H G 2020 : B B Diary

Discussion in 'Training Logs' started by huntingground, Dec 27, 2019.

1. huntingground

huntingground King Kenny Competitor

WhatsApp Image 2020-06-21 at 09.21.31.jpeg

Missus : 0 minutes snoring, much more in the deep sleep zone too. That is the crucial area!!

2. Afghan

Afghan Top Contributor

Which watch do you wear to give you these stats?

huntingground likes this.
  3. huntingground

Sleep Cycle app on phone. Unsure as to accuracy at this stage.

4. phani tikkala

phani tikkala Alotta Fagina Top Contributor

She sleeps well because it must be exhausting looking after you
    :lol:

5. huntingground

:lol::lol:

6. Afghan

Afghan Top Contributor

So basically means fook all. Why not buy a fitbit or summin

phani tikkala and huntingground like this.
  7. huntingground

That is how I found out about my apnea. I had the Samsung Galaxy Watch (42mm) but subsequently got rid of it as I never wore it. It gives similar results as Sleep Cycle (in last years log) but I'm not sure how accurate any of them are TBH.

Watch works on movement, app works on breathing. Only real way is sleep study checking O2/CO2 in bloodstream. I cannot be assed going through all that again so will use watch to get baseline and improve whilst working on other areas to alleviate the issue.

8. huntingground

Delicious evening in the garden gym, training partner turned up, latte with two sugars beforehand. Starting to feel a little better now, gear clearing (almost natty!!).

BP : 8*10.
    Skullkrushers : 6*10.

Moderate weight, still struggling with left tricep tendons. Enjoyed time out there, hope Nortons opens July 4th. Not heard anything though.

Trying to make M/T/T/F this week in garden, weather looks glorious.

9. huntingground

Unbelievably hot evening in the garden gym, training partner cried off, latte with two sugars beforehand. Defo feeling better as gear dissipates, I had a lie down this afternoon as well too.

BOR : 8*10-15. Great feel off these now.
    DB Preacher Curls : 4*10-15. Stopped here as left elbow tendons screaming. I will try to get back out for four more sets.

Still moderate weight, still struggling with left tricep tendons.

Back on to AC/DC and really enjoyed my time out there. Training partner wants to workout tomorrow so will aim for 5 sessions on the bounce.

10. huntingground

Managed to get back out there to finish off my bicep session, bicep tendons are crazy tight. Back in tonight for BP and Skullkrushers.

Looking increasingly likely that my holiday (3rd to 17th August) is on so I'll cut from 6th July (restrict sugar and fats, no cheats).

Sleep is improving now, just shows that I cannot jab gear so I'll have to retain on TRT now going forward. I'll work with the new coach after holiday too and hope he can make improvements to body composition and therefore sleep. At the end of the day, I don't need to push anything, ideally I'd like some muscle on arms and back and tighten waist but it would make no real difference to my quality of life and I still look very good for almost 47yo. I can never compete due to the limitations brought on by the apnea.

11. Sjundea

Sjundea Top Contributor

Looking forward to work with you mate. I'll have you looking like a chicken legged pencil neck in no time. 200kg plus deadlifts will be a memory in time gone by.

12. pooley1810

pooley1810 Moderator

Depends how serious you wanna take it doesn't it
    Potentially you could compete if you were prepared to diet down then build back up again, then maintain for a period before prepping for a comp
    I think from start to finish that would take about 2 years to do it properly
    But like you said, unless it's really important to you, why put yourself through it if lifes good and you look good as you are

Proteinbrah and huntingground like this.
  13. huntingground

:lol::lol:

Already there mate, I haven't worked legs since lockdown and don't DL anymore!!

Phaggotry.

Sjundea likes this.
  14. huntingground

Good points and the honest answer is I don't know at this stage. I want to get the sleep sorted and spend 4.5 months with the coach and go from there. I don't think, at my age, that I will ever be bothered enough to compete but never say never.

pooley1810 and Proteinbrah like this.
  15. Proteinbrah

Proteinbrah Top Contributor

Who’s the coach brah?