GP's go at training...

Discussion in 'Training Logs' started by Greyphantom, Feb 1, 2011.

1. Greyphantom

Greyphantom Moderator

Training Log:
    Click Here
    Bench... well...

BP
    WU 40x2x5, 60x5, 80x4, 100x3 *115x2, 130x1

140x1

2ct pause
    130x2

stopped there... warm ups for bench started really well... light and easy up till the 115 set... then my right arm started hurting a bit, humerus half way down between the bi and tri... (after some playing it starts when the bar is near the bottom of the movement and when initiating the drive up its a bit sharp but more a sharp ache)... not sure what that was about so went 130 which felt a bit heavier than it should but went up ok... did 140 as the first top set and nope the ommph from the bottom was just not working...

soooo tried the lighter weight for a 2ct pause set... supposed to be triples but only managed two... toyed for a second with doing a third but arm was playing on my mind... ended it there...

now very aggro and wondering wtf is going on... sleep last night was a bit pants and I woke up in some odd positions so maybe I slept on it funny or what have you and so its a bit off... lifting my arm up is fine... rotating my should is all good except for when the movement stress my upper arm... usually when I flare my elbows... pants...

JB likes this.

2. JB

JB KFC Sponsored Athlete Top Contributor

Training Log:
    Click Here
    Getting Old mate id just rap it all in

CJ and Greyphantom like this.
  3. Greyphantom

Greyphantom Moderator

Training Log:
    Click Here
    Deads (Sat 07 Jan 17)

Block pulls
    WU 120x2x5, 170x5, 210x3, 250x1, 280x1 (sort of)

ffs... got to 280 felt fine from the blocks but on lock out felt a pull in my lat near the insertion by the arm... soft lock out, put weight down... felt sore so I of course thought, lets try another... got to thighs and nope lat was really sore so put the bar down and left it... aaarrrrgghhh... was a bit worried but over the day it started easing off and by sunday it was only aching not painful and no bruising or anything so just a pull... its now all good... well I am sure it is anyway... got a telling off for not doing enough mobility work which is true... so will have to incorporate more into my training...

JB likes this.
  4. Greyphantom

Greyphantom Moderator

Training Log:
    Click Here
    lol mate dont you start... feeling old atm, but had a good sleep today so much better...

JB likes this.
  5. Greyphantom

Greyphantom Moderator

Training Log:
    Click Here
    Squats

Squats
    WU 70x2x5, 100x5, 130x3, 160x2, 180x2, 200x2, *belt on* 220x1, 235x1

245x1
    255x1

2ct Paused
    190x3
    180x3

FS
    WU 110x3, 125x3

137.5x3

DB lunges
    39.75x10
    39.75x8

GHR (very slow -ve)
    BW+10kg x2x5

oh boy... mrs has been called away to NY for work (got told friday) so I have spent a lazy couple of days just sleeping and resting really... shouldnt but there you go...

Squats - just felt so on today... nothing felt heavy at all... not even the 255... warm ups were great... 245 went up pretty quick and felt strong... 255 took the weight and felt good... was focusing on making sure my depth was good so really making sure it was forefront of the mind, and then when in the hole realised I should have also been cue-ing myself for the damn drive up out of the hole too lol... went up ok and smooth but slow... slower than I would have liked tbh... still I reckon 260 would have been the same today... legs felt surprisingly ok after that... for about 15-30 secs then they went wobbly...

2ct - light weights here so quick and easy, snappy out of the hole and nice drive...

FS - felt very good... fast and deep and kept form too... bonus...

DB lunges - holy hera... the david of lifting, squats being the goliath but these little buggers knock you about too... form was much better and it told when my quads felt like butter after... very wobbly legs...

GHR - man Dig is a SOB... very slow negs... oh my poor hams and glutes... great way to finish the session...

been feeling a bit tired lately but have been catching up on some zzzzz's which has been good... niggles seem all cleared up and feeling great... got a solid 7 hours sleep last night too which is awesome... felt good today in training... got to go to NZ at the end of the month for my brothers wedding so want to be working it hard right up till then, will also get a few sessions in while over there...

JB likes this.
  6. JB

JB KFC Sponsored Athlete Top Contributor

Training Log:
    Click Here
    Partying are you pal

7. Greyphantom

Greyphantom Moderator

Training Log:
    Click Here
    I wish mate, its fvcking old age... :D

JB likes this.
  8. Greyphantom

Greyphantom Moderator

Training Log:
    Click Here
    Bench

BP
    WU 40x2x5, 60x5, 80x4, 100x3

115x9
    105x10
    95x9

CGBP
    80x12
    80x9
    80x8

DB press/flyes hybrid
    20x16
    20x13

Dips (very slow controlled negatives)
    BWx6
    BWx5

Seated Deadstop EZ curls
    27.5x15
    22.5x18
    17.5x20

pretty decent session today...arm was fine but lacking a bit of power and oomph on the end of the sets...

BP - didnt quite make the target reps today, just lost it on the last few reps... felt pretty good though... chest got a bit of a decent workout...

CGBP - made the targets here but man felt this working hard as well... tris got nailed pretty well but chest also got a bit of a hammering...

DB flye/press - still getting the hang of these but can feel them sort of spread the chest... felt good...

Dips - oh ffs... controlled slow negatives... jebus these hit the triceps really hard... did not get the number of reps I thought...

EZ deadstop - bar down to quads then up again... dropped the weight quite a bit as not done these before and prob went a bit too light... hit the biceps in a different way and a bit "lower" down... thought 17.5 would be a breeze, but nope biceps done...

much better today even though I didnt quite make the initial sets targets... chest feels well trained, arms too, tris got a kicking off the dips which I didnt expect... well not as much... feeling good...

JB likes this.
  9. Greyphantom

Greyphantom Moderator

Training Log:
    Click Here
    Deads

Block pulls
    WU 120x2x5, 170x5, 210x3, 250x1, 280x1

300x2+1p

Deads (speed)
    WU 170x3, 210x3

240x5

Seated Rows
    140x4x10

Rev BOR (slow negs)
    BWx10
    BWx9

well that went ok I spose...

Blocks - felt so on today, warm ups went well and felt fine... lat did not complain even a little and all pulls felt much better... top set was 300... ah pants... did the first 2 and they felt so good and switched on I knew a 3rd was there... went up for the 3rd and dammit could not get the hips through, prob my own fault as I was so happy with the first 2 I sort of didnt focus enough on nailing and maintaining the 3rd... son of a...

Deads - 170 felt like nothing, just light af... 210 was a little better and then the main set which I didnt expect to move so fast tbh went amazingly well... just a lot faster than I expected but probably not as fast as I would like lol... so happy after these...

Seated rows - again felt really good and kept the reps as strict as possible with little movement to generate momentum, just the pull through the back and it felt good... solid fast reps and strong...

Rev BOR - damn Dig and his slow negatives... holy cow they add a component all their own... first set got a good 10, back was grumbling though... second set the 9th was a drive and dig deep... tried to go as slow as possible on the neg but back said nope pow down I went lol...

yeah good session today, felt pretty happy with it mostly just wanted that 3rd rep on the top set of blocks... stupid hips... it was there but just couldnt complete ffs... back is nicely toasted and feeling it atm...

plod, doink, JB and 2 others like this.
  10. Lonerism

Lonerism Top Contributor

Haven't checked in here in a while, good to see you still going at it oldbrah :D

Greyphantom likes this.
  11. Greyphantom

Greyphantom Moderator

Training Log:
    Click Here
    Hey buffbruh... good to see youre still about... yeah still pushing as much as I can at this feeble old age :D

Lonerism likes this.
  12. Lonerism

Lonerism Top Contributor

Buffbrah?, I'm tiny bro :lol:
    And yeah I'm still around mate, just retired the journal a bit still around for the lols though and always enjoy your write ups too, you tell it like it is even though half of it is whinging!

doink, Greyphantom and JB like this.
  13. Greyphantom

Greyphantom Moderator

Training Log:
    Click Here
    the whinging is a by product of being old :D youll get there...

plod, doink and Lonerism like this.
  14. Lonerism

Lonerism Top Contributor

Am I gonna be harping on endlessly about the weather too?

Sounds like a nightmare/10

Greyphantom likes this.
  15. Greyphantom

Greyphantom Moderator

Training Log:
    Click Here
    oh weather... you youngsters dont know about weather, in my day we had to walk to work in the snow up hill both ways... and it was that proper snow not the light stuff you get these days...

Lonerism likes this.