Hypnotherapy For Training Purposes

Discussion in 'Training Psychology' started by musclemate, Aug 7, 2016.

?

Have you had hypnotherapy for training?

1. Yes

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. No

2 vote(s)
    66.7%
  3. I'm interested in this

1 vote(s)
    33.3%
  1. musclemate

musclemate I can. I will. Just watch me. Top Contributor

Training Log:
    Click Here
    i was wondering if anyone has had hypnotherapy - whether pre-recorded or with a therapist - specifically to help them with their training?

What was the outcome...and did it help?

bulldog likes this.

2. bulldog

bulldog Top Contributor Top Contributor

I have been using some tracks I found on YouTube called "Michael Sealey - Athletic Mindset Hypnosis" - one for preworkout, one for postworkout, plus he has some for anxiety, ocd, etc etc...

Honestly, can't say how much benefit I'm getting, only been using them for a couple weeks, maybe 3, but they haven't had any NEGATIVE effect, so I'll keep going with it I guess!!

musclemate and Mr mac like this.
  3. Mr mac

Mr mac TM Health & Safety officer Top Contributor

Training Log:
    Click Here
    Might look into that for general ocd weird shit that I do.
    Cheers

bulldog likes this.
  4. Mr mac

Mr mac TM Health & Safety officer Top Contributor

Training Log:
    Click Here
    I've been thinking of hypno actually for my injuries as I think I overly focus on them which definately magnifies it.

bulldog likes this.
  5. doink

doink PhD in Bro Science Top Contributor

Mate tried hypnotherapy for drinking recently.

Said it was an absolute bag of bollocks and a waste of time.

If you're easily influenced or gullible person I can see how it would work but naturally skeptical people like me it's of no use to. It's just a guy talking words at you... He has no hidden power or magic or influence over you. He's just talking at you.

If you walk down a road and say " jump up and down " at random people, some will do it, some will ignore you and some will tell you to get fucked.....

If you're the guy Jumping up and down in that situ you'll likely be the guy who could be influenced by a 'hypnotist'

Because you're a massive beta.

Let's face it chap, I think we've been around the boards long enough together to know it's not gonna work for you!

That said..... What is there to lose expect a few quid you likely won't miss anyway? Whatever floats your canoe.

musclemate and bulldog like this.
  6. bulldog

bulldog Top Contributor Top Contributor

I think you just hit the nail on the head there, @doink - you have to actually buy into it mentally for it to have any effect - although that could be said about a lot of things tbh...

doink likes this.
  7. doink

It is mate, think it's all placebo personally but science proves that placebo can have a tangible effect in a small percentage of people.....

It's like homeopathy to me.... The vast majority think it's a load of bollocks and science tends to agree on most of it but you do hear about people recovering from cancer and all sorts with homeopathic medicine.

It'd be closed minded to dismiss it altogether wouldn't it but I reckon there's better ways to spend your time and money.

Motivations one of the holy grails for me.... Everyone would love to feel it all the time but fact is we don't.

You're better off asking someone like con or Jim yourself how they do it. Try and emulate them if that's what you want to do. Ask yourself why your demotivated and identify your exact motivation. Once you've done that you can work on removing the demotivating factors and increasing the motivating factors.....

Rather than expecting some charlatan to talk you into it with his magic watch and a soothing tone.

huntingground and bulldog like this.
  8. doink

That said I struggle with mine most of the time....

I'm just lazy though. I know what I need to do I just won't do it.

Think that's probably the case for most of us isn't it?

bulldog likes this.
  9. Stephen

Stephen Top Contributor

I've been to see 2 different hypno type therapists, one was absolute Bollocks typical hypno guy bragging how awesome he is, didn't feel that I went "under" and didn't get any benefit from it.

Other one was a guy who is also an nlp practitioner, ex marine dealing with ptsd patients and a bloody good guy, even our chat upon meeting he got me to open up about a whole host of shit without me realising.
    I felt a great deal of benefit from my time with him in the short term but I think it would require more regular work to see a tangible long term benefit.
    I think the sub conscious part of the brain is extremely powerful but the effectiveness seems to come from whether the person helping you has the ability to understand and help rewire your behavioural patterns while he's in there.

huntingground likes this.