75x11
75x8

Dips
BW+15x3x5
BW+15x3

Lat raises
20x2x12
20x15

decent enough session today... legs as expected a bit achey... walking up the stairs to our bedroom last night was sheer horror...

Bench - warm ups to 100 felt great and solid, 100 felt a bit heavy for some reason but 115 felt spot on and easier than 100... hmmm... top set of 127.5 felt good and strong... went to 130 and that felt pretty good but hit the jhook on the 2nd rep and while I got the 3rd rep ok I went for the wimpy option of dropping back to 127.5 but should have done 130 again... that 127.5 felt really good and the last set while not easy also felt pretty decent... chest was feeling a bit worked

IP - first set went well enough but lost the drive on rep 7... got the 8th but wanted more... next two sets were supposed to have a couple more reps on each but again just lost that oomph and reps ran out...

Dips - first 2 sets went well 3rd was hard but made it ok and was told if hard then drop the weight but I decided to go for it and see if I couldnt get that last set of 5... nope... oh well... still by this stage chest was well done and tris also feeling it...

Lat raises - went better than expected... first set felt great, 2nd not as good but the 3rd had that groove back and felt it working well again...

felt good today... deads tomorrow...

Deads

Deads
WU 120x2x5, 170x5, 210x3, 240x1

257.5x2x3

Romanian Deads
160x8
200x8

Rack BOR deadstop
155x10
145x11
130x13

Chins
BW+5x2x6
BW+5x8

Db curls (one arm then the next)
30/25x8/6
25/20x9x6

holy crumbs

Deads - warms ups went pretty well as it happens... helped loosen up some aching bones for sure... top sets actually went better than expected quicker and smoother... was feeling pretty wiped out as sleep as not been optimal and training 3 days on the trot has had a bit of an impact... first set was solid and form really decent... kept the bar close and that made a diff... 2nd was slightly better... felt a bit faster oddly too...

RDL - havent done these for a while and holly hell they hit my glutes quite hard... def more posterior involvement felt...

BOR - yeah these worked... first set was good and did better than expected... felt it hitting my upper middle back really nicely... 2nd set felt a little off but still decent... 3rd was really good still feeling it now tbh...

Chins - not a strong ex for me but went alright today... used straps on the last set though...

DB curls - a little different and it felt a bit weird but good... arms def got hit well...

and just as I finished got a phone call I had to pick up the daughter as the buses werent running... found out it was due to a possible jumper who blocked off the whole of the town centre... sigh... good workout today though... got orders though to make sure I try utmost to hit M W F so I get a day between each session... yeah I agree as it happens lol... happy enough with this week... also appetite seems to be increasing which is a good thing...

hmmm not sure what to call this day now... umm day 1...

Squats
WU 70x2x5, 100x5, 130x3, 160x3, 185x2

202.5x2x3
*belt on*
202.5x3x3

Rack squats
180x2x5

BP (comp paused after 80kg)
WU 40x2x5, 60x5, 80x4, 95x3

105x5x2

Flyes
20x3x8

Deadstop db ext
10x2x15

ok start of a different phase of program for me... based on hatfields 80 day peaking program but with quite a bit of personalisation

Squats - went really well... warm ups felt great... 130 felt like 60 used to and 202.5 was strong and fast... did the first 2 top sets with no belt but added that in on the 3rd... smooth and decent... legs felt mostly ok after... little sore but not too bad...

Rack squats - again good sets and strong, keeping tight in the hole a lot better and strong drive out... felt good...

BP - pretty light tbh, some slight niggle in one of my forearms but prob due to hitting them so soon after squats... comp pauses on every rep after the 80kg warm up from now on... yay... top sets went well enough, quick and smooth...

Flyes - pretty easy here, was quite light tbh but good stretch...

Deadstop db ext - hmmmm still get elbow issue on the heavier weight but that could be due to crappy form... tried 15 and that flared the elbow plus felt a bit heavier than I expected so I dropped the weight and it went ok... 2nd set was better as found the form and technique... will work that from now on...

went better than I expected but its early days yet... its going to be interesting thats for sure... looking forward to seeing how it progresses...

Day 2

BOR
WU 60x8, 100x8, 130x5

150x3x8

Rev grip PD
80x3x10

Facepulls
40x3x15

Seated DB power cleans
15x15
15x14
15x12

DB curls
15x2x15
15x13

just a lighter day today... but still felt my back working esp on the devils seated db power cleans...

BOR - prob a little light tbh should have hit 160 I think... still a good feel in the back and went smooth and strong enough...

Rev PD - again a little light, today could have gone 90 I reckon... felt good and strong and lats had a nice work out...

Facepulls - yeah ok these were spot on and man I felt them working... upper back was starting to feel it

DB power cleans - son of a... damn these hit hard... forgot how much tbh, upper back was in bits as well as a few other areas... tbh love them even though they are hard...

Curls - a bit light I thought but soon found out they were about right... arms burning and worked...

nice and simple today, deads will be on this day I think... start again next week with those... and reading the next 3 weeks training numbers I am really starting to not like Dig... you hear that Dig... (please dont hurt me too much :D )

Day 3

Squats
WU 70x2x5, 100x5, 130x3, 160x3, 180x2

190x5x2

GHR
BWx14, 12, 11

BP (all reps comp pause after 80kg)
WU 40x2x5, 60x5, 80x4, 100x3

112.5x5x3

Inc Press
65x2x8
65x14

Dips
BWx2x8
BWx9

good session today but could have been a bit better...

Squats - no belt on these today, just cracked on... warm ups felt really good... top sets were no bother but I think I could have done them faster... (rep speed that is) rest was about 3 mins between sets or a bit less on some cases...

GHR - holy cow hit the hams but esp the glutes today... sitting was not much fun so I stood between sets lol... felt nice and strong...

BP - warm ups felt ok but nothing special... seemed to settle after the 1st top set and then get better but still could do better even so...

IP - light enough weight and reps were fast and smooth... surprised a bit with 14 on the last set...

Dips - full stretch on these and felt it... chest def done after these... last set was hoping for at least 10 but nope...

ok settling into the new format still but can see it being very challenging... bring it on I say...

@Greyphantom Great squats there Dadbrah.

Sorry if I've missed it but what does your current split look like now?

Last edited:
Day 1

Squats
WU 70x2x5, 100x5, 130x3, 160x3 185x2

205x1x4
*belt on*
205x4x4

Rack squats
190x5

BP
WU 40x2x5, 60x5, 80x4 (comp pause from here) 100x3

107.5x5x2

Flyes
25x14
20x17

TPD
40x15
40x14

Good session felt really strong and fast today...

Squats - was thinking that 5x4 at 205 would be a pretty hard ask, but as it turned out all sets felt strong and fast and went better than I expected... 1st set was with no belt at 205 then the last 4 I wore the belt... slightly higher than normal (like an inch maybe) but it made a bit of a difference...

Rack squats - felt really good today, nice and smooth and strong... fast enough too...

BP - again felt better than expected, fast and strong, better yet I kept tighter through the lift esp at the bottom which helped I think...

Flyes - nice stretch and really felt the pecs working...

TPD - prob could have done a rep or 2 more on the first set... 2nd set really felt the tris working hard...

great session today, felt very good on the two main lift exercises... in fact they all felt really good... happy with this one today... deads next... holy hera...

Day 2

Deads
WU 120x2x5, 170x5, 210x3

235x5x3

Chins
BW+5kg x2x6
BW+5kg x8

Seated rows (drop set)
160/140/120x10/12/12

DB curls
25x12
25x10
25x9

meh session today sort of... have not felt great, just a bit tired and heads aching a bit...

Deads - warm ups felt meh, not heavy just not into it... 1st set was a bit slower than I like and should be, 2nd went much better, 3rd ok but again slower and meh, 4th and 5th were much better again... only 235 so should have just nailed it really... still felt it working ok though...

Chins - actually went quite well... focused on moving strongly from the bottom, full extension to as high as the ceiling would allow (rack comes to just below ceiling so cant quite get full head over the bar)... last set was still pretty decent tbh...

Seated rows - some drama here... did the 160 fine, took weight to 140 went to pull the first rep and the carabiner broke and I went flying back into my bench lol... quickly replaced it and carried on... good set felt it hitting my upper back nicely... dropped to 120 and managed another 12 but man back was not happy...

DB curls - oh good grief, didnt expect 12 tbh... felt pretty good... the second set also felt good 3rd was pushing it... after arms were shaking a bit...

good session given I was feeling off... had to laugh about the breakage, only interrupted the set for about 20 secs so kept the flow going... back is feeling it quite a bit now, esp in the traps and upper back...

Day 3
Squats

192.5x5x2

GHR
BW+5x11
BW+5x9
BW+5x6

BP
WU 40x2x5, 60x5, 80x4, (comp pause) 100x3

112.5x5x4

Inc press
72.5x8
72.5x10

Dips left as no time...

Hell of a day, first off forgot my boy was going to a school for a 6th form entry interview... woke him up at 0630 as normal to be told he could have slept in... lol... oops took him to that and then went to work (who I had also forgot to let know I would be late but luckily they are good there) then home very late and basically training...

Squats - warm ups went well... felt better as weight increased... tops sets were really good... went deep and felt smooth, strong and quick, prob not as quick as I would like but then when are they ever...

GHR - oh all thats good and holy... first set was only aiming for 10 but thought I would do one more... dope... second set was decent enough... third just died...

BP - warm ups felt pretty good... top sets went really well, from set 3 was really working on getting the lats and back working better... felt more stable and "lighter"... prob a bit quicker too... felt working well...

Inc Press - man today these flew... had a great pressing motion and it felt spot on... chest hit well...

done for today... things going well and feeling this new program is hitting me in all the right places...

Day 1

Squats
WU 70x2x5, 100x5, 130x3, 160x3, 180x2, 200x1

207.5x1x5
*belt on*
207.5x4x5

Rack squats
202.5x3

BP
WU40x2x5, 60x5, 80x4, *comp pause* 100x3

107.5x5x2

Flyes
30x12
22.5x18

TPD (rest/pause)
40x18/11/7

holy jebus... Dig is such a barsteward... but so good at the same time... hmmm to kick or kiss him... hmmm fvck it slap with a wet salmon...

Squats - holy dammit... warm ups felt awesome... not one felt heavy and form felt good... top sets 1st one was really good and not belt so getting up there atm... belt on and made it through the 4 more... 4th set the last rep was a bit slow... last set 4th and 5th went slower but still felt strong... legs were just mullered after this though, I was thinking hey only 3 reps for rack and its only 190... forgot it was 202.5... fvcking joy...

Rack squats - went well as it happens... strong and good tightness, and kept it all the way through better this week.... legs done though...

BP - went very well... warm ups were good but the top sets were the big surprise... felt strong and fast and fluid... found a good line kept it for all the sets and was just smooth as silk... very happy...

Flyes - damn... first set went well and again better than I expected... felt it hard in the pecs though... nice stretch and felt them working... second set I didnt expect to get the target of 16 tbh but managed 18... again nice stretch and worked well...

TPD - oh man... rest pause these ones today... first set went really well... felt it working hard but good... second set tris died... third was tough and felt my triceps alot...

great session today, not sure if I have to train tomorrow or can do it wednesday as mrs goes in for a knee op wed... should be home by lunch but you never know... deads day... reads like freaking cardio day...

well was thinking of doing deads today as tomorrow the mrs is in hospital for her knee op and might be tight getting it in tomorrow... but nope bodys a bit beat up from yesterday still... so tomorrow it is...

Day 2

Deads
WU 120x2x5, 170x5, 210x3

225x5x5

Seated rows (90secs)
170x11
130x16
130x12
130x10

Rev BOR/Rack Chins (1min, slow negative)
BWx10
BWx8
BWx7

DB hammer curls
25x9
20x13
20x12

holy jebus, was a good work out today but man felt that one bite... had to train today as couldnt yesterday due to the mrs op taking longer than expected and the hospital took ages discharging her, excellent service and all but long time...

Deads - pretty standard to be honest... little tired as last couple of nights been low on sleep but was a fairly light one so went ok... actually better than ok... top weights moved fast which I would expect at that weight... however second set second rep I managed to pull something in my inner thigh near the top... reset and carried on that set, felt ok so kept going for the last 3 and they all went ok as it happens... happy with that...

Seated rows - ffs that was hard... top set went ok, felt it hit me right in the upper back... had to take a minute to get my breath after... the 130 sets were stricter... felt these working the back really well... was already getting doms...

Rev BOR - oh come on, these sound innocuous but dammit they sting... esp with the slow negatives...

DB hammer curls - havent done these in a while but pretty straight forward, should have gone up about 2.5kg but still worked enough...

great session... glad I got it done... def see what Dig means with keep a day between workouts though... tomorrow will be interesting... yay me...

Day 3 Or the day that I forgot everything that would help me bench properly...

Squats

192.5x5x2

GHR
BW+10x8
BW+5x10
BWx10

Bench
WU 40x2x40, 60x5, 80x4, *comp pause* 100x3

115x3x5
115x3
115x4

Inc Press
77.5x8
77.5x9

Dips left

been pretty full on this week... so training is a little up and down...

Squats - was a little worried that the inner thigh niggle would stop these but as it happened they went really well and the niggle got better as the weight went on... top sets were really good, fast and smooth and strong... really happy...

GHR - oh man... these really killed my hamstrings today... glutes got a bit of a beating but the hams were hit hard in particular...

Bench - well that was a pants bench session... first 3 sets went ok... not special and felt off... the 4th set was just god awful... if you could have a poster session of what not to do thats what I did... instead of just throwing in the towel I sat and thought about what I was doing wrong... took a look at the form and technique and then remember to apply some of Digs advice to benching... seemed to do the trick a bit... felt much much better...

Inc press - ok this went better... first set fired the weight up really nicely second set went much the same...

not the best session but tbh not the worst... def works best when the head is in the game and I am nailing the form and technique... gotta make sure that I get this down every session and make sure I keep that advice foremost in the mind... was pretty late today training as well as had to take the mrs in to get her dressing removed... knee looks pretty good tbh but is all stapled up and she looks like frankenstein... :D

Day 1

Squats
WU 70x2x5, 100x5, 130x3, 160x3, 180x2, 200x2

*belt on*
215x5x6

Rack squats
210x4

BP
WU 40x2x5, 60x5, 80x4 (comp pause) 100x3

107.5x5x2

Holy sh1t... sleep has not been very good lately as have to be up for the mrs to help her to the loo or get a drink or whatever as she cant really just get up and down with her knee... so feeling knackered...

Squats - my coach is a w4nker... yes Dig you are... warm ups went really well as it happens... felt smooth and deep and good... 200 flew up and was thinking cool this is on... top set jebus... first set of 6 and I felt it hit my quads really well... they felt sore... 2nd set was worse... third set was not sure if I should try crying or dying... think in the end I was considering both... 4th and 5th sets were acts of will... quads got fantastically hit today... hams and glutes got something as well but quads in particular were just pummeled...

Rack squats - after thinking yay thats the last set of squats I remembered I had these... and at 210... Dig you colossal w4nker... oh holy hell these hurt... legs were wobbly and just on fire... got them though and kept tight in the rack which meant I could get the rep, loosen a little and its hard enough but today I think if I had got a little loose in the hole I would have lost the set...

BP - thank god I get to lie down... but wait the legs are still aching ffs... still made sure that today the cues and advice Dig has given me over the time I have been with him were nailed... made a big difference... speed was much better, felt the exercise better too...

jebus what a session, looks small on paper felt huge in practice... legs are dead... they are gonna act up tonight I am sure... have not been on the magic connection box as much lately as the mrs is home and we have a bunch of things to do like rehab and some family stuff... but will resume normal service fairly soon...

Back