Huel: The Future Of Food

Discussion in 'Huel' started by James Collier, Jul 31, 2015.

1. James Collier

James Collier Full Member

Some of you may have already heard about Huel. We launched it 6 weeks ago and have had phenominal interest. It's not aimed at the fitness and bodybuilding enthusiasts - although these people may benefit from consuming Huel - but at busy people who don't have the time or the inclination to prepare food and consequently eat for convenience.

Huel is the convenient way to ensure your body is getting all the nutrition it requires to both sustain good health and to provide enough energy to get you through a busy lifestyle. Amounts can be adapted to suit requirements according to activities as well as if you're using Huel as total or part nutrition. It’s a unique product that’s easy to prepare, convenient and nutritious that brings traditional nutrition into the modern world.

Huel is a nutritionally complete powdered food. We have devised the formula to include all the macro- and micronutrients that your body needs. Huel provides at least 100% of the UK Government's 'Reference Nutrient Intakes' and the European Union's 'Daily Recommended Amount' of all nutrieints and it also has:
    • no added sugar
    • no meat or animal products
    • no dairy
    • no soy
    • no eggs
    Huel is not aimed at the weight loss market either, although weight reducers can benefit from its consumption by adjusting their intake. You can live solely on Huel, although most people will want to consume it at just one or two meals per day.

Huel is food. It contains a carefully chosen blend of rice and pean protein, fine milled oats, flaxseed, sunflower lecithin, MCTs from coconut and a vitamin and mineral blend providing all your body needs for optmaim health and energy levels.
    • Huel results in less waste and all ingredienets are sustainable.
    • Huel is suitable for those with even the most complex dietary requirements.
    • Huel is nutritionally complete powdered food. It contains everything your body needs and nothing more.
    For detailed information regarding our ingredient choice, read: Huel: The Formula Explained

Here's the nutritional information:
    [​IMG]

Please feel free to ask me any questions about Huel.

http://huel.me/

(thanks to Simon for his permission to post this)

Incredible Bulk and Simon like this.

2. JonnyBoy

JonnyBoy Top Contributor

Training Log:
    Click Here
    Can I ask what the difference would be if you sourced your own ingredients and made your own 'version'? seems expensive on first glance?

you say 'no other food is required'

but i know pretty much i couldn't just drink my way through the day...

the brain needs to know its eating? produce saliva ect? chemical reactions in the brain, chemical digestion?

we know that site and smell relate to digestion, tasting, chewing etc are all in line with producing chemical reactions within the gut.

During testing phase did anyone suffer from digestive related problems?

srs questions as interested

3. James Collier

If you could source your own ingredients, I guess you could make something similar - but it would be pricy.

There have been no digestive issues reported before launch and, to date, since launch.

Have a read of my comments regarding liquid only diets here: http://discuss.huel.me/t/problems-with-a-liquid-only-diet/109/3

JonnyBoy likes this.
  4. JonnyBoy

JonnyBoy Top Contributor

Training Log:
    Click Here
    thanks, i will have a read at lunch time.

5. WebDev

WebDev

This is similar to soylent and joylent?

I like the idea for bulking, may be a more natural option :-)

6. James Collier

It's similar, yes. But we feel it's much improved.

WebDev likes this.
  7. Con

Con Moderator

I am impressed.
    That is a good formula!