• While members here are knowledgeable, they are not doctors and are not able to diagnose or recommend treatment for medical conditions. Please consult a health care professional rather than risk your health.

How 'unfit' Are You?

Fittest I've been for years as I'm training for a 10k run in march
Found it very hard at first but body seems to have adapted now, managed 5k in 30 mins last week which isnt bad at 17 stone
Goal is 10k in under an hour
Also get fitness tested at work and V02 is always around 70

Found it very hard at first but body seems to have adapted now, managed 5k in 30 mins last week which isnt bad at 17 stone

Are you trying to prevent any muscle loss? As that’s quite intense cardio.

Are you trying to prevent any muscle loss? As that’s quite intense cardio.
Of course, the secondary goal is to preserve as much muscle as possible
So its finding the right balance which is why I've set my target at under an hour as its realistic at this bodyweight
I'm eating just under maintenance to try and trim a little fat
I haven't adjusted my weight sessions and I've always done 15 mins pwo cv anyway, now I just replace that with a 2.5k run and do one long run a week

I used to be very fit up until I was 28-29 and I always seem to be able to keep a decent level of base fitness due to that, unless I get really heavy, up around 20 stone or more then I can’t even walk to the shop without getting out of breathe

I actually think that has more to do with the weight of the extra size on and around my chest though

Of course, the secondary goal is to preserve as much muscle as possible
So its finding the right balance which is why I've set my target at under an hour as its realistic at this bodyweight
I'm eating just under maintenance to try and trim a little fat
I haven't adjusted my weight sessions and I've always done 15 mins pwo cv anyway, now I just replace that with a 2.5k run and do one long run a week

Should of Known you’ve got all under control lol! :facepalm:

Very unfit. Do zero cardio, little walking and sit on my ass all day for work.

Would cycle to work but always paranoid about being a sweaty mess getting there.

Need to do some CV... Defo wont.

My best 10k was 53.33 at around 105kg also used to hit a 24-25 min 5k at same weight.

Currently just do 10 min miles as I find that easy but goner push on a little next year and do 2 runs a week along with 2-3 rides.

I just done a 2.3 mile jog home with 2 fag breaks. Wasn't even sweating.

Reactions: JB
My best 10k was 53.33 at around 105kg also used to hit a 24-25 min 5k at same weight.

Currently just do 10 min miles as I find that easy but goner push on a little next year and do 2 runs a week along with 2-3 rides.
That's good going at that weight, I think I'll end up about that weight as I start to increase things now
After not doing anything like this for about 6 years it was a real struggle at first. Not so much my fitness but my body not used to it, calves that stiff I could barely walk the next day
Stuck at it though and 5k straight off is no problem now

Back