1. While members here are knowledgeable, they are not doctors and are not able to diagnose or recommend treatment for medical conditions. Please consult a health care professional rather than risk your health.
    Dismiss Notice

Healing Long Term Shoulder Issues

Discussion in 'Injuries, Health & Personal Care' started by bulkaholic, May 7, 2022.

1. bulkaholic

bulkaholic Competitor

Afternoon All,

I was on here lots many years ago and then got really into boxing and that was passion, got me in decent shape as well.

I have been back once a year for last 5 years (the joke is I’m in for my yearly workout).

every single time one workout is enough to ruin my sleep with shoulder pain for around 3 months.

had scans at physio / chiro done with ultrasound. They can’t see any huge tears just an angry looking tendon with small amounts of calcification.

now I suspect a few things. I have recently just started TRT as yet again tests came back low but not low enough for my doctor to consider even though simple tasks leave me aching for days, hair growth slowed right down, mood is low, trouble losing fat which usually falls off when I’m off the booze. (I already have thyroid treatment so that’s under control).

anyway I think recovery is one issue and RSI from working at benches most of life.

I am on TRT dose of sust (only around 3 weeks in so no bloods yet). And also started taking BPC 157 a few days ago (oral).

just wondered others opinions on speeding up tendon repair both from a supplement perspective, diet and also rehab exercises?

I’m also thinking there is an imbalance causing this as my back and traps never lost much strength (can still pull 200kg no probs with no lifting for years) but my bench and shoulder work is weak as piss as my job doesn’t really recruit these for lifting just annoying them.

Any ideas welcome.

I can then get back to lifting

2. Max

Max Competitor

Deep tissue. Get 2/3 sessions done at least.

3. bulkaholic

bulkaholic Competitor

Cheers mate,

yes have been getting regular sessions with it and still not getting anywhere, hence trying to find any other add ins to speed things up

4. Greedy Ben

Greedy Ben Top Contributor

Get an mri. Diagnose the issue properly.
    Get a decent physio to loosen off anything tight.
    Avoid anything that aggravates it as much as possible. If its work consider some time off where possible and see if rest helps bring the inflammation down.
    Circumin helps - 1g/day
    Nandrolone will also speed up healing by increasing collagen synthesis.
    Also a course of bpc-157 could be worth a shot.

GhostOf2Can and TONY FERGUSON like this.
  5. Max

Max Competitor

Get a better therapist. You’ll need to be taken through internal and external rotation while it’s being treated.

bulkaholic likes this.
  6. FATBOY

FATBOY Age is just a number Competitor

Hello mate good to see you back :)

sounds like your doing the right things tbh being back on trt will deffo help and I found the bpc 157 to be very effective I did inject it though

bulkaholic likes this.
  7. Mrwright

Mrwright Full Member

Skip whatever exercises it is that causes problems?

8. Clubber Lang

Clubber Lang Full Member

sounds similar to my shoulder. I have constant pain in it and ROM isnt great, wear and tear. I also have tennis elbow on the same arm, wank.

ive booked in to have some Ozone treatment at Strom at the end of the month. They do site injections for injuries like above. £50 and they'll jab as many places as you need. Im doing both shoulders and my forearm. Ive booked the missus in too. Will get her knees done.

https://www.stromsports.com/collections/bloodwork

Last edited: May 11, 2022
  9. Paolo Cobelli

Paolo Cobelli Full Member

What is an ozone jab?
    I'v got exactly the same issue as you have, only i'v got both elbows and both shoulders. One considerably worse then the other though

10. Max

Max Competitor

Guys just get decent therapy.

I can’t reiterate it enough.

you need manipulation taken through the ROM. If you aren’t getting that you may as well be getting tickled.

11. Paolo Cobelli

I haven't found anyone near me that has a clue. And I dont, but I'm a tree surgeon not a shoulder expert. I don't know what to do or were to go

12. Max

Max Competitor

it is a bugger but you can go into a session with an idiot get them to focus on the area of disfunction and then take it through internal and external rotation yourself. (90deg bend at elbow arm out to side. Internal from 90deg and from 90 external). You’ll want them to go across the area with muscle fibre flow while doing each movement lots of times and then in the opposite direction. Wish I could see you because I’d probably fix you in 2/3 sessions.

13. Clubber Lang

Clubber Lang Full Member

Paolo Cobelli likes this.
  14. Paolo Cobelli

That's sound pretty good, you sound like you know what your talking about. Don't suppose by any chance your with in 100 miles of Worthing?!?

This has been an on going problem for almost a year now. It's very uncomfortable and it's effects my everyday life alot

Max likes this.
  15. Max

Max Competitor

weird but my mom just got back from Worthing visiting family. I’m sorry you struggle because I do too as I have the exact same injury. I’m in Birmingham.

I’m gonna go to the Thai place in town tmz and tell her what to do and avoid getting wanked off at the end at all costs :lol:

Paolo Cobelli likes this.