1. While members here are knowledgeable, they are not doctors and are not able to diagnose or recommend treatment for medical conditions. Please consult a health care professional rather than risk your health.
    Dismiss Notice

I’m Going Downhill And I’m Worried.

Discussion in 'Injuries, Health & Personal Care' started by Rob O’tren, Jan 11, 2022.

1. Rob O’tren

Rob O’tren Full Member

Last year I managed to abstain from alcohol for a good six months during the build up to Christmas. Then I binged for 8 days, I kept drinking one day after the next to clear my hangovers but this just postponed them.
    This weekend I binged out again? Three bottles of wine Friday, Saturday, 10 beers and two bottles of wine Sunday, 8 pints yesterday. I feel physically and mentally drained. I started therapy last week but I’m not very impressed with her £70 an hour once a week but she seems average. I’m thinking of stopping steroid use altogether as I think this is affecting my mental health.
    This has been brewing for years and it’s time I got the help I need to become a better person. Have any of you guys got any recommendations.

2. G-G

G-G Ex Competitor

Thought about AA?

3. Leej

Leej Full Member

The booze is a depressant.. knock it on the head ...
    I only have a drink at Christmas now one bottle of wine maybe a rum thats it for me..
    Exercise is good for your mental health (not the tren though) keep up your training and think alcohol affects your gains.....it's easier said than done....

Rob O’tren likes this.
  4. GolfDelta

GolfDelta Competitor

Look up your local SMART recovery meetings. CBT based therapy for addiction issues. What got me sober and off rec drugs.

Rob O’tren likes this.
  5. Richie_Rich

Richie_Rich Top Contributor

No good the booze mate im a binge drinker by defintion aswell but do periods of being fully sober

go to the aa meetings
    Set some goals
    Maybe start a journal on here for accountabilty
    Come off peds
    Get some hobbies

Rob O’tren likes this.
  6. Rob O’tren

Rob O’tren Full Member

Thanks guys I’m looking into what’s available to me as we speak!. The Smart recovery looks good.

Richie_Rich likes this.
  7. Leej

Leej Full Member

There is a place called ieso they do CBT and other stuff will inbox the number later it's a free service can have telephone therapy....
    Here is the number
    0800 074 5560
    Pit it here case anybody else needs it

Last edited: Jan 11, 2022
    G-G and Rob O’tren like this.
  8. Reacher

Reacher Moderator

don't have any proper advice
    but,
    firstly well done for recognising and dealing with it as a problem
    I'd say keep up the exercise for many obvious reasons, but put serious thought to knocking the gear on the head, at least for the time being.
    All gear can have an effect mentally, obvs tren and 19nors being the worst, all to degree depending on user and situation.
    I'd guess dealing with alcohol issues is going to add to that situation for you.

could always return to when your in a better place mate, just might be adding yourself some troubles at mo.

Richie_Rich and Rob O’tren like this.
  9. Rob O’tren

Rob O’tren Full Member

I think a TRT dose of test could be beneficial but I’ll feel it out. I ran NPP for two years once and I think that screwed with me quite badly. At the end I was in a fantasy world I honestly didn’t know who I was.

Reacher likes this.
  10. spearman

spearman Full Member

I feel your struggles mate. I have a few issues myself and have that type of personality.

I certainly wouldn’t recommend totally coming off as this could potentially crash your mood and push you further into dependancy. I would run 75mg test a week whilst you get further help as discussed above CBT etc.

Rob O’tren and Reacher like this.
  11. Reacher

Reacher Moderator

yeah, thinking about it a total stop would most likely add to issues right now and be too big of a crash to deal with.
    a sensible actual trt would be a better idea.

Rob O’tren likes this.
  12. GhostOf2Can

GhostOf2Can Top Contributor

125mg test a week whilst you get sorted imo

Rob O’tren and Richie_Rich like this.
  13. Richie_Rich

Richie_Rich Top Contributor

2 years on deca i would be 6ft under well done for being alive

Rob O’tren likes this.
  14. pooley1810

pooley1810 Moderator

No real first hand experience
    But I agree with the others, a legit trt will have more of a benefit than not
    If you let your hormones crash completely then the depression and lack of motivation it can cause could make your feelings worse
    Stay positive mate, you've had a bad run but time to look forward
    Whenever I'm tempted into a session I think about the consequences and how I feel afterwards, the hangover and comedown lasting for days
    Thats enough to put me off for life now tbh
    Can't get away with it like you can in 20s n 30s

Rob O’tren and Richie_Rich like this.
  15. AnimalLifter

AnimalLifter Full Member

remove the Commoners Poison and try some herb Lad... beer is bad... its a heavy chemical....it can make you marry your cousin if you aint careful

Rob O’tren likes this.