1. While members here are knowledgeable, they are not doctors and are not able to diagnose or recommend treatment for medical conditions. Please consult a health care professional rather than risk your health.

Hurt My Knee

Discussion in 'Injuries, Health & Personal Care' started by Ross1961, Apr 13, 2018.

1. Ross1961

Ross1961 Full Member

Around three weeks ago I was carrying a piece of furniture into a shipping container and my foot slipped down between the planks on top of the pallet I was crossing, ankle twisted outwards but it didn't hurt my ankle it twisted my knee out.

I'm still getting pain in the joint, not all the time but it shows it's ugly face every time I train legs.

It stops me squatting all the way down as frightened of making this worse, it hurt on the hack squat, it hurt on front leg elevation, it even hurt kneeling down to pick the dumbbells up to do shrugs.

Do you think a week [or two:sad:] off from legs will help or just keep going?

Advice appreciated as always.

Brian

2. doink

doink PhD in Bro Science Top Contributor

Rest and light mobility work within the pain threshold. If it’s a bit hmmmm it’s fine, if it’s painful then stop and stick to a rom that isn’t.

Other than that it’s just patience.

Ross1961 likes this.
  3. The Red Meat Kid

The Red Meat Kid Top Contributor

Stop any heavy loading for a while. Work on some eccentrics. Slow pistol squat down to a bench , add a yoga block if it’s too low and you can’t control the full ROM, then use both feet to rise again.

3 x 15 each leg

Ross1961 likes this.
  4. Ross1961

Ross1961 Full Member

Thanks guy's, I'm struggling making any headway at the moment and really didn't want to stop doing legs and falling back with them as well

:thumb:

5. Don

Don Full Member

Not saying you should go to the doctor after every fart but I think you need to get it looked at ..me myself I would stop all heavy Training & remember a small Problem today can end up a big one .. No one on here can say for sure what is wrong

6. Ross1961

Ross1961 Full Member

Hi and thanks for the advice, my Dr won't do anything other than tell me to stop training [assuming I told him I did]. Do Dr's actually do anything today? I describe my symptoms to my doc while he's typing it into google then he shows me pictures of what I might have.

I will go see him if it persists as obviously don't want any permanent damage.

Thanks
    Brian

7. Getbig25

Getbig25 Top Contributor

Inject BPC 157 into it ED for 4 weeks.

Be good as new.

Srs

Ross1961 and Yogi_412 like this.
  8. The Red Meat Kid

The Red Meat Kid Top Contributor

Be worth having a physio look over it see if everything is firing efficiently

Knee is structurally pretty sound just a hinge joint with around 5 degrees of rotation

If the joint itself hurts there is something not doing it’s job. Muscles are our first line of defence then our bones so there’s something not firing or activating efficiently perhaps (assuming knee hasn’t suffered direct trauma)

Where is the pain localised and what movements agrovate it?

zack, mal and Ross1961 like this.
  9. Ross1961

Ross1961 Full Member

I don't know what that is mate, sounds like it'll hurt though:omg:

Hi and thanks for replying.

It's actually really painful in the joint it'self, I was carrying a BBQ out of a container today at work and stepped down on my right leg and knee gave me hell, thought I was going down on the floor. I walked it off ok and no pain walking. Just doesn't seem to want me to lift anything:think:

I did legs last night so PPL routine if I'm doing it right means Sat/Sun rest days, Monday Push, Tuesday Pull, rest day Wednesday so no legs again till Thursday. Guess I'll have to see how it is then.

Cheers
    Brian

10. doink

Probably aggravated the patella tendon or quad tendon.

Quad would hurt at the top of the knee, patella usually the bottom.

Rest, ice and light mobility, then just wait it out. If it stays fucked for a few weeks I’d see a physio, don’t train it until it stops hurting.

Ross1961 likes this.
  11. Ross1961

Ross1961 Full Member

Cheers Doink, think I'll play safe and give it a couple of weeks off.

12. doink

Ross1961 likes this.
  13. Ross1961

Ross1961 Full Member

14. Ross1961

Ross1961 Full Member

Ok I don't think it was my stumble as left knee also hurting, perhaps/probably doing something wrong:think:

Using the hack press the youtube vid I watched said keep your feet up high on the platform to prevent your knees pushing to far forward when squatting, sound right?

Calf raises on hack squat machine, lock knees so legs dead straight, only working calf muscle, right/wrong?

I haven't done legs for more than a week other than calf's and both knees are aching most of the time, been on ibuprofen but not helping much. Blinking scared to train legs now.

As always any guidance appreciated

Brian

15. Greedy Ben

Greedy Ben Top Contributor

Training Log:
    Click Here
    If it is patella tendon best thing is rest and avoid anything that aggravates it.

Got neoprene sleeves?
    Leg extensions (heavy) can be beneficial to strengthen it according to some, others say too much direct force on it.

I would start with box squats or squats to a bench then progress to bodyweight.
    Aim for full depth purely for the mobility aspect and overall hip/knee/lower back health.

I would avoid nsaids where possible too, inflammation is part of the healing process.

Ross1961 likes this.