1. While members here are knowledgeable, they are not doctors and are not able to diagnose or recommend treatment for medical conditions. Please consult a health care professional rather than risk your health.
    Dismiss Notice

I’m Going Downhill And I’m Worried.

Discussion in 'Injuries, Health & Personal Care' started by Rob O’tren, Jan 11, 2022.

1. Rob O’tren

Rob O’tren Full Member

The last thing I need is Skunk mate.

NoPain likes this.
  2. GolfDelta

GolfDelta Competitor

The last thing HE needs is skunk :lol:

NoPain and Rob O’tren like this.
  3. Rob O’tren

Rob O’tren Full Member

Typical huh! I’m feeling like I could be suffering from depression and anxiety…oh you need some skunk mate!:facepalm::rofl:

NoPain, Richie_Rich and GolfDelta like this.
  4. GolfDelta

GolfDelta Competitor

I know a lot of people are against antidepressants and think people should ‘man up’ etc but they saved me from killing myself or drinking myself to death. If someone is clinically depressed (which I am) they have an imbalance of serotonin in their brain. It’s unlike situational depression where if life gets better the depression gets better. I could have everything going my way in life and still be suicidal without antidepressants. Just food for thought, worth speaking to a GP about.

Richie_Rich and Rob O’tren like this.
  5. Rob O’tren

Rob O’tren Full Member

Iv
    always been a bit sketchy of them mate but I’m glad they worked for you. I know a few who have used em with mixed results. Maybe I’ll have a word.

6. Richie_Rich

Richie_Rich Top Contributor

Glad theyve worked for you mate sounds bad that! Is it true you just sort of feel numb on anti ds? The highs arent that high but the lows arent that low type of thing?

GolfDelta likes this.
  7. Rob O’tren

Rob O’tren Full Member

I hear you have to make gradual adjustments to the dose if you ever came off because you could spiral downwards quickly.

Richie_Rich likes this.
  8. Richie_Rich

Ive heard of lots of sides untill you find “ sweet spot” insomonia/sleep loads no appetite/cant stop eating etc

9. spearman

spearman Full Member

Have you tired ashwaganda? I’ve found it very helpful for anxiety.

Rob O’tren likes this.
  10. NoPain

NoPain Full Member

I started drinking stupidly heavily a few years ago, i went about coming off wrong I decided to stop drinking on a 18 hour flight home and stopped dead I was in casualty 24 hours after landing but I was helped but put myself at risk as I had serious DTs I would seek help to stop drinking, that is your first thing. You will feel better for it I promise. It will be hard but your mind is not right with drink, if you have issues it only gets worse when you add in alcohol, no matter how it feels in the short term. You need to take life in with a clear mind first and then seek help for other issues. Join AA if you can, you will meet people who have been there, have issues and have all sorts of stories that may well be worse than yours, but what you will also find is support and people you can talk to

GolfDelta likes this.
  11. GolfDelta

GolfDelta Competitor

It took me 3 different types to find one that works mate but yeh the first two made me feel either more anxious/put on weight/insomnia/extreme lethargy and other unpleasant sides BUT I’m glad I persevered as the one I’m on now I just feel like normal, when they first kicked in I remember thinking “ah this is what being content/happy feels like” as it’d been so long. They obviously aren’t for everyone and I totally accept that, the trial and error of getting the right one can be a nightmare but I genuinely couldn’t have been much worse prior to being put on them so I saw no harm in giving them a chance.

Richie_Rich likes this.
  12. Richie_Rich

raises rbc so be careful if using peds

13. Richie_Rich

Do you still take peds with them out of intrest mate?

14. GolfDelta

GolfDelta Competitor

I didn’t at first as I had got out of training due to addiction issues but once I got myself sorted yeh I started using PEDs again. Strongest I’ve ever been just now and got a powerlifting comp this year so can say I’ve encountered no negative interactions between the two. Although I’d never use tren again due to mental sides anyway so that prob helps lol.

Richie_Rich likes this.
  15. NoPain

NoPain Full Member

I find it borderline rude, not you but people I have spoken to who seem to think taking antidepressants makes you a loony or should be a taboo question. Without them I am depressed with negative views and dwelling on past experiences. On anti depressants I am far more positive and life is better. Taking them is not admitting defeat or the realms of mad people, it's a help, a bump, a way of pushing past life's shit and allow you to move forward