Help With Diet?

If you're cutting
Ditch the rice Krispy bars and the cooking oils use 1 cal spray
Replace those cals with quality carbs in meal 4
And some avocado or almond butter in your last meal
Ideally swap your isolate in last meal to casein, cottage cheese or fat free Greek yoghurt
Then if weight loss stops these are areas you can look at dropping cals

Agree with everything said here. Learn to like protein bars if you really have a sweet tooth and check the macros some protein bars are basically candy bars with protein.

Quest Kirkland to name a few are good ones.

Also on the fats it's fine to eat low fat just don't eat 0 fat you should still try to get healthy fats in diet.

I do my "starving" and fat burning when I sleep has always worked fine for me. Why suffer awake when you can do it asleep? Smash some water before bed too and as pooley said casein or cottage cheese slow digesting proteins.

Gl guy

I don't mean to sound stupid here but why cars in meal 4? wouldn't I better off sticking with cereal bars for energy before I train?
how much almond butter dude? and how do u use it just stick it in a shake?
and I do apologise I don't use coconut oil I use 1 cal cocunut spray
No it doesn't really work like that
Youve had a chicken and rice meal 90 mins pre wo
Those bars will just spike then drop insulin and risk hypo when training
Those calories and carbs would be better used as a decent carb source in meal 4
This is just how I would do it as I prefer better quality volumous food on a diet

Mix your casein with a tiny bit of water to make it really thick, add 25g of nut butter on top

These would be the first cals I'd remove when needed though

sorry man feeling really shity in myself atm in with the gyms being closed and struggling to train I don't even look at myself in the mirror never mind take photos but I'm around 17 percent bf maybe a bit higher if I flex I can see my abs a little
I know that feeling. It'll come back fast enough mate

No it doesn't really work like that
Youve had a chicken and rice meal 90 mins pre wo
Those bars will just spike then drop insulin and risk hypo when training
Those calories and carbs would be better used as a decent carb source in meal 4
This is just how I would do it as I prefer better quality volumous food on a diet

Mix your casein with a tiny bit of water to make it really thick, add 25g of nut butter on top

These would be the first cals I'd remove when needed though
but still to have carbs after I train would be excess calories for no reason.
I get your no cereal bars issue but not the carb at meal 4 I'm cutting not bulking
thanks anyways it always good to get opinions
Agree with everything said here. Learn to like protein bars if you really have a sweet tooth and check the macros some protein bars are basically candy bars with protein.

Quest Kirkland to name a few are good ones.

Also on the fats it's fine to eat low fat just don't eat 0 fat you should still try to get healthy fats in diet.

I do my "starving" and fat burning when I sleep has always worked fine for me. Why suffer awake when you can do it asleep? Smash some water before bed too and as pooley said casein or cottage cheese slow digesting proteins.

Gl guy
I don't really have a sweet tooth anymore I use the cereal bars as quick sugar for energy boost before the gym. It was phil viz an American bb coach.
I don't get why have carbs in meal 4? why the excess energy in a meal that comes after I train?

Seems like you know what U wanna do and how u like to do things mate

Just go with that
do you think it's a decent diet to cut on? If add almond milk and almond butter to my shakes and cottage cheese and casein protien powder last meal?
I know my protiens and carbs and when to use them but just a little unsure on fats cause I get different opinions all the time on peanut butter which is what I did use in the past

do you think it's a decent diet to cut on? If add almond milk and almond butter to my shakes and cottage cheese and casein protien powder last meal?
I know my protiens and carbs and when to use them but just a little unsure on fats cause I get different opinions all the time on peanut butter which is what I did use in the past
Tbh mate you probably have a better idea than me when it comes to the ins and outs of it

When I told you feel free to eat as much broccoli as you like earlier in this thread that’s about the limit of my expertise on cutting tbf

I just cut carbs and stick with it until I’m happy with how much BF I’m carrying. I’m carrying quite a lot of LBM as I’m 6’2 and I don’t try and get super lean so that’s enough for me, gets me where I like to be quickly

but still to have carbs after I train would be excess calories for no reason.
I get your no cereal bars issue but not the carb at meal 4 I'm cutting not bulking
thanks anyways it always good to get opinions

I don't really have a sweet tooth anymore I use the cereal bars as quick sugar for energy boost before the gym. It was phil viz an American bb coach.
I don't get why have carbs in meal 4? why the excess energy in a meal that comes after I train?
Its not excess calories if you're dropping the shit and putting the equivalent calories in meal 4 which is your first solid meal after training
Do you not think having carbs after training is important?
You make the point you're cutting and not bulking but unnecessarily eating junk pre workout when you've had a solid meal 90mins prior and a pre workout drink

Why do you have carbs at breakfast?

Its not excess calories if you're dropping the shit and putting the equivalent calories in meal 4 which is your first solid meal after training
You make the point you're cutting and not bulking but unnecessarily eating junk pre workout when you've had a solid meal 90mins prior and a pre workout drink

I have carbs at breakfast cause it's only an hour before my pre workout meal and I just use it as more energy I just think carbs after training is a waste while cutting cause there's no need for the extra energy when its giving you extra calories. carbs are an energy source they don't help repair muscle at all or do they? that's what I've always be lived and always been told I'm sorry if I'm wrong I'm not being a know it all its just what I hought was right if I'm bulking I use carbs in most if not all my meals

If you can get over his annoying tone
He's very informative and makes a lot of sense

Not a big fan of his drama content but anything he has to say about dieting should be noted he's cut to around 5-6% over 50 times I think idk if anyone else putting out that kinda in depth info has cut that many times.

I am cutting the cereal bars tho.
It was something I heard phil viz say that's all who funny enough is in alot of drama with greg atm
if I find my workouts suffer ill go by on um but I do get what your saying

If you can get over his annoying tone
He's very informative and makes a lot of sense
pepper.jpg

I am cutting the cereal bars tho.
It was something I heard phil viz say that's all who funny enough is in alot of drama with greg atm
if I find my workouts suffer ill go by on um but I do get what your saying
Ultimately mate, do what works for you
If that means a little sugar and protein only meals then great
I know for me and my experience of a serious diet, I much prefer to have some carbs with all my meals
If I had the choice of Krispy squares then protein and spinach
Or a meal with 250g of potatoe there's no contest

Back