Gym Equipment

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Afghan, May 4, 2020.

1. GhostOf2Can

GhostOf2Can Top Contributor

Anybody know of anyone selling plates that aren’t absolutely scandalous money?

2. welshguy84

welshguy84 Competitor

Im seeing more sensible prices pop up on facebook at the moment. Not everyone but some at least.

Extreme fitness did have cast iron instock but i think are now sold out of 20s and 25s

3. This is what they done with my bar. They most likely went out of stock straight away like my bar. 3 week turnaround I think they're saying. Then it shown up 2 weeks after order so you should be ok

4. Richard Dick

Richard Dick Full Member

Well sold all my dumbbells now too. Hoping the tide turns soon so I can start replacing stuff. As soon as I can get either the Mirafit or Bells of Steel rack I'll be seeing my one

5. Sjundea

Sjundea Top Contributor

6. Afghan

Afghan Top Contributor

Still after dumbells, have they lowerd in price yet

7. GhostOf2Can

GhostOf2Can Top Contributor

No stock for delivery or collection anywhere near me unfortunately

8. Sjundea

Sjundea Top Contributor

Frustrating.
    I was told powerhouse are getting more cast iron ones in this month but I know you had an issue with them last time.
    It's what I'm holding out for as I got a load with my lever gym and ideally want to have matching plates.

GhostOf2Can likes this.
  9. Sjundea

Sjundea Top Contributor

@Mr mac do you know much about the ironmaster adjustable dbs? They have a preorder going live 27th July for August delivery. Thinking of getting the base model and 52kg upgrade kit. I see they can be upgraded to 75s which would be ideal. Obviously they're pricey, c. 1k for the 75s. But they have the advantage of being space saving and look solid in videos where they get thrown out of 2nd story building windows.
    Just wondered if you'd used or know much about them. Seem to get very good feedback from garage gym YT channels.

10. Mr mac

Mr mac TM Health & Safety officer Top Contributor

Iron masters very good. Just like traditional d bells. Some people say a little slow to change weights but other than that brilliant and can be dropped. Sadly like you say your looking at a 1k for the 54kg set

Sjundea likes this.
  11. Sjundea

Sjundea Top Contributor

That's basically identical to what I'd heard.

12. Mr mac

Mr mac TM Health & Safety officer Top Contributor

I have the traditional old school set of bells in my garage but I also have a set of 42kg power blocks. I like the power blocks for quick changes and drop sets but you can’t drop them

Sjundea likes this.
  13. Richard Dick

Richard Dick Full Member

Those look really cool. Bit eying them up for a while too

Sjundea likes this.
  14. Sjundea

Sjundea Top Contributor

@GhostOf2Can

Screenshot_20200706_135027_com.android.chrome.jpg

Fuckers. You can pre order but I'm not paying 50% more for weights I paid 2 quid a kg for at height of lockdown.

15. Reacher

Reacher Top Contributor

vote with your wallet I say, they can charge extra for a while but when everyone fucks them off they will struggle