GP's go at training...

Discussion in 'Training Logs' started by Greyphantom, Feb 1, 2011.

1. G-G

G-G Competitor

Training Log:
    Click Here
    Shifting some weight there pal. Bor's are very impressive as is 250x8!

2. Jim

Jim 2x British Champ Competitor

Training Log:
    Click Here
    I live 40 mind away lol
    There a few gyms over that way

doink and JB like this.
  3. doink

doink Top Contributor

Cheers gents, I'll have a Google and see@

4. Greyphantom

Greyphantom Moderator

Training Log:
    Click Here
    thanks matey, means a lot coming from your good self... back is in bits today tbh... tomorrow should be fun... loving training atm...

LittleLiam and G-G like this.
  5. Greyphantom

Greyphantom Moderator

Training Log:
    Click Here
    Squats

Squats (4reps rpe 9)
    WU 70x2x5, 100x5, 130x3, 160x2, 180x2, 200x2 *belt on* 220x2

240x4
    227.5x4

FS
    130x4
    127.5x4
    125x4

SLDL (8 rep rpe 8)
    170x8

Lunges
    100x10

GHR
    BW+5x10
    BW+5x8

oh ffs that was just plain dumb...

Squats - well warm ups went really well... so well that 220 felt so good that I thought yeah will do 240 as feeling up for it... d1ck... got 3 reps out quite nicely 4th was quite a push and even though if you held a gun to my head I might have tried for a 5th, I might have just taken the bullet too... it was 50/50 tbh... quads were trembling and numb... so of course I went for 227.5 down set... yeah... did it and it went alright as it happens except my legs forgot how to walk properly... wow good sets... stopped there as that was about it (if it had have been easier on the 227 I would have gone for another set of 4 as instructed but that 240 killed any chance of that)...

FS - felt very good today... raped the quads a little more though and at the end I was just shuffling a bit... had to do the funky leg dance thing as they were really sore... but def hit them well on this...

SLDL - was hoping for a bit more weight on the bar tbh... but this felt about right today... might have done 180 but it would have been a little higher on the rpe chart methinks...

Lunges - oh ffs... I so didnt want to do these today... and after doing them I knew I was right lol... legs done... more than done... they were numb and tingly...

ghr - awww dammit Dig... felt pretty decent as it happens but damn if my hams and glutes didnt get hammered...

ok a bit more of a session than I first planned and glad on the one hand I went for 240 but also giving myself a b1tch slap for being silly... my legs are in so much pain atm... but as sick as I am I actually kind of enjoy it lol... Dig informs me this is a 4 rep pb which is nice but I would rather have the use of my legs :D

thank god its a rest day tomorrow... well weights wise...

6. Greyphantom

Greyphantom Moderator

Training Log:
    Click Here
    my legs are fvcking ruined today... last night just couldnt get them to settle... I am going to slap Dig with a salmon when I see him next...

doink, Greedy Ben, plod and 2 others like this.
  7. plod

plod Top Contributor

Training Log:
    Click Here
    Make sure you're standing next to a dock

ImageUploadedByT-Muscle1482257141.522758.jpg

8. LittleLiam

LittleLiam Competitor

Training Log:
    Click Here

Hey, you leave me out of this!

doink and Greyphantom like this.
  9. Greyphantom

Greyphantom Moderator

Training Log:
    Click Here
    yep pick you right up and smack Dig with you :D

LittleLiam likes this.
  10. Greyphantom

Greyphantom Moderator

Training Log:
    Click Here
    Bench

BP
    WU 40x2x5, 60x5, 80x4, 100x3, 110x2, 120x2

127.5x5
    117.5x6
    105x7

IP
    87.5x6
    70x9
    70x10

oh so done... went into today feeling a bit crap and after 100 on BP just knew it was not going to be a great session...

BP - got some aches and pains today whcih manifested even at 40 but it went well enough that at first I thought it would go ok... 100 felt really decent and then things sort of just stopped... 110 felt ok weight wise but each rep things ached all over... forearms in particular but holding the position made my back ache a bit and shoulders and pecs were just not happy either... 120 was much the same weight was fine but just had no ooomph... 127.5 started ok first 3 reps fired up nicely but then not so much... dropped the weight and it felt like I hadnt dropped it at all... dropped again and again it was like I hadnt dropped it... wtaf... chest was feeling it though...

IP - ok now this was just off... 87.5 felt more like 120... had to re-rack it and take it out again which felt better but was just meh... 70 felt ok but it bl00dy well should as its light...

just done so left it here... a couple of thoughts as to why its meh... just an off day is one and the other is I am trying a new supplement brand so might have a touch of a special kind of flu which happens with some brands... means I should have taken some paracetamol and ibuprofen before which would have helped a lot... had a hot bath last night and that helped a lot with the legs (still sore today but not as much) and will have another tonight... had to train tonight as tomorrow the mrs is off and wants to do some family sh... uh I mean stuff...

Greedy Ben and JB like this.
  11. Greyphantom

Greyphantom Moderator

Training Log:
    Click Here
    Deads

Block pulls
    WU 120x2x5, 170x5, 210x3, 250x1

290x3

Deads (speed)
    WU 170x3, 210x2

230x2x5

Rev grip PD
    82.5x18
    82.5x15
    82.5x12

Seated rows
    140x16
    140x12

Rev BOR
    bw+15x10
    bw+15x8

oh holy hell... thats a good session...

Block - usually a bit of a weak movement for me but its been pretty decent... got to 250 and it felt pretty good so just went straight on to 290 and that felt good... got a good strong triple, another rep was there I feel and if really pushed I might have possibly got a 5th... but thats not for sure...

Deads - dropping to 170 to warm up was a laugh as first rep ripped from the floor like it was 290 and it damn near put me on my ar$e... both sets at 230 felt great, fast and light enough... second set felt better this week than last week at a higher weight...

Rev grip pd - again felt way better than in past... nice and strong lats punished suitably... strong on all three sets and better form...

Seated rows - oh man... went well but mid back took a smacking... felt good and strong though... just ouchie...

Rev BOR - ffs Dig 15 really... these feel really good but damn they are tough... esp at the end of the workout... was just done after these...

redemption after wed effort... def an effect from certain supplements I am on atm, just started a new brand and it is just settling in... so will take on a monday now which will be fine by wed... todays session went well and really happy with the triple, but thinking hmmm should I have tried 300 :D :D always the way...

its xmas weekend so got some port and baileys in the fridge to keep me suitably gained up... also gonna eat myself stupid and see if I cant put some more weight back on... back to 113 this week so its a start...

JB and Greedy Ben like this.
  12. Greyphantom

Greyphantom Moderator

Training Log:
    Click Here
    Squats

Squats
    WU 70x2x5, 100x5, 130x3, 160x2, 180x2 noooooo felt right IT band give a little, 200x2 *belt on* 220x1, 235x1

250x2
    237.5x2

FS
    132.5x3

SLDL
    160x3x8

left it there... DB lunges not done as leg felt a bit iffy and tbh I really dont want to push it...

Squats - felt great to start... weights were flying felt really good in the hole and just moved so well... prob got a bit complacent cos 2nd on 180 felt my IT band give a little... thought ffs... tried 200 and it felt ok... it was a form issue I am pretty sure as I think I let my knee track in a little more than I should hence the twinge... 220 belt went on and felt ok... 235 felt a bit heavier than I would like tbh... 250 surprisingly felt pretty decent... but man my quads felt it... went down to 237.5 for some doubles but only got the one as legs were just not quite right...

FS - weight felt fine... first 2 felt really good but on the 3rd the IT band gave a bit of a shout so just left it there...

SLDL - oh come on... went pretty well as it happens but hams and glutes got a battering... weight moved fast and felt fine...

wow... quads are so sore in that deep worked hard kind of way... hams and glutes soon joined them after the sldl... bit miffed about the IT band but at least it didnt impede the workout too much... and I dont think its going to be much of a problem... at least I hope...

JB likes this.
  13. Greyphantom

Greyphantom Moderator

Training Log:
    Click Here
    Bench

BP 2ct paused (2min)
    WU 40x2x5, 60x5, 80x4, 95x3

105x5x6

CGBP
    90x9
    82.5x10
    75x11

DB flye/press hybrid
    20x12
    17.5x16
    17.5x15

Lat raise (1min)
    20x16
    15x18
    10x20

EZ curls
    50x16
    50x14
    50x11

oh good grief... legs were just not happy this morning but by the afternoon they were better... felt loads better this week compared to last...

BP - first few sets went really well and strong... faded a bit on the 4th and the fifth was def the one to leave it... felt good though and strong... shorter rest than I am used to on the bench but made out ok...

CGBP - these went really well... good form and technique and put loads into it so got a decent result...

DB flye/press - a hybrid movement where I bend the arms a bit more than a normal flye and it sort of has a press feel about it... great stretch and feel through the whole pec area... went a little light on the first set as should prob have done at least 22.5 prob even 25... felt it good though...

Lat raise - holy jebus... delts got a good smashing here today... the short rest between sets and always looking for more reps... thought it would be a bit easier but nope it just burned more...

EZ curls - now why should the delts have all the fun :D wow got a great feel on these today and biceps were caned...

good session today and happy enough... bit tired as last night sleep was pretty rubbish due to legs aching so much... that great deep worked hard ache... hot bath helped a bit but not as much as I hoped... feeling pretty good re the work outs atm...

JB likes this.
  14. Greyphantom

Greyphantom Moderator

Training Log:
    Click Here
    Deads

Deads
    WU 120x2x5, 170x5, 210x3

235x5

BOR
    185x6
    172.5x10
    160x12

Seated rows
    155x13
    145x14/9/6 (R/P)

Hammer PD
    85x13
    70x14
    60x16+1p

dammit... light speed deads but the rest was a bit ffs...

Deads - felt odd stopping at 235 but was a speed seat with no heavy work as squats were so late in the week... went fast enough but def feeling the 3 workouts in a row... arms a bit fatigued from yesterday...

BOR - awww maaaan... only got the target of 6 on the top set... upper back was a bit shocked to say the least... did better on the second set... but only got the target on the last set... arms def a factor here but did alright, upper back was well done by the end... after the last set I thought well that wasnt so bad... then I relaxed when letting go the weight and ffs thats when it hit...

Seated rows - great, more evil doing... first set not too bad in the scheme of things, good feel and nice work... second ffs rest pause... back did not like that...

Hammer grip pd - just to finish off all my back throw in some lat work... felt pretty good if that burning feeling is supposed to be good lol...

good workout today, bit taxing having all three one after the other but needs must...

JB and huntingground like this.
  15. Greyphantom

Greyphantom Moderator

Training Log:
    Click Here
    Sqauts

Squats (rpe8)
    WU 70x2x5, 100x5, 130x3, 160x2, 180x2, 200x2 *belt on* 215x2

230x4

FS (2 min break till cant do 3)
    132.5x4x3

SLDL
    175x8

DB lunges (taking steps on spot)
    38.5x2x8

meh session... just mentally not into as I would have liked as things would pop into my head to shake my focus... I hate that...

Squats - pretty decent warm ups... top set the weight felt pretty good, just on that last rep I lost a bit of focus and allowed myself to collapse forward a little, not a problem but shouldnt happen at this weight...

FS - felt really good weight wise, first 2 sets were nice and easy 3rd the 3rd rep was a little difficult and the last set my form started to break a little more than I would like so left it there...

SLDL - nice easy 8... felt good and great ham/glute involvement...

DB lunges - did steps in place on these... really felt it in the quads in a different way... first set was all over the place as felt like a new born deer... 2nd went far better as I got used to the movement and technique...

overall a decent enough session but I just dont like losing focus... IT band etc did not give me any trouble at all... felt really good today and felt strong, just a bit meh a time or two...

JB likes this.