Here We Go... Again

Jim

2x British Champ
Competitor
Well it's been a while but I felt the urge to start a journal.

For them that were not here way back when... My name is Jim and I am a competitive bodybuilder, married, 2 boys, work a regular job and I have competed several times over the last few yrs, I have had some wins and losses...

My competition history (just the good bits)

Ukbff South coast u80 and overall winner 2012

Ukbff British Champion u80 2014

Ukbff English grand prix u90 winner 2015

Ukbff British Champion u90 2016

NABBA England Class 4 winner 2018

NABBA UK class 4 and overall winner 2018

NABBA Mr.universe class 4 runner up :sad:

Purpose of this journal -

To log the next 12 months of training and diet with regular update pics and to log training to see progress made between the 2018 and 2019 NABBA Mr.universe

I am now coached both in the off season and pre contest by imo the best coach in the UK right now James Llewellin, we have a very good set up and relationship and it works very well for us, we bounce things back and forth but James typically has the final say on what we do.

Diet -

My current diet is pretty basic but it works... it's very sim to my pre contest diet but with more food...

5 eggs, seedy toast, yoghurt and banana

Typically train after meal 1 - intra bcaa and creatine.

Whey isolate, rice porridge, pbutter, banana and yogurt

Beef, rice and greens

Chicken, nuts and greens (usually salmon but not enjoying it atm)

Chicken, rice and greens

Casein and pbutter

So as you can see it's pretty basic... I have tried all kinds of pre, post and intra shakes and tbh I'm not sure any of it has made much of a diff when compared to good old food only... over the course of prep me and James pulled bits and bobs out that we didn't think we're adding much value to the diet and I have added bcaa and creatine back in for 2 reasons... 1 it's not gonna hurt and 2 I had loads left over and thought I'd use em rather then bin em... I may add bits in just to see what they are like but typically when it comes to prep I just diet down on good old fashioned food.

Training -

I haven't had any break since the Universe so decided to take a week off of the gym, keep am cardio in and stick to the current diet.

I went for blood work today (only basics but will post results if any one is interested).

Split has looked like this for the last few weeks

Legs/Push/Pull/Off/Lower/Upper/Off

I do feel that this is a good set up but also feel my recovery is suffering right now so once I'm back in the gym on Monday I may well go back to a Push/Legs/Pull split of some sort... not sure yet.

Few stage pics and some glut shots from various updates sent to James throughout prep just to show what kinda condition we hit.

Will throw up some pics from off season updates too.

Any questions etc just ask and I'll try to answer them all.
IMG_20181110_222017_761.jpg
IMG_20181118_130228_609.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_20181108_231149_679.jpg
    IMG_20181108_231149_679.jpg
    36.4 KB · Views: 255
  • IMG_20181104_003434_987.jpg
    IMG_20181104_003434_987.jpg
    325.2 KB · Views: 325
Thanks bud
How's You, all good I hope

Great thanks Jim, I won GPC British Finals 3 or 4 weeks ago (M2 u125kg raw with wraps) but didn't perform well on day due to various reasons and total was shite. Competing in BPU qualifier on 27th Jan so hope to hit decent target (still got left shoulder issue so bench still shite).

Cruising on test until I have blood test on Jan 1st. Health is perfect though so once I get the green light, all systems go.

Reactions: Jim
Great thanks Jim, I won GPC British Finals 3 or 4 weeks ago (M2 u125kg raw with wraps) but didn't perform well on day due to various reasons and total was shite. Competing in BPU qualifier on 27th Jan so hope to hit decent target (still got left shoulder issue so bench still shite).

Cruising on test until I have blood test on Jan 1st. Health is perfect though so once I get the green light, all systems go.

Ah mate congrats on that!!!
Yea I had bloods today, only basics... ended up flat on my back with feet up in the nurses room... again lol
My left shoulder is a bit fucked too... no idea why but it's effecting the entire arm... hope the week off will let it heal up...
Had a bit of massage on it but still a pain...

Glad your all good tho mate
Life out side of lifting good?

Don't know to be honest but must be the weight, his health started deteriorating after he chased 400lb at 40% BF.

Man...
400lbs...
I learnt the hard way with weight for weight sake... hit 115k at 5.4" and sleep apnea got so bad... tested me and I was having average of 57 episode's per hr (I think... or 54...) and would not breath for an average of 60 sec at a time and one of the episode lasted 3mins!
Recovery was fucked... I was so tired I fell asleep stamding up leaning on the side at work when some one was talking to me... haha
Dropped loads in prep...
115k full blown off season down to 83k pre stage hahaha
Deffo list some muscle tissue on way down...

When it was good it was fun...
I managed to pull 320k x1 300k x5 squat 291k x5 and bench 180k x5 (light spot to 6)

But now I want to stay light...
Feel much better even tho weak as piss...
Bloods were still ok at that weight tho but my iron levels were so high they thought I had hemochromatosis (my dad has it) but I dnt lol dropped weight and iron come down too...
Think I'll keep it to 95k ish this off season unless I grow like crazy and stay shredded ha!

Any way proper ramble there lol

Actually now that I read that back I dnt think average was so long without breathing
I'll have to find my letter
But I was stopping breathing almost every min and like I said 3min was longest I stopped for... the Dr was very shocked...
Got cpap but now I'm light I dnt use it... feels like it's stopping my breathing now more then helping... like I'm breathing against the flow of air...

@Jim I've been following your stuff via james you've done great. He seems to get his guys in top shape and seems to push health first which I think is priority. Keep seeing all these competitors who are doing local shows suffering health issues its just not worth it.

Back