Hg2017

Discussion in 'Training Logs' started by huntingground, Dec 27, 2016.

1. huntingground

huntingground Angel of Death Competitor

DEAD DAY

Weight : 277lbs - even after a weekend of really high food (I would love to be able to remember what I ate and to calculate the cals).

Aim : 250 * 5+ (7 max). No straps.

No GH last night as I fell asleep too early, all other prep perfect, food/fluids/rest/sleep all high. Lower back on RHS feels heavy but I will stretch this morning and just before deads too.

I'll be aiming for 7 as that gives a projected 1RM of 300 which is the aim for the comp (300/160/300 if poss, defo 750+ anyhow).

Big week with sorting out house, sorting out consultancy job and other shite too. I feel a little stressed so will take this out on deads.

RS86, doink, rick89 and 4 others like this.

2. Raisin

Raisin Full Member

Sports massage! Nothing phaggatory about a female massuese using her elbows to painfully remove knots and relieve tension in your back.

Just book a few sessions (before a rest day) and dont tell anyone. It'll only help and you shouldnt need the painkillers as much.

3. rick89

rick89 Full Member

good luck with the stressful week re house etc buddy

but most of all smash them deadlifts

huntingground likes this.
  4. huntingground

DEAD DAY

Gym weight : 126KG.

Aim : 250 * 5+ (7 max). No straps.

Complicating factors are no straps, new stance (feet closer together and toes pointing slightly outwards) and apprehension about lower RHS back twinges.

Working out at work gym with Nov.

Feeling a little stressed (usually don't give a fook about anything), 20mg SD and 10mg Halo pre-WO. Food and fluids fine.

DEADS (chalk, sniff)
    Stretching/foamrolling/routines - back not 100%, will see how it goes.
    60/100/140 - fine, nice form, very slow, no jerking off floor, tempo much, much slower than usual.
    185/225 - feeling heavier than it should, I really need to commit to the reps and to forget about back, too slow, not enough aggression, defo holding back. Is new stance and/or no straps affecting me too.
    250 * 6 - touch of sniff, every rep felt heavy, had to fight like fook for them, form starts breaking down about rep 4, rep 6 is hitched. Usual issues, hips high, head/shoulders down, all lower back - I revert to type when I am 100% all out. This was a very, very hard set, it took me 3 mins to stop almost hyperventilating. Very disappointed - did stance/no straps/lower back affect me or just a bad day. This was much tougher than the 260*6 before the quad injury. I got a vid so will bang it up tonight.

Ham Curl - 4 sets, pumped away until I got a delicious burn :D

Back to grindstone, still slightly disappointed and also concerned about DL form and technique.

RS86, Porky, rick89 and 10 others like this.
  5. doink

doink Committee Tea Officer Top Contributor

One of them days mate but it d take confidence from the fact you've still exceeded your target on a bad day.

Proper prep on comp day, deload etc and you'll piss the 300 there ontop of your game.

310 will be there on the day!

6. rick89

rick89 Full Member

we all have them days buddy

as you say back to it onwards and upwards

huntingground likes this.
  7. huntingground

8. onthebuild

onthebuild Top Contributor

I'd legit tell the cunt in the background going 'up up up' to shut the fuck up

Annoying as fuck

Fucking Cockney Herbert

Ronin, Fatbrah, doink and 4 others like this.
  9. huntingground

:rofl:

@Nov

10. PaulAnderson

PaulAnderson Top Contributor

Training Log:
    Click Here
    Damn, that's a scary sight.... 4 of you. :lol:

11. huntingground

Thanks mate, LL reckons 300, I'm hoping for a touch more as I am much better at 1RMs than reps. Also the gear at work gym not ideal, in the comp it will be Texas DL bar, great bar and I much prefer it so would like to pull 310.

LL is working me very hard at the moment too so never 100% rested for each session, just grind through them and should reap the benefits on comp day.

rick89, Fatbrah, doink and 1 other person like this.
  12. onthebuild

onthebuild Top Contributor

I liked the guy on the leg press chilling out with his hands behind his head and a towel on the back rest

Can tell it's down south, up here there's usually an old pair of underpants kicking about they use to wipe the sweat off machines

Ronin, Fatbrah, PR3SSUR3 and 3 others like this.
  13. tomlet1

tomlet1 Mr Glass Top Contributor

Training Log:
    Click Here
  14. LittleLiam

LittleLiam Competitor

Training Log:
    Click Here
    That is the plan

Tommy6 and huntingground like this.
  15. TBLifter

TBLifter Top Contributor

Hats off you just about killed off your hitch until the last rep. Good looking reps though