Hg2018

Discussion in 'Training Logs' started by huntingground, Dec 31, 2017.

1. huntingground

huntingground Pencillus Maximus Competitor

Dead Day

Nortons solo. All prep perfect, little tightness and soreness on upper from Monday but fook all to worry about. Targets look tough.

Deads (straps, gumshield)
    60/100/140/180/220 - all very fast and powerful.
    250 * 3 - fookin'ell, 100% all out, dragged the last one up at a snail's pace. I'll have to drop weight and find sweet spot.
    230 * 3 - comfortable.
    240 * 3 - better, right weight, taxing but not pulling my bollocks out.
    240 * 3 - 90% all out, perfect training weight IMO. Was considering going up to 250 but didn't want to blow my load.
    240 * 3 - getting tougher.
    240 * 3 - sniff before this, defo right weight, difficult, had to work hard.

I was raging and muttering PHAGGOT under my breath as I paced round Nortons like a caged animal between sets (there seemed to be an invisible 40yd forcefield around the DL area for some reason which no-one would breach :lol::lol:). BUT I haven't hardly DL'ed this year, had loads of time off with quad shite and then Orlando, got to be pretty pleased with the persistence and tenacious attitude shown to dig in and get through the sets. Gear is low, BW is low. Lots of factors, head down, crack on and work hard.

See you in 4 to 6 weeks when I have recovered and/or adapted.

RS86, JANIKvonD, Ash1981 and 9 others like this.

2. tomlet1

tomlet1 Mr Glass Top Contributor

Training Log:
    Click Here
    6 triples at that kinda weight after hardly deadlifting all year and a quad injury :thumb:

Omlette approved

3. Greedy Ben

Greedy Ben Top Contributor

Training Log:
    Click Here
    Any rev hypers? Walk :lol:

LittleLiam and huntingground like this.
  4. huntingground

Forgot to put in write up. 12 sets of RVs and a 6 mile fast walk. FOOKED :lol::lol:

JANIKvonD, doink, Sjundea and 4 others like this.
  5. huntingground

DLs cabbaged me yesterday, I managed to go about my daily stuff but crashed mid-afternoon physically and mentally. Anyway I ate myself into a coma and was asleep by 20:30 so have been awake since 04:00 :facepalm:

Rest day today, just jumped off scales at 268lbs. May take the missus out for lunch and possibly a walk down the canal in Hertford (have to wait for painkillers to kick in :lol:).

Still no news from job, if it is a NO, then just tell me fookers. I have the luxury of being able to take my time to select the right job for me going forward, no financial pressures, this job is one of the options, there is also a more preferable option but am awaiting that too at the moment. I'm sure it will all work out in the end.

Volume bench tomorrow with two AMRAPs. I really have to kick on with bench so will be prepping fully for it even though the weight looks lightish (115*4*4 and 2 AMRAPs). I want to throw a load of upper body in too.

RS86, tomlet1, JANIKvonD and 5 others like this.
  6. Fatbrah

Fatbrah TMuscle Fatministrator Top Contributor

Big kenneth living dat good life

huntingground likes this.
  7. huntingground

Looks like the pro life may continue for a while longer. Just been told I didn't get that job, no details why not yet, I am intrigued though as I thought I excelled in all areas of the interview process.

zack, noel and Fatbrah like this.
  8. Fatbrah

Fatbrah TMuscle Fatministrator Top Contributor

Maybe coz ur from birkenhead

zack, noel, LittleLiam and 1 other person like this.
  9. milner575

milner575 Full Member

The pro life has chosen you. Embrace it

zack and huntingground like this.
  10. huntingground

Volume Bench Day

Weight : 271lbs - Operation EatEveryFookinThing is going well.
    Aim : 115*4*4 and 2 AMRAPs.

Angry and baffled about the job refusal yesterday, only second time I have got to face to face and not got the job (other time was very early in career). I am very good at interviews and thought I excelled. Also waiting 4 days to tell me and then no feedback at all makes me believe I am better off not working for the cunts. I have two other things in pipeline, both much more money and both better long term for career so may be for the best anyhow.

Since DLs I have literally been hungry every waking hour so have just eaten and eaten. Missus stating I am making her feel ill I am eating so much - always a good sign as she is an 8st Pencil Neck. Sleep/fluids/rest very, very high. Body is a little tender today but really want to push on with BP and upper so will push hard.

Nortons solo at 09:15, painkillers and some pre-WO going in.

Last edited: May 18, 2018
  11. doink

doink PhD in Bro Science Top Contributor

Missus is a fookin PN!

Genuinely lolled

tomlet1, Ronin, JANIKvonD and 3 others like this.
  12. LittleLiam

LittleLiam Competitor

Training Log:
    Click Here
    That done me too haha

13. huntingground

Volume Bench Day

Struggling with fatigue and lower back pumps from deads. All prep perfect, no excuses.

BP (chalk, wrist wraps, gumshield).
    60/60/80/80/100/100 - New tech feels so good, almost like a different lift now, very powerful, whole body lift.
    117 * 4 * 4 - nice weight, again perfect technique, powerful.
    117 * AMRAP - got 8 here with a slight touch on LHS on 8th. Nobody in any gyms seem to know how to touch. Instructions are "don't touch the bar until I'm fooked", not hard to understand but, even so, they seem to jump in early. No issues, worked hard anyway.
    117 * AMRAP - got 6 here with a heavier touch on LHS on 6th, defo loosing form, guy said I was starting to favour right, binned it. I could squeeze a few more out but not going to wreck shoulder. Shoulder was screaming after this anyhow, took 5 mins to calm down.

Fatigue very high, body wanted to go, had to force the tricep work in.

Supersetting two arm and one arm rope cable pushdowns, one arm U cable pushdowns, one and two arm seated OH tricep machine, just randomly going between exercises, pumping out reps until tris screaming, concentrating on left of course. Pump was delicious.

Decent rest over weekend now, London Motor Show on Sunday at Excel Centre with missus and kids (before we had kids we used to live in the apartments overlooking the Excel (70ft L-shaped balcony with floor to ceiling windows, thought I'd made it but rent nearly crippled me, what a weapon!!), will be good to have a look round at the place again. Used to drink in a bar there called The So Bar, wasn't sober once in there!!

@doink @LittleLiam I was walking the kids to school this morning and my 7yo boy was chatting away (cannot remember context) and he said "they were pencil necks, anyway, that was what Daddy would say" - creased me, me and little girl laughing, made my morning :D

Last edited: May 18, 2018
  14. huntingground

I have received all of my figures for prep now.

M : Heavy Bench and upper body accessories.
    W : SQ or DL - alternating weeks.
    F : Volume Bench and upper body accessories.

Starting Week 4 on Monday.

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_12ad.jpg

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_12e6.jpg

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_12ab.jpg

Liam's targets are therefore 310/160/320. With wraps, I reckon I'll smash 320SQ on day for a 320/160/320 for 800 total. That is the real plan :lol::lol:

JANIKvonD, JB, RS86 and 6 others like this.
  15. doink

doink PhD in Bro Science Top Contributor

@LittleLiam fookin PN targets.

330/180/350

Committee approved

JANIKvonD, Sjundea, Ronin and 5 others like this.