quality...

JB and Greedy Ben like this.
  12. Greyphantom

Greyphantom Moderator

Training Log:
    Click Here
    Deads

Block pulls
    WU 120x2x5, 170x5, 210x5

250x8

Deads
    WU 170x3, 200x2

225x2x5

BOR
    155x14
    120x17

Rev BOR
    BW+10x12
    BW+10x9
    BW+10x8

Seated Rows (R/P)
    120x22/11/8

oh holy hell... back is shot... so much pain but so much pleasure...

Block pulls - go up to 8rm was the goal... did 250 but thinking 260 would have gone just as well, maybe a little more... felt pretty good tbh which is good as usually I have trouble with block pulls getting the right position or form...

Deads - speed work and how... first 225 went so fast it was unreal... just flew up... second set first 3 reps went just as quick with the 4th and 5th going a tad slower... felt awesome...

BOR - was a bit iffy here but just got on with it and tbh surprised myself... nice solid reps with the 120 being even stricter and a little more than the boss called for (sorry boss) but went really well... just couldnt be ar$ed with changing the bar round...

Rev BOR - adding 10kg shouldnt make it that much harder... but it sure as hell hit the upper back that much more... really good work... felt stronger than expected... back fvcked by the end though...

Seated rows - oh come on... just not cricket... rest freaking paused... dammit... first bit supposed to be 20+ and I was thinking yeah right... damn if I didnt get 22... back was done and fighting the puke... second bit was pretty woeful... last one not much more in the way of redemption...

Back is done... so so sore... so much awesome... great way to finish the training week... body def got some gains well it better had...

Greedy Ben and doink like this.
  13. doink

doink Top Contributor

G to da P! How's things old bean?

Are you aware of any decent gyms in Kent mate? Herne bay sort of end?

Probably won't need to train when I'm down there but it's always good to have the option!

Nice one mate!

14. Greyphantom

Greyphantom Moderator

Training Log:
    Click Here
    yeah good mostly mate... folkestone theres Als Hi Rep gym, real old school...

Olympia gym in Ashford which are not too far... would have to delve into some locals to get any more... @JB knows a few that are more obscure...

doink and JB like this.
  15. JB

JB KFC Sponsored Athlete Top Contributor

Training Log:
    Click Here

@doink

Herne bay is on the other coast isn't it. Id say an hour drive from there to Ashford? Maybe similar to Folkestone which like you say has Alan's gym cracking old school powerlifting gym. The other gyms I know are a little Further away from ashford & Folkestone and yes more obscure to get too.

In fact thinking about it @Jim might be better as he had his place over that side of the world haha.

doink likes this.